SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
All, this is the new CT. Welcome to the new GTA Board!

Since this was the largest and oldest active thread in the old boards, I thought it fitting to have the stats as of the merge shown here.

»» GTA Community Thread ««
Started: 8/19/2002 5:49:AM
Pages: 23,647

Now enjoy - this is for all off-topic conversation. TOS still applies, however. Have fun!

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
Not gone - but might not be able to be migrated over. Hopefully it will, but the work right now is on getting the majority of all the boards' posts over. Then they'll focus on the outliers.

w1seguy20

No Longer a Noob
Oct 26, 2009
First page! Even though this board moves slower than the other CTs I post and I didn't get first page on those.

Good to see ya'll here. Whatever I've discovered of the boards so far isn't bad. I like having the autocensor, like system, multi-quote feature, and faster boards. Appearance overall is meh though even with the classic gray theme and I want them to put my list of favorite boards on the main page. I don't like having to come here manually.

samanark

...................................Satan
Feb 14, 2004
I find it amusing my "ATTN: SPAMBOT" thread was not moved over. To be fair, it's completely inapplicable now.

CayceG

The Baron
Jun 4, 2002
So let me get this straight...

The board glitch that kept the old CT from being moved ISN'T going to be fixed and the old CT WON'T be moved over?

EDIT: Just read the post.
That's complete BS. IGN isn't going to "pick up the outliers" because there are simply too many. For all the other forums out there that had issues, my bet is that after IGN2 comes online fully, the operators will dust off their hands, put their feet up and say "welp, we're done!"

It's just unbelievable.
And to think this started what, 2 years ago with the board "update"

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
��
Oct 1, 2000
Cayce, things are a lot different now than they were before. For instance, now we actually have engineers working (and working very hard) on all aspects of the board system. Before, there was literally almost no engineering support. As I understand it, they're going to get things up and running, then fix those outliers, just like I said.

snake_eater_05

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 25, 2004
Man, it certainly seems strange to see a whole new CT here...the other had been there for a good seven or eight years...

w1seguy20

No Longer a Noob
Oct 26, 2009
AARON![face_hugs]

How goes it buddy? Long time so speak sir, I haven't seen you online in forever! (PSN or here)

samanark

Feb 14, 2004
I seem to be the only one who doesn't actually really care about the whole thing.

snake_eater_05

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 25, 2004
AARON![face_hugs]

How goes it buddy? Long time so speak sir, I haven't seen you online in forever! (PSN or here)

Hey Wiseley, doing well. How have you been? And I've been so, so busy to start this year. Not only have I not had a lot of money to do much, but my mom was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago and I've been really busy being with her as often as I can.

w1seguy20

No Longer a Noob
Oct 26, 2009
Aww man I'm sorry to hear that, whats her prognosis like? And yeah man I've been hella busy too, I'm in my last semester of my master's program and I've been working on my comprehensive case presentation (like a thesis). I myself haven't been on in a few weeks (dunno when my last sign on was)

sadiesinner

Veritas ~ Aequitas
Dec 24, 2004
I seem to be the only one who doesn't actually really care about the whole thing.
i dont care too much about the whole thing either. i dont care about the CT reboot.
i would like to see custom themes. i much prefer something like this:

plus i dont like the popup field when you want to use bbcode. it should just paste the code in the message and then i ctrl+V my link into it. if you understand what that means.

thats about as much feedback as i am going to give the whole switchover.

Last edited:

samanark

Feb 14, 2004
Custom themes is a good idea. The pop-up field is a bit unnecessary but it doesn't bother me so much, mainly due to my lack of code use.

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
I know that this forum software does allow for themes to be pretty-easily imported, but yeah - pretty sure it won't allow for custom themes on a user-by-user basis.

snake_eater_05

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 25, 2004
Aww man I'm sorry to hear that, whats her prognosis like? And yeah man I've been hella busy too, I'm in my last semester of my master's program and I've been working on my comprehensive case presentation (like a thesis). I myself haven't been on in a few weeks (dunno when my last sign on was)

Stage four lung cancer. It's been tough, gonna be a long road ahead of her.

Nice, congrats. That'll be awesome to have. I'd love to get a master's too, but I don't have the time or money for it.

kadonny

Mod in the Fast Lane
Aug 22, 2001
Pennsylvania
Sorry to hear that Snake_eater, my well wishes to her.

Looks like the old CT got migrated over so we can close this? Simps?

Sephiroth166

Shut up about the damn bills!
Jan 1, 2005
Narnia
Sorry to hear that Snake_eater, my well wishes to her.

Well I'll be damned. Kadonny!

