-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
Yeah, I do agree the backtracking in Dead Space feels minimal compared to a Metroidvania. And it makes sense thematically since you’re on a ship (contained space). And you’re right the traversal in this game is pretty quick and easy with the directional aids.

But where I felt it was a nuisance at times was with the security clearance doors. I’d get to an area and see that there’s an unopened door in the opposite direction of the mission, and now I gotta ask myself if I feel like going five minutes out of my way through mostly empty hallways and rooms to open a door that probably contains some ammo and maybe a semiconductor that I can sell.

That’s the kind of thing that I’m personally not a fan of. I know plenty of others enjoy that sort of exploring though.

I need that Halo Infinite grapple shot. Let me zip through those empty hallways!

The reason I mentioned it at all is because that was pretty much the only thing I came across that I didn’t like. That & sometimes the enemy variety felt small, even though there are something like 15+ varieties, so that’s not technically true.

Overall, it was a really well executed game.

Last edited:

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero

Holy cow what a marathon of a game. Took me weeks. Most of it is very “B” jrpg. It’s good, but not the best. It’s an acceptable filler when you want to play a jrpg but have already played all the best ones. I was going to give it a B, but the final few hours get really epic earning it a B+. The setting is modern with guns and cars, but also magic. The basics of the story: you’re a new division of the police detective department and solving crimes and mysteries around the city. You uncover a sinister plot by the mafia involving some ancient evils and a girl with magical powers. Towards the end there’s a big city wide civil war between the mafia and people the mafia paid off, and the police/military. It gets pretty awesome and then you go into a temple to deal with the ancient evils. However leading up to that final chapter there’s a lot of dull samey moments. The fast forward button is your best friend for much of that. The combat is fun. I like the extras such as the jokes told by treasure chests after you loot them, the interesting side quests, heavily modifiable ability system. Overall it’s good, even really good in places but just falls behind greatness aside from that final chapter. Inclusion of New Game+ is nice. You can tell it’s an older game even if it does have some modern features. This probably would have been an A when it was new, but as of now

B+

(~25 hours played but honestly felt like 40… there’s a lot i skipped too)

Beasts of Maravilla Island - B

Chants of Sennaar - A

Detective Pikachu Returns - B-

Captain Commando - Z

Another Code Recollection - A

When the Past was Around - C-

Milkmaid of the Milky Way - B

Rakuen - A

Final Fantasy: Pixel Remaster - C+

Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero - B+

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I finished TR 2. It was very hard. The speed run achievement is for completion in 6 hours. My total game time was 24 hours. I’m saying easily 30 counting deaths. I’ll do a more complete run now on NG+. I’m a few levels into both 1&3. Started the Golden Mask TR expansion. It’s hard right off the bat.

I loved it so much, despite being insanely hard and I can’t believe I beat that back in like 97 or 98. TR 3 was already out. No guide and the parts that screwed me back in the 90’s I passed easily and I got stuck bad in entirely new places. It just never let up. Modern games always have breather levels. Not here. Once beyond the midway point each level is dense and long and hard and confusing. The fucking Monestsry. Fucking Barkhamg Monestary.

I’ll punch through a first run on all the content no guide and do as many challenges as I can, but all second runs I’ll start looking and speed runs and 100% walkthroughs. I found as much shit as I could and after 40 or so hours with the remaster collection I’m about 22 achievements and 255 of 4,250 available points. I doubt I will ever finish with a guide.

*I’ll do NG+ guide-less. All runs after guide and I’ll need multiple runs of each. Probably 4.

*And I love them so much. Right up there with the THPS 1+2 and in some ways more impressive. The visuals looks simple, but the attention to detail in recreating the original is fucking pathological. You can swap the visuals and holy shit they did a stunning master art restoration on the fucking Vatican cathedral. It’s cool. Simple. Vintage. But really fucking cool.

Last edited:

rastaban75

A Dimple in Draco
Jul 23, 2012
Ioannina, Greece
Making a list for future reference.

