Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1134160p1.html]Green Lantern Footage![/link]
by Jim Vejvoda

Summary:
The first footage from Green Lantern has made its way online -- and it looks sweet if we do say so ourselves. Here's a sneak peek of Ryan Reynolds in costume as Hal Jordan, Kilowog, and Blake Lively as Carol Ferris. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1134160p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

caats19

Noob
May 9, 2006
the suit looked oddly off in that first body shot, but everywhere else i thought great. I hate how ET butchered the trailer. I can't wait for the real thing.

The best Hal Jordan is the flyboy cocky pilot. Glad we're getting that one.

Sep 25, 2008
i need to see more footage without all of et's crap in it and a stupid voice over describing stuff....in short ..et fucking sucks

S

solidknight

Original poster
DC comics is finally taking the initiative by introducing new characters to the big screen, i think this movie will be big !! GO GL !!

weoponx

Noob
Aug 22, 2010
The only thing that scares me is Ryan Reynolds was acting like...well...Ryan Reynolds. Hal Jordan is supposed to be a little more serious, but we will have to wait and see more.

dkbw

Noob
Dec 13, 2008
the costume is wack!!!!! They shoulldve made a wearable costume instead of the cgi crapstume

ttreml

Noob
Nov 12, 2010
i will be honest this film looks like garbage. There is not much to see but from what i have seen it looks like ryan reynolds being ryan reynolds and CG overload as always with these new action flicks.

efwiz

Noob
Aug 23, 2007
I dunno...looks a little cheesy. That first shot with the costume was...and Ryan Reynolds seems...

Well I'm sure it won't suck.

eman2k

Prime Member
Aug 9, 2000
feels like dare devil. hard to judge this early. will wait for some official trailers but does comes across cheesy.

Ramundi

Merry Maple
Nov 11, 2009
Looks good graphically I guess. That small preview told me nothing of the film, really.

stylePMA

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 5, 2004
I saw this movie yesterday!! and I must say this movie could be nominated for worst movie of the decade, I went to see cause I remembered Cloverfield, and I tought it could be half good as that other movie, but it was a piece of .... trust me, don't waste your money, the ending was so cheesy that I almost puke..

Jul 13, 2008
OK, so yeah. I was plenty excited before any footage was released. But now I'm twice as excited! Hell yeah Green Lantern!!

Aug 15, 2010
@stylePMA

You saw a movie not due out until mid next year because you remembered Cloverfield?

Does that make sense to anyone else?

Feb 27, 2006
I don't know. Maybe I'm just so used to the JLA green lantern from the CN cartoon series. But I just don't like the way Green Lantern is acting in this film. He should be more serious. Why do they have him acting like a mix of Iron Man and Spiderman's personality? Both of which are not DC characters

iM22swEEt

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 26, 2007
@stylePMA

You saw a movie not due out until mid next year because you remembered Cloverfield?

Does that make sense to anyone else?

:: he was talking about Skyline he mustve commented twice.

mr_pops238

This is good...isn't it?
Aug 23, 2004
Canada
Thank god ryan reynolds is in it. So far hes the only reason i want to see it. The costume is awesome except for the stupid mask. Its very feminine and ugly.

MFA20K

Noob
Nov 13, 2010
The only thing that struck me as a cause of concern was the Rynolds being Rynolds and not Hal Jordan. BUT you'll notice that most of his goofy parts in the trailer was pretty much with he first discovered his power, which would be OK for him to freak out and be goofy about it a bit. I have hope that he'll grow more serious as he realizes his destiny better.

Other than that I LOVED Everything I saw here. The effects looks wonderful and I am really digging the costume. It makes a lot more sense for an alien technology than just plain fabric and I am also happy they didn't deviate too much from the original design.

0over0

Noob
Jan 27, 2003
It looks very fake--that is, cheap or badly done. Maybe it's just the quality of the video, but I've seen better special effects in 1960s movies.
Here's hoping it's better than it looks right now.

I_LIKE_TURTLES

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 26, 2007
Well it doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would be based on that magazine cover. I'm glad they made the arms and legs darker. It still needs a lot of work because it still looks too phony.

Jul 17, 2003
That trailer is GONNA be epic! I'm pumped for GL:)

Can't wait for Wednesday now - I refuse to watch that trash, "Entertainment Tonight", so I'll wait for it to hit the 'net. I just mean, they'd rather talk more about whose f**king who in Hollywood than any real movie news. The internet made that piece of crap show obsolete long ago; now they cater to people too stupid to actually give a crap about movies, and just talk about the actors and actresses who are hot messes.

You know what show I miss though? [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEmXA0Itv6A]"Movie Magic" on Discovery Channel.[/link] Its because of that show that I knew what a "pyrotechnic" was by the time I was in fourth grade. But man, once every movie started doing everything in CG, they ran out of cool stuff and creative thinking to show - I can understand why it ended.

Feb 17, 2009
The CGI isnt halfway done, the movie has just reached post production so the critics are reading way too much into this. And the people behind the CGI is arguably the best in the business so no worries there.
Rumours says that the Harry Potter trailer will be moer serious and darker but we'll have to wait and see. This preview contains only a few selected clips which is probably too incoherent to make sense off and make a decision about the movie now.
It will be the best next summer. Just wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.