east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
So far, I am fairly positive my first one will be Rogue Trader. It has been really good so far and I suspect I will finish it

What about everyone else? What have you finished/plan to finish in 2024?

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
I'm gonna sort my backlog into some sort of priority here. Going by my habits over the past few years, I know that realistically I'll play 250-500 hours in 2024. Part of that will be in World of Warcraft with my wife.

I'll put the games I care most about finishing towards the top.

Most Excited For:
Super Mario Wonder (Switch)
Disney Illusion Island (Switch)
Resident Evil 2 Remake (Xbox Series X)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES)
Horizon: Forbidden West (PS5)
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-Shot Adventure (Xbox Series X)
Spider-Man 2 DLC (PS5)
Escape Academy DLC (Xbox Series X)

Maybe, If I Get Around To Them:
Star Wars Outlaws (PS5)
Diablo IV (Xbox Series X)
Gotham Knights (Xbox Series X)
Hellblade II (Xbox Series X)
Tools Up! Ultimate Edition (Xbox Series X)
Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)
Zelda Tears of Kingdom (Switch)
Resident Evil 3 Remake (Xbox Series X)
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Xbox Series X)
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (Xbox Series X)
Wild Card Football (PC)
Stellar Blade (PS5)
Metal Gear Solid V (Xbox Series X)

There are also a few indie co-op games I downloaded from game pass that I don't remember the names of.

rastaban75

A Dimple in Draco
Jul 23, 2012
Ioannina, Greece
In no particular order, games I'm interested in playing:

Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader
Dark Envoy
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Darkest Dungeon II
The Bloodline
Foretales
Breach Wanderers
Aetheris
Songs of Silence
Hades II
Last Epoch (full release)
Inkulinati
Steamworld Build

Interested in replaying/continuing:

Age of Wonders 4
Baldur's Gate 3
Dave the Diver (the Dredge DLC)
Halls of Torment

IgglooV2

Star
Nov 10, 2013
I got Control for free on Epic many months ago and forgot all about it. I remembered it existed when reading about Alan Wake 2 by the same developer, since the game of the year mentions say that Control represented a big step up for this developer and Alan Wake continues that.

I am installing it and may check this out this week, since I am set to be off work, and it should be a good game to test my PC's ray tracing abilities.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Alan Wake 2 NG+
AC 6
DMC 6 Special Edition
FF-13 and 13-2
RE 4 Remake
Like a Dragon Infinite wealth

All stuff I want to finish this year.

Oh yeah, eventually BG 3. Sort of bounced off it in chapter 2.

robnyc24

Prime Member
Jun 3, 2010
First Time Playthroughs Hoping to Complete in 2024
  • Half-Life: Alyx
  • Disco Elysium
  • Control + The Foundation and AWE (Ultimate Edition)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
  • Alien: Isolation (I plan to play it for the first time on the 45th anniversary of the 1979 film after watching it)
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (dusting off my PS3, once I finish this I will have completed the Solid Snake saga and all the numbered games)
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
  • Little Gator Game
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
  • Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods
  • SOMA
  • Until Dawn
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - Got this dirt cheap on GOG recently. It's a game that's intrigued me for quite, the low price had me take the plunge.
  • Resident Evil Village: Shadows of Rose
Because I'm a sucker for anniversaries and I get enjoyment out of celebrating game or movie I loved by experiencing it on a milestone anniversary (10th, 20th, 25th, 30th). So I'm including those in my 2024 plays too as a separate list.

Anniversary Replays of Favorite Games:
  • Pikmin 2 - via HD Switch version in April for it's 20th anniversary.
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order - gonna replay this in May for it's 10th anniversary before I dive into The New Colossus for the first time.
  • A Short Hike - In July for it's 5th anniversary. I normally don't do 5th anniversaries, but a Short Hike is easy to replay over an afternoon, and it's a game I'm always happy to re-experience, especially in July 'cause it's the perfect summer game.
  • Doom Eternal in October (before playing The Ancient Gods for the first time) for the 30th anniversary of Doom II's release.
  • Half-Life 2 on November 16th for it's 20th anniversary.

Last edited:

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
During our vacation travels I tried out some old arcade games on my emulation handheld.

I also started on my playthrough of Metroid: Zero Mission for GBA. I don't really love the Metroid games like most people do, but I enjoy them in short doses. Zero Mission is one of the shortest Metroid games, I believe, so that's a good one for me to try completing.