Completed:
Dark Envoy
Baldur's Gate 3 playthrough #4 (modded/Dwarf bard-barian)

In progress:
Last Epoch
Baldur's Gate 3 playthrough #5
Borderlands 1 GOTY enhanced (no idea if I'll continue with that)

Interested in playing:
Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Hades II
Foretales
Archaelund
Unforetold: Witchstone
Sovereign Syndicate
The Thaumaturge
Songs of Silence
Avowed
New Arc Line
Hell Galaxy
The Bloodline

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
  • Warhammer 40K : Rogue Trader
  • Final Fantasy IV: Pixel Remaster
  • From Space (GP 10.5)

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Balatro

Clever rogue like poker game! Another game I wish I’d have made. The mechanics are simple but immediately addicting and fun. It took about 8-10 runs to figure out a competent strategy and see what the game had to offer. Then was able to beat it after a few more runs. There is a fair amount of randomness as there is with any poker game, but once you figure out a strategy you can gloss over a lot of the randomness and your deck becomes like a machine ticking the scores away. There’s a fair amount of challenge here, the randomness can be a bit frustrating too just waiting for the cards you want to arrive in the shop, or being 1 card away from either your run ending, or winning. The game turns out to be only 24 progressively difficult rounds, and round 24 is a doozy. Adding a - for lack of an ending scene (it just says You Win!) but it does have an endless mode for replayability.

A-
(~5-6 hours, ymmv)

Chants of Sennaar - A

Captain Commando - Z

Rakuen - A

Balatro - A-

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
I haven't finished anything recently, but I have some games to add to the list. I just bought Cult of the Lamb and Helldivers II.

Finished:

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (Replay)
Hotline Miami (Replay)
Halo Infinite (Replay)
Pizza Possum $7
BlazBlue Entropy Effect $17.15
Hotline Miami 2 $3.74

Games to Finish in 2024:

Walking Dead Season 4 $17.18
Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty $25.49
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade $37.09
Helldivers 2 $42.39
Cult of the Lamb $15.89

Maybe:

Tacoma $0.00 Epic
AC Valhalla $15
Cities: Skylines II GP
Doomsday Hunters $12.71
Unravel II GP
Alan Wake II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Super Mario Bros. Wonder $58.29
Elden Ring NG+
PalWorld GP
Payday 3 GP

Nope:

NA

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
TR 1 Switch. I’m working on it on series X though too. Finished the first chapter of 3 as well. It’s so hard. I love those games. So still playing both Switch and Series X versions.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
I'm enjoying Helldivers 2 and I'm not planning to quit anytime soon, but there's no real endgame so I'm not sure when to call it done for this thread.

Maybe when I hit level 20? There are no level-based upgrades beyond that point.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
  • From Space (GP 10.5)
  • Boltgun (GP 13.5)

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
I'm enjoying Helldivers 2 and I'm not planning to quit anytime soon, but there's no real endgame so I'm not sure when to call it done for this thread.

Maybe when I hit level 20? There are no level-based upgrades beyond that point.
Yeah, I think that’s a fair way to think of it. They’ve just added a new upgrade at level 25 so you can call down 2 mechs per mission (separate from the free one which is a temporary event).

At 42 hours of playtime I’m starting to feel ready to slow down, at least in terms of solo time. I’m still happy to play with friends. But I’ve had my fill of playing it solo. Been playing it way too much.

But I would like to get 100% achievements. I’ve got the majority of them. Just 7 or 8 remaining, I think. A couple are really hard.

I’ve completed up to level 7 (extreme difficulty) missions. I see what’s required to play level 9 missions and it just doesn’t seem fun to me. It’s too much to deal with. You basically need to have a full team of experts and really be dialed in.

I think I enjoy the Level 4 (challenging), level 5 (hard) and level 6 missions the most. They’re hard enough to be interesting, but not to the point where it gets frustrating or the game feels cheap when it’s sending 100 rockets at your face when you land.

Anyway, I’m going to consider this one “complete” even though it never really ends. Really fun game. Got my gaming laptop just in time to enjoy it.

If anyone would like to play it some time, let me know!

Not sure what I’ll play next. Maybe that poker game.

Completed:
  • WWF SuperStars (Arcade)
  • Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)
  • WWF WrestleFest (Arcade)
  • Halo Infinite (Xbox Series X) (Replay)
  • Pizza Possum (Xbox Series X)
  • Dead Space Remake (PC Game Pass)
  • Helldivers 2 (PC)

Last edited:

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I haven’t played it but sounds to me like Helldivers channels a little Warframe. All the live services couldn’t get the Warframe action per second ratio right. Sounds like Helldivers does.

Bonemeal2pointOh

Sleep enthusiast
Jan 26, 2003
Mt. Perdition, Gallifrey
Planning to finish both Super Mario RPG Remastered and Bayonetta 2, this year. I don't know if Super Mario RPG counts because I have played through it, before, back on the SNES. I don't know if I can finish Super Mario 3D World, or not. Some of those levels get crazy, like those auto-scrolling levels with the fences I have to scale with Cat Mario. I'm sure I will complete The Bard's Tale ARPG, on Switch.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Adding Steam spring sale purchases (Chrono Trigger, Inscryption, Ultros), and downgrading FFVIIR to maybe.

