Status
Not open for further replies.

PookieMan

Noob
Aug 21, 2002
Just a few things. I like Ryan Reynolds however I really wish they would've picked a good, no name actor for the role. Oh Well. Another thing it would've been great to have John Stewart vs Hal as it would've changed things up with the white super heroes and prepared them for a JL movie kind of like Marvel is doing with all the tie ins. Lastly I'm geting sick of CGi.

Feb 17, 2009
This flick got all the right things down: the cgi is mindblowing; Green Lantern couldnt be made without cgi, especially this incredible cgi. Ryan reynolds is incredible. The perfect choice for Hal Jordan(he was never the Flash in my opinion, certainly no Barry Allen!), and the way he said the oath was goddamn disturbingly amazing! Everything about this movie will be amazing. WB/DC is going all out on this and it will be the second most profitable film next summer after the finale of Harry Potter.

ITS GONNA GET EMERALD GREEN NEXT SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!

Rocwing

Noob
Nov 11, 2005
Every time someone says something is the "The new Star Wars" Derpa der! I want to vomit a little bit. They said the same crap about Titan A.E. and The Fifth Element, and it killed the buzz on both those movies.. I love Green Lantern so can we please stop hyping it this way? It's got so much more to go on besides being set partially in space.

Jun 10, 2006
No, it's never the "next" Star Wars, Blade Runner, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, or ect. It's a terrible idea to even do that.

Unless they're trying to say it's the next Star Wars Episode 1-3. In which case, that's not really something you want to claim your movie will be.

uPUsNKa

Noob
Nov 20, 2008
So, Star Wars 1-3 were good movies, hell they were great movies, Jar Jar aside, that Light Saber Battle was the best of the new series...oh wait, of the whole because the static Darth vs Luke battle had nothing going for it aside from, being darth v luke, and darth v Obi was cool but well, it wasnt one badass Sith vs two badass Jedi. Anyways stop hating on 1-3, just because they werent the original series that you all jacked off to for 30 years or your whole life doesnt make them bad? Because really, what made them so bad? Besides the over use of graphics and Jar jar, so you can't use them. I will allow Darth Vader being a bitch little emo kid though

Feb 23, 2009
@ uPUsNKa

I'm a fan of all 6 SW movies, but calling the first (1-3) three movies great just shows you know nothing of film. They were choppy, bounced everywhere, no firm plot structure, Lucas does not know how to direct actors and LET THEM ACT, bad dialogue, quick tie ins to the old trilogy, etc... should I go on? I'm sure the majority of film majors and people who generally know about film agree with me. But in the end... sure, they were entertaining. That's about it. A feast for the eyes. So please... opinions are welcome here, but they will get ranted on if they are just fan boy babble.

Aug 12, 2010
maybe not star wars but i am interested in this green lantern film hell i hope it is. im being cautiously optimistic about this one and i find ryan reynolds a very good actor when he wants to be.

P.S. flashy fight scenes a good film does not make!

abreville

Noob
Oct 20, 2007
I wouldn't say it will be the next stars wars because they are completely different from each other. I would sure like more star wars movies though.

Sep 23, 2010
fuck Ryan Reynolds. plus he was already deadpool why are they making him another superhero. this upsets me because green lantern is one of my favs and i get to see him fall in the hands of reynolds....

gckgtfuk23

Noob
Nov 10, 2010
Hi,Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, ( http://www.b2cshop.us ) Here are the most

popular, most stylish and avant-garde

shoes,handbags,Tshirts, jacket,Tracksuit w

ect...NIKE SHOX,JORDAN SHOES 1-24,AF,DUNK,SB,PUMA

,R4,NZ,OZ,T1-TL3) $35HANDBGAS(COACH,L V, DG, ED

HARDY) $35TSHIRTS (POLO ,ED HARDY, LACOSTE) $16
( http://www.b2cshop.us )
New to Hong Kong : Winter Dress

--- NHL Jersey Woman $ 30 ---**** NFL Jersey $20
--- NBA Jersey $ 18 ---**** MLB Jersey $ 30
--- Jordan Six Ring_m $30 ---**** Air Yeezy_m $ 45
--- T-Shirt_m $ 15 ---**** Jacket_m $ 30
--- Hoody_m $ 30 ---**** Manicure Set $ 20
as long as the new and old customers to buy the corresponding product on this site, both a gift, so stay tuned! !
commodity is credit guarantee, you can rest assured of purchase, allby will provide service for you all, welcome to
1. sport shoes : Jordan ,Nike, adidas, Puma, Gucci, LV, UGG , etc. including women shoes and kids shoes.
2. T-Shirts : BBC T-Shirts, Bape T-Shirts, Armani T-Shirts, Polo T-Shirts,etc.

raiden917

Noob
Nov 9, 2010
urrrgh, cant stand ryan reynolds shitty actor i hated him as deadpool but id rather him as dead pool than the awsome hal jordan. wat a joke

Jan 11, 2010
IGN, seriously? You have a link at the top of your page that says "New Star Wars?" and it's a link to a Green Lantern movie article? FAIL. Don't trick people like that.

Lawto13

Noob
Jul 12, 2010
the new star wars? seriously quit your job and go into hiding.....lol just joking this movie so far looks like a flop, the trailer was disappointing for me, a DC fan. i hope the cg is greatly improved by final cuts. Tis all i can say really

Nov 30, 2010
HAHA I Just got it, IGN you guys are great. Is this a reference to SpaceBalls? and how they fight with their rings but star wars style. and how they both tried to be like star wars but failed to live up to it...but for different reasons for SB was a spoof and GL will just flop. But ya funny fun sh#t making me think and all, Way to go ign!!

Jan 16, 2003
Aren't you guys sometimes tired of DC and sci-fi, especially with heroes in special suits?

This movie looks 'meh' to me. The space parts on another planet look interesting, but it is not epic. Epic sci-fi just like (good) Star Trek and Star Wars goes around different places/planets in the universe. I don't know anything about this story, but if 90% of the movie is fighting for the universe in some metropolis again, with this guy and his magical Greenpeace ring, then I am bored already.

Jul 3, 2005
Last night was the final episode of the show "Smallville". I mention this because a couple episodes ago, they introduced us to Booster Gold.

And guess what? Ryan Reynolds was born to play that super hero!!

I say this because after watching that episode, Green Lantern will tank. And tank horribly. Right there along side Batman & Robin and the Bat costume with Bat nipples.

Guess that's poetic justice for allowing a show to "Smallville" (make up **** as the show goes along). Too bad. I was looking forward to Green Lantern too.

Status
Not open for further replies.