For those of you not watching the news, the South is getting anally raped right now by Mother Nature. Tornadoes are all around me. I've got one final wave headed at me. Hopefully these storms stay away from me. I've got several friends homeless. Just heard about one family that had just finished rebuilding from last April and their home is destroyed again.

w1seguy20

No Longer a Noob
Oct 26, 2009
Stage four lung cancer. It's been tough, gonna be a long road ahead of her.
Damn, doesn't look good but I too wish the best for her. Was she a smoker by any chance?
yeah but when I went there, I see a message at the bottom that said you can only reply to threads w/ less than 15k posts at this time.
For those of you not watching the news, the South is getting anally raped right now by Mother Nature. Tornadoes are all around me. I've got one final wave headed at me. Hopefully these storms stay away from me. I've got several friends homeless. Just heard about one family that had just finished rebuilding from last April and their home is destroyed again.
wow I actually haven't heard this, not surprising seeing as I live in CA. Stay safe Zach.

snake_eater_05

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 25, 2004
Thanks guys, and yeah, my mom actually quit smoking about a month ago. Bitter irony...

And those tornadoes are really wreaking havoc right now. Incredible forces of nature, and I do hope to see one someday.

Sephiroth166

Shut up about the damn bills!
Jan 1, 2005
Narnia
Thanks guys, and yeah, my mom actually quit smoking about a month ago. Bitter irony...

And those tornadoes are really wreaking havoc right now. Incredible forces of nature, and I do hope to see one someday.
You know, as many tornadoes that have come through, I've yet to see on on the ground, I've seen a wall cloud, I've seen the air that is going in opposite direction, but never the twister itself. I hope I do see one one day, and I hope it's not headed towards my house.

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
@kadonny - yeah, thankfully we got the CT moved over. But until the error preventing users from responding to a thread with more than 15K posts gets resolved, we'll have to use this as a stop-gap solution for now.

@Sephiroth166 - Zach, that sucks brother. Stay safe down there, ok?

@snake_eater_05 - Sorry to hear about the struggles your mom is facing man. That's crazy/no fun.

Myself, I came down with some symptoms of the nasty flu that's been going around in this area recently. No good. So, working from home.

NAT_PR

Noob
Mar 1, 2012
Hope GTA V is not as real as IV. In the sense when driving the car and motorcycle. It spins off and burns rubber for no reason.

lilg1521

Half Man, Half Amazing
Jul 28, 2005
The 37th Chamber
check it
very interesting post/theory from GTAForums user LotusRIP

James Earl Cash, is the protagonist from Manhunt, who I believe could be our protagonist for V. Keywords could be - but it's still an interesting idea if you have a look...

1. James Earl Cash is originally from San Andreas
2. He is freed from death row in exchange to participate in a snuff film made by a director from Vinewood... Lionel Starkweather.
3. After Manhunt, it's presumed James Cash fled Carcer City to an unknown destination - back home to San Andreas? "Why did I move here?...".
4. All that is known is that he went on to start a construction company called JEC & Sons Construction:
Jec_and_sons.jpg

*Note the construction site in the trailer for GTAV and rumours of the feature...

Now, presuming James could have fled Carcer City to return to San Andreas, with all this in mind read the following and it will make some sense:
"I wanted to retire from what I was doing. You know, from that... that line of work. Be a good guy for once, a family man."

5. Interesting trivia relating James Cash to San Andreas:
- Cash action figures can be found in Zero's RC Shop in San Fierro in GTA San Andreas.
344701-vcenmanhuntpoppen_super.jpg

- At the police station in Las Venturas and San Fierro, there are wanted posters for Cash and a few Hoods gang members.
10658.jpg

6. "Family man":
-According to a CCPD officer, Cash has a wife.
- JEC & Sons Construction suggests that he may now have sons.

7. Money plays a big role in GTAV, and I remember reading once there's another good reason why. James CASH?

NOW LOOK AT THIS:
band.png

(notice how Manhunt is the only non-GTA related Rockstar game featured in the banner, which was taken from Rockstar North's new site - which is rumored to be a placeholder for the upcoming official GTA V homepage)
http://www.rockstarnorth.com/

samanark

Feb 14, 2004
Congratulations, it's a series of vague connections. Are we going to start posting our favourite conspiracy theories next?

Chevalier_Schiff

Rehinged
Aug 2, 2007
R* always does this in their gta games..

Why does it still cause such a commotion among fans.

LIEK OMFG THEY MADE A REFERENCE TO ANOTHER GTA GAME OF THEIRS LIKE OMFG
SO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Last edited:

lilg1521

Half Man, Half Amazing
Jul 28, 2005
The 37th Chamber
Congratulations, it's a series of vague connections. Are we going to start posting our favourite conspiracy theories next?

well gee guys, I'm just trying to start a conversation:(

DaViD_MiLLs

Defective
Jan 10, 2005

well gee guys, I'm just trying to start a conversation:(

Don't fret g, they just got a little sand in their vaginas ;)

samanark

Feb 14, 2004
I'm going to assume I'm supposed to be offended by that or something.

Or you know, point out that his choice of a conversation starter was a really bad one, since it uses a really poor excuse for "reasoning" and he could have picked a better thing to post. But you know, whatever. Misology is cool too.