Finished:

Hotline Miami (Replay)
Halo Infinite (Replay)
Pizza Possum $7
Hotline Miami 2 $3.74

Games to Finish in 2024:

Helldivers 2 $42.39
Cult of the Lamb $15.89
Chrono Trigger $7.49
Inscryption $9.99
Ultros $19.99

Maybe:

Tacoma $0.00 Epic
AC Valhalla $15
Doomsday Hunters $12.71
Unravel II GP
Alan Wake II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Elden Ring NG+
PalWorld GP
Payday 3 GP

Nope:

NA

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Snow day. Crysis Remastered on normal. 9 hours and change. Once you hit zero G, I kinda start to hate it. It’s still good, and the ship is worth seeing, especially looking so nice, but once you hit that mission a game that could have been an all time favorite gets ruined for me. Glad I finished it again and I’ll finish the first 6 missions on its hardest difficulty because they’re truly awesome, old school shooter good. But I won’t ever play zero G and beyond again.

Crysis 2 later this year or next maybe. Onslaught with the tanks, one of my all time favorite missions in a game. I’d forgotten FPS can be good. Core with the zero G is one of my least favorite of all time. End result: disappointing game still in 2024. At least it ran well. And the first half is amazing. I remember 2 being disappointing to me. Never played 3.

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Unicorn Overlord

Incredible game. I don’t want to spoil anything because this is legit one of the best strategy rpgs yet made. It goes like Final Fantasy Tactics, then this, and then the rest. I’m giving it a 98/100. Only marked down because of minor story complaints and wish we could have more than 10 units. But 10 units is still 50 characters on the battlefield at once, which is way more than most srpgs. There’s just so many interesting characters that you want to use even more in the battles. This is going to influence a resurgence in the srpg genre I believe. Excellent game.

A+
(46 hours, plus more available in post game)

Chants of Sennaar - A

Captain Commando - Z

Rakuen - A

Balatro - A-

Unicorn Overlord - A+

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
  • From Space (GP 10.5)
  • Boltgun (GP 13.5)
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake (Leon) (GP 12.5)

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
I'm calling Helldivers done because I hit the effective level cap. I'll definitely keep playing for a while though, maybe months. Really like that one.

I also finished CP Phantom Liberty. I think everyone else liked it more than I did. My ending was better than my original disaster, but still not great.

V lived! Johnny died! I got beat up by street thugs because I'm a weakling now!

I'm making good progress in Inscryption.

Finished:

Hotline Miami (Replay)
Halo Infinite (Replay)
Pizza Possum $7
Hotline Miami 2 $3.74
Helldivers 2 $42.39

Games to Finish in 2024:

Cult of the Lamb $15.89
Chrono Trigger $7.49
Inscryption $9.99
Ultros $19.99

Maybe:

Tacoma $0.00 Epic
AC Valhalla $15
Doomsday Hunters $12.71
Unravel II GP
Alan Wake II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Elden Ring NG+
PalWorld GP
Payday 3 GP
Dragon's Dogma 2

Nope:

NA

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
The only good CP ending is going with the Nomads. Maybe Johnny lives. The rest of the endings suck.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Nothing for weeks and then boom boom boom. This time Inscryption is down. Good game. I wish there was an endless version where you just play the card game. The ancillary stuff was entertaining but got old after a while.

Also, I'm kind of proud of myself. I almost never revisit games I bounce off of, and this year I've already finished two games like that, Inscryption and Hotline Miami 2.

Finished:

Hotline Miami (Replay)
Halo Infinite (Replay)
Pizza Possum $7
Hotline Miami 2 $3.74
Helldivers 2 $42.39
Inscryption $9.99

Games to Finish in 2024:

Cult of the Lamb $15.89
Chrono Trigger $7.49
Ultros $19.99

Maybe:

Tacoma $0.00 Epic
AC Valhalla $15
Doomsday Hunters $12.71
Unravel II GP
Alan Wake II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Elden Ring NG+
PalWorld GP
Payday 3 GP
Dragon's Dogma 2

Nope:

NA

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Mario vs. Donkey Kong

There are some satisfying puzzles. It’s nice that they added 2 more worlds to the original but one of them was annoying (ice world). The controls and hit detection seemed broken for one of the boss battles, but was able to overcome it. The cgi animations are a nice touch. I really liked the jazz soundtrack. Overall it still feels like an old puzzle game though, not enough updates to make it worth the full price. I’d say this game with worth $30 or under to puzzle fans. It was an enjoyable enough pastime but I never felt fully hooked or anything. Just played a couple levels per day until it was done. Gets more difficult towards the end of course.

