Element031792

I win!
Oct 3, 2005
Must say I miss IGN. Shame that right when I log back on, everything is about to change. Hey guys! What's up? Awesome to recognize so many usernames after all this time.

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
Element031792 said:
Must say I miss IGN. Shame that right when I log back on, everything is about to change. Hey guys! What's up? Awesome to recognize so many usernames after all this time.

do i know you ?

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
Hah, no kidding.

Hey, element, if you're still around. Good to see you man. Hope to find you on the new boards as well.

CayceG

The Baron
Jun 4, 2002
This is about what I expected would happen to this board when IGN changed.

IGN is dead.

GTA folks, you guys need to come to the forums I escaped to. IGN had their chance these last 2 years and they've blown it spectacularly.

CayceG

The Baron
Jun 4, 2002
And wow, the CT can't be transferred to the new boards?

That's pathetic.

Truly the end of an era.
You guys are welcome at the new place. There's not a GTA board, but there's a half decent community.

Come on over if you're sick of IGN.
http://www.dayonepatch.com/

w1seguy20

No Longer a Noob
Oct 26, 2009
My last post in the biggest most epic thread of all time...

*sigh* I will miss this thread. The GTA board isn't even transferred over to the new one yet and all we have is lots and lots of spam. Truly a horrible way for this board and thread to go out, forgotten and pushed on to the second page due to the spam.

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
it cant be transfer d due to glitch in the amount of posts a thread can have.

that being said once the glich is fixed ....

CayceG

The Baron
Jun 4, 2002
You know, I kinda want a post on the last page of this thread.

I have a post on the first page, I have the 500,000th post in the thread... It's only fitting that I bookend it as well.

Farewell GTA board and GTA CT.

All you nerds need to come to dayonepatch and hang out with us [face_tongue]

og101

No Longer a Noob
Jan 8, 2006
Good time to drop in, I can't believe this threads being locked, as sad as it is to say I've had some really good memories from a internet forum, I truly have. It's sad to see this exodus of old regs as well.

EDIT:
Guess I'll say a bit more if this is the last page / post in this thread.

I wish the best to all my old friends from here, and I hope that one day we'll all have time to play some GTA together. (GTA V online free roam?) I also hope that everyone returns to the boards when GTA V releases.. Please everyone, lets make this board what it used to be back in the golden days. I don't think it's too late.

Sephiroth166

Shut up about the damn bills!
Jan 1, 2005
Narnia
It'll be reopened once the glitch is fixed. This is IGN's largest thread. I'm sure they'll find a way to archive it or what not.

Can't wait until this spam bot crap is cleaned up tomorrow.

og101

No Longer a Noob
Jan 8, 2006
^ Thats good news then. Whats the deal though, is almost all the regs who haven't left, leaving from IGN?

Sephiroth166

Shut up about the damn bills!
Jan 1, 2005
Narnia
Not until the board moves. According to the mods, it'd take hours to do this. On the new boards it would take less than a minute.

DaViD_MiLLs

Defective
Jan 10, 2005
Wow, haven't posted in the CT much but I would hate to see it and all the regs go. Hope they can fix the glitch and get it moved over.

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
Guys, this is not the "end of an era." I'm all for the emotional attachment that comes with this thread too, and I'll be sad if there's some kind of way that it can't eventually be imported (definitely not any time soon). But the new board system? That's AMAZING. It's fantastic. Many IGNers are already over there and loving it. When's the last time the community said they loved ANY of the changes that have happened to these boards recently? Exactly. IGN is doing it right this time. They have an engineering staff of 30+ that are working on all different aspects, to make sure that it's what the community wants and expects. It's full of awesome powerful features, both for users and mods alike. No more needing a firefox plugin - YouTube videos can/will embed directly into posts. Better poll options (ability to keep results hidden, ability to have a multi-select poll), the list goes on.

And the spam stuff here, that literally would take me the majority of one day to clean up at this point. And... I've got a day job. But on the new boards, it's three clicks and not only is a spammer banned, but their IP is banned and ALL of their posts are deleted. Bam. Done.

So yeah, I get that it's sad about this thread. But seriously, if you haven't yet, check out the new boards - http://www.ign.com/boards/ - They're looking fantastic and I can't wait to hang out with you guys there.

[/soapbox]

sadiesinner

Veritas ~ Aequitas
Dec 24, 2004
CayceG said:
And wow, the CT can't be transferred to the new boards?

That's pathetic.

Truly the end of an era.
You guys are welcome at the new place. There's not a GTA board, but there's a half decent community.

Come on over if you're sick of IGN.
http://www.dayonepatch.com/
i see they have a more liberal approach when it comes the TOS!

[face_mischief]

snake_eater_05

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 25, 2004
Amazing that this thread is still up and running...a far cry from what it was when I posted here a few years back, but it's still here. This entire board is one giant mess.

sadiesinner

Veritas ~ Aequitas
Dec 24, 2004
snake_eater_05 said:
Amazing that this thread is still up and running...a far cry from what it was when I posted here a few years back, but it's still here. This entire board is one giant mess.
7 years ago this board would have left a mess in the front of my pants, now it represents the mess in the back of my pants.

CayceG

The Baron
Jun 4, 2002
So apparently tonight is the night, eh?

In that case, that's it for me. IGN2 has nothing I want. It's not the forum I signed up for a decade ago.
I may lurk come GTA5.

Until then...

It's been nice knowing all of you.
This place will always be my home.

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
But wait - can only mods post here? Any non-mod around and can post?

EDIT: Ok, someone showed me a screenshot of what it looks like for a non-mod in the thread. Shows a message that says something to the effect of "Sorry, you can't reply in threads that are longer than 15,000 posts.

Crazy.

Last edited:

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
No way - post board upgrade can non-mods post in here once again?

EDIT: Apparently so, haha - I'm not a mod any longer and I just posted! This. Changes. Everything.

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
@SimpsonsFan007 lol how did people used to get the godfather criminal rating back in the PS2 days ? i recall mine being pretty high but dont think it was quite that high

noticing its one of the requirements for a plat run - PS4

haven't even started yet

meanjon

Just Don't Piss Me Off
Dec 11, 2002
Cygnus X-1
I'll get one for you

That's from our first gig since the Pandemic, it was online from the Casbah
Live music is still banned here but we can play in the club as long as it's closed

meanjon

Just Don't Piss Me Off
Dec 11, 2002
Cygnus X-1
How your weekend going?
Mine went like this -->https://www.ignboards.com/threads/im-getting-a-taser-baton.455612555/

Screenshot 2020-09-17 021939.png

nice pic, right?
Starting from top right
Catalinbread Antichthon
EHX Big Muff
Boss Phase Shifter
Boss HM-2
Mooer Black Secret
Earthquake Devices Data Corruptor
Hotone Harmonizer
Alexander Syntax Error
-2nd row-
Malekko Downer (it's badass)
Earthquake Devices Transmisser
Hotone Volume Pedal
Boss DD-5
TC Electronic Flanger, Chorus and Flashback Delay
...all that and there is another pedalboard that I use that goes into a third amplifier

So much fun