C+
(~6 hours)

Chants of Sennaar - A

Captain Commando - Z

Rakuen - A

Balatro - A-

Unicorn Overlord - A+

Mario vs. Donkey Kong - C+

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
  • From Space (GP 10.5)
  • Boltgun (GP 13.5)
  • Diablo IV (GP)

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Dragons Dogma 2. All endings. Before I was ready. Now in NG+ and will do it all over again and find all I missed. I bet I’m half way done with the game. And achievements reflect that at 55%. Though I’d say more like 45%. Trophies don’t cover it all.

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Botany Manor

The perfect cozy game? Satisfying puzzles, beautiful atmosphere, delightful writing. I just wish there was more of it, I could get lost in that place for days if they let me. Super relaxing game, and pleasant music. More puzzles would be nice. Happy ending. Here’s hoping for a sequel or more content for this game.

A
(4-5 hours)

Chants of Sennaar - A

Captain Commando - Z

Rakuen - A

Balatro - A-

Unicorn Overlord - A+

Botany Manor - A

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I think the DD 2 developers wanted people to play blind, and if you do, you’re gonna miss a lot. But the achievement list actively punishes completionists who don’t look at a guide far worse than any game I’ve ever seen. It basically means you don’t need to play the game again but delete your save if you’re on a console. Or go through a huge hassle while on a time limit or you’ll fail.

So the type of person they’d like to encourage to not use guides gets unbelievably punished for doing so and you can’t even easily unfuck it on NG+.

That actively annoys me too. Now, eveyone who gave it a go and played blind will never do that again.

Basically the game asks you a riddle to find the first of one of 240 collection coins in the game. The first one you found. And without warning gives you 7 days. On NG+ it’s still the first you found when you started. You can summon a pawn with a forgery but it’s a huge pain. That’s not a riddle and that’s bullshit.

It basically guaranteed I won’t double dip on another platform because I wouldn’t want to be compelled to get the platinum. It also pushed me over the top to say get over themselves and give us save files.

My favorite game but they take their shit way too seriously. I’d play along if they didn’t deliberately punish you for doing so. Just makes you feel like a sucker.

Capcom always makes the worst god damn achievement lists though but DD 2 is the worst of all time. Too bad. A good list adds to a game and doesn’t make you angry, even if they’re challenging. That isn’t a challenge, that’s just a cheap shot.

Last edited:

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Princess Peach: Showtime

Much more enjoyable than I thought it was going to be. They really put a lot of creativity into it with all the different costumes and levels. Nothing feels repetitive much, it’s a thoroughly crafted experience. I enjoyed the detective peach levels most probably. Decent amount of post game content, it encourages you to 100% it by providing cosmetics for sale for the characters and the overall world. I won’t, but, nice to have. One complaint, it’s overall a bit too easy outside of a few boss sequences.

B
(~8 hours)

Chants of Sennaar - A

Captain Commando - Z

Rakuen - A

Balatro - A-

Unicorn Overlord - A+

Botany Manor - A

Princess Peach: Showtime - B

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Mail Time

Cozy game. I chuckled a few times at the jokes. This is a cross between A Short Hike and Frog Detective. Maybe not quite as polished with a couple bugs, but the dialogue and quests are about as charming as those. I recommend it for fans of cozy cartoony games like these, but buy it on sale for $10 or less.

B
(2-3 hours)

Chants of Sennaar - A

Captain Commando - Z

Rakuen - A

Balatro - A-

Unicorn Overlord - A+

Botany Manor - A

Mail Time - B

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Bumping Ultros and Chrono down to maybe. Adding Dragon's Dogma 2.

I couldn't bring myself to pay $70 + tax for DD2 (or any game), but I could bring myself to pay $57, which is the current price on Fanatical.

Finished:

Hotline Miami (Replay)
Halo Infinite (Replay)
Pizza Possum $7
Hotline Miami 2 $3.74
Helldivers 2 $42.39
Inscryption $9.99

Games to Finish in 2024:

Cult of the Lamb $15.89
Dragon's Dogma 2 $57

Maybe:

Tacoma $0.00 Epic
AC Valhalla $15
Doomsday Hunters $12.71
Unravel II GP
Alan Wake II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Elden Ring NG+
PalWorld GP
Payday 3 GP
Dragon's Dogma 2
Chrono Trigger $7.49
Ultros $19.99

Nope:

NA

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Tomb Raider 1&2
Dragons Dogma 2
Chaos Theory
PoP Lost Crown - like a 9.5 type of quality for that game.
Burnout Revenge - Did complete all the events. One of my favorite arcade racing games.

Still playing the remastered collection of TR and DD 2. That’s a really good year for me. I only really want to get Infinite Wealth. I’m sure there will be a few surprises. Also looking forward to Hellblade 2 next month.

I’d like to finish Mirage as it’s a good game but DD2 really killed it dead. I’ll have to relearn how to play.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
I'll keep playing it with friends, but I've done everything there is to do in Rotwood, so that's completed. It's still in early access so I'm looking forward to more levels and bosses and such.

I've discovered a broken build that makes the game quite easy, even at its highest difficulties. When I play with random lobbies, I'm doing 3-4x the amount of damage as the second-best player. I probably look like a hacker.

Someone described the game as, "Roguelite Castle Crashers with a bit of Monster Hunter elements and great art." That sounds about right.

As for a rating, I'd give it a solid B. The foundations are there and they're good. Needs more balancing and content. But for $10 and 13+ hours of gameplay, I've gotten my money's worth.

Completed:
  • WWF SuperStars (Arcade)
  • Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)
  • WWF WrestleFest (Arcade)
  • Halo Infinite (Xbox Series X) (Replay)
  • Pizza Possum (Xbox Series X)
  • Dead Space Remake (PC Game Pass)
  • Helldivers 2 (PC)
  • Rotwood (PC)

rastaban75

A Dimple in Draco
Jul 23, 2012
Ioannina, Greece
Haven't updated this in a while (not that I have been very effective)

Completed:
Dark Envoy
Last Epoch
Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader
Baldur's Gate 3 playthrough #5 (multi-classed into everything good Dark Urge)
Brotato

In progress:
Foretales
Age of Wonders 4 (kinda, it's often on rotation and never really completed)

Interested in playing:
Hades II
Archaelund
Sovereign Syndicate
The Thaumaturge
Songs of Silence
Avowed
New Arc Line
Hell Galaxy
The Bloodline
Astrea: Six-sided Oracles
The Last Spell
Ghost of Tsushima director's cut
[Not entirely sure for most of those]

Fetts_Vette

Radioactive Lizard
May 17, 2012
Monster Island
It's telling as to how much of a filthy casual I've become that I didn't even make a list this year.

That being said, maybe I'll complete Hellblade 2 this year since it's on GP, and maybe I'll actually beat Darkest Dungeon on the PS4 finally?

Maybe BG3 on PS5...but I kind of burned out watching my wife play it so much that I'm having difficulty motivating myself to finish my playthrough.

My daughter has a pretty extensive list of games she's beaten this year already. How old do you have to be to get an account on IGN? [face_thinking]

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Fire Emblem: Engage

Really good. This was sort of the Avengers Infinity War of the Fire Emblem universe, all worlds come together to defeat a cosmic evil snake dragon. Sure it’s derivative, but it’s fun. I still like Awakening the best of the series, but I liked this a bit more than Three Houses. Hope they keep the series going in this direction on the switch 2. Specifically the story was the high point. I’d like a revamped battle system going forward, the old team 1 moves then team 2 moves is getting a bit dated. They should also add elevation effects to the terrain. In the end jrpgs are all about the story and characters and these were definitely enjoyable. The characters could have used a bit more development in places tbf, there were just a few too many characters to develop them all.

B+
(~31 hours)

Chants of Sennaar - A

Captain Commando - Z

Rakuen - A

Balatro - A-

Unicorn Overlord - A+

Botany Manor - A

Mail Time - B

Fire Emblem: Engage - B+

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Duck Detective

It’s cute, it’s fun, it’s got duck jokes (and other animals) and it’s got reasonable puzzles to solve. I loved it except that it is way too short. I’ll be looking forward to the next game in this series or made by this creator. It’s very similar to Paper Mario meets Disco Elysium. I’m giving it a B because of how short it is, but it’d easily be an A- if it had more cases to solve. Buy it on sale for $5 or so.

B
(2 hours)

Chants of Sennaar - A

Captain Commando - Z

Rakuen - A

Balatro - A-

Unicorn Overlord - A+

Botany Manor - A

Mail Time - B

Duck Detective - B

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Simply one of the best Nintendo rpgs ever made, there’s not much else to write about it for a recommendation, just play it and enjoy like Mario RPG. As far as the remake, the greatest addition is probably the remade soundtrack, full symphony and electric guitars, drums etc. it goes hard at all times even in town. And the post game. Just getting started on that, many new secrets to explore.

A+
(~32 hours)

Chants of Sennaar - A

Captain Commando - Z

Rakuen - A

Balatro - A-

Unicorn Overlord - A+

Botany Manor - A

Mail Time - B

Duck Detective - B

Paper Mario: TTYD - A+

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley

Relatively short, but sweet! At 4 hours it’s a bit longer than some of the 2 or 3 hour games of its ilk, at least. It’s just fun destroying stuff and messing with police officers. Restoring nature. Game had me thinking about it inbetween play sessions, and I’m curious what the books are like. Enjoyable story. Decently chill tunes. This is an above average puzzle/story game for sure. I’d say it’s in the $15 range worth of value. I’d buy the next game if they made a sequel to this.

B+
(~4 hours)

Chants of Sennaar - A

Captain Commando - Z

Rakuen - A

Balatro - A-

Unicorn Overlord - A+

Botany Manor - A

Mail Time - B

Duck Detective - B

Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley - B+

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Beat 2 more short games over the past few days.

Flutter Away

The controls are far too quirky for a game this simple and short. It’s cute. Very beautiful depiction of the Amazon rainforest but we’re somehow confined to a house sized area of it. Can’t explore very far from spawn at all. I did like the journal system and the photography mechanics (which they pulled from Pokémon Snap). Sigh all in all I felt they could have done a lot more with this. Basic photography puzzle game.

C+
(~1 hour)

Cocoon

The strange and satisfying puzzle platformer from the maker of Limbo. This has some of the most stunning graphic design I’ve ever seen in a puzzle game. It gives the same sense of wonder as Portal when discovering how worlds within worlds work together. It’s part Inception, part Portal, part 80’s alien sci-fi. I’ve gotta give this one a good score. Wish it was a bit longer (no final boss?). This game exceeded my expectations though. Recommended for anyone at about $15. Especially for anyone who likes these sort of brainy sci-fi puzzle games like Portal or Superliminal.

A
(~4 hours)

Chants of Sennaar - A

Captain Commando - Z

Rakuen - A

Balatro - A-

Unicorn Overlord - A+

Botany Manor - A

Mail Time - B

Duck Detective - B

Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley - B+

Flutter Away - C+

Cocoon - A

rastaban75

A Dimple in Draco
Jul 23, 2012
Ioannina, Greece
Completed:
Dark Envoy
Last Epoch
Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader
Baldur's Gate 3 playthrough #5 (multi-classed into everything good Dark Urge)
Brotato
Sovereign Syndicate
Skald: Against the Black Priory

Interested in playing:
Hades II
Archaelund
The Thaumaturge
Songs of Silence
Avowed
New Arc Line
Hell Galaxy
The Bloodline
Astrea: Six-sided Oracles
The Last Spell
Ghost of Tsushima director's cut
Octopath Traveller 2
Selaco
Rotwood
SpaceBourne 2

docSpock

Super User
May 17, 2012
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Let’s see where I’m at…

Finished
Forza Horizon 5 Retrowave

Games I’d like to finish:
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
Hellblade 2: Senua's Saga
Marvel's Midnight Suns
Avowed
Maybe but probably not…
Alan Wake 2

Nope
Flintlock
Baldur’s Gate 3
Greedfall

Is this game ever coming out?
The Wolf Among Us 2
Replaced
STALKER 2
Greedfall 2

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
First completion in months - Dragon's Dogma 2.

Finished:

Hotline Miami (Replay)
Halo Infinite (Replay)
Pizza Possum $7
Hotline Miami 2 $3.74
Helldivers 2 $42.39
Inscryption $9.99
Dragon's Dogma 2 $57

Games to Finish in 2024:

Cult of the Lamb $15.89

Maybe:

Octopath Traveler II GP
Midnight Suns (Epic)
Tacoma $0.00 Epic
AC Valhalla $15
Doomsday Hunters $12.71
Unravel II GP
Alan Wake II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Elden Ring NG+
PalWorld GP
Payday 3 GP
Dragon's Dogma 2
Chrono Trigger $7.49
Ultros $19.99

Nope:

NA

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
  • From Space (GP 10.5)
  • Boltgun (GP 13.5)
  • Diablo IV (GP)
  • Hogwart's Legacy