Completed:
  • WWF SuperStars (Arcade)

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
My 1st completion of the year:

Beasts of Maravilla Island

This game is beautiful. Not because of high poly count or ray tracing, but because of the lush jungle environments the devs carefully created. It’s not a particularly difficult game. This is a nature photography/walking simulator/puzzle game that I think a few of our members (clam/rasta/gap?) would enjoy. It’s focused on just exploring nature and gathering photos of as many different kinds of species and animal behaviors as you can. The only fault I have with it is occasionally it is unclear how to progress to the next zone. This eventually becomes clear by just experimenting - going down each path and interacting with various objects. It turns out the puzzles are fairly simple but the jungle being so lush makes it unclear which objects are important to the puzzle at times. If you’re familiar with Pokémon Snap it’s a very similar game, with free roaming. Short (3 hours) and I enjoyed my time with it.

B

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
Alright, I finally completed a Metroid game for the first time!

MINOR GAME SPOILERS BELOW

The second half of the game was more fun for me than the first half. Once we started unlocking more powers, and especially once I had all of them, the movement and fighting was satisfying.

I can see why people love the game, but I’m not a big fan. It was enjoyable enough for one playthrough, which took me 3 hours and 55 minutes.

Completed:
  • Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Alright, I finally completed a Metroid game for the first time!

MINOR GAME SPOILERS BELOW

The second half of the game was more fun for me than the first half. Once we started unlocking more powers, and especially once I had all of them, the movement and fighting was satisfying.

I can see why people love the game, but I’m not a big fan. It was enjoyable enough for one playthrough, which took me 3 hours and 55 minutes.

Completed:
Troopa on pace to finish 146 games in '24.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I still really enjoy Avatar after 60 hours. I’m probably 3/4 through the main story and about 50% over all.

- Its mission design with the RDA is where it ultimately is weakest. Cookie cutter facilities with sort of meh stealth mechanics. Once you learn the ropes stealth does work but the main missions leave a lot to be desired.
- Characters and voice acting? I hate to say woke but this shit was filtered through a team of PR dildos, not writers. There was an opportunity here and listening to any dialog may as well be from any Ubi game.

Despite that, it could still be my game of 2023. The rest of its such a joy, from basic traversal to actual shooting game-play. The world design is awesome and visuals are mesmerizing.

Buy at your own risk but it’s good stuff is so good, it almost deletes that bad. And we are talking jaw dropping visuals. Both thematically and technically. There are times when it is precisely what I imagined this generation would be.

Sian54

Mwah!
Jul 5, 2007
Well so far this year I just finished GTA5 (long time coming) and almost done Sea Of Stars. My definite but incomplete list of planned games are:

• Resident Evil 4 Remake
• Cyberpunk 2077
• God Of War Ragnarok
• Last Of Us Part 1
• Star Wars Jedi Survivor
• Final Fantasy 16
• Alan Wake 2
• Baldur's Gate 3
• Mortal Kombat 12
• Lies Of P
• Spider-Man 2
• A Plague Tale: Requiem
• Tekken 8
• Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Also possibly Silent Hill 2 and Star Wars Outlaws depending on when they release. If very late in the year probably not.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Odin Sphere Leiftrasir. It’s such a good game and I have already started over. One of the most unique games I’ve ever played. Especially that’s still a full blown video game. It’s not some indie story book with little to no mechanics.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Let's go 2024!

I've had the final season of Walking Dead on my list for like 3 years. Need to get on that at some point.

Finished:

NA

Games to Finish in 2024:

Walking Dead Season 4 $17.18
Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty $25.49
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (Replay)
Halo Infinite (Replay)

Maybe:

Tacoma $0.00 Epic
AC Valhalla $15
Cities: Skylines II GP
Doomsday Hunters $12.71
Unravel II GP
Alan Wake II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Super Mario Bros. Wonder $58.29

Nope:

NA

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Second game complete!

Chants of Sennaar

This game is really something special for puzzle fans! Besides the clever and enjoyable language translation game, there’s beautiful Escher inspired graphics and pleasant symphonic ambient music. And an overarching storyline you may not realize was there until the final stage when it all comes together. The ending is pretty wild like the end of the Matrix trilogy or portal games. Game doesn’t overstay it’s welcome, I left wanting more! Only had to look up solutions for about 3 puzzles. Most of them felt really fair, and given enough time you can figure them out. This is inspired work that does more than expected.

A

How did 2023 have so many good games? A golden year. Hope this one isn’t overlooked because of the quantity.

100% of glyphs translated and 9 hour playtime.

Last edited:

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
After hearing more about it from DevD and DeadL, I'm gonna add Dead Space Remake to my "get around to it" list. If I like it, then I'll do Dead Space 2 too.

I finished another WWF arcade game the other night, and currently going through a co-op campaign of Halo Infinite with DD and DL.

Completed:
  • WWF WrestleFest (Arcade)

dangle79

Noob
Jan 9, 2024
The Witcher.
My wife (still gf at the time) bought it for me when it came out. Probably reinstalled it three or four times since and still haven't finished it. Maybe this year lol [face_rofl]

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
The Witcher.
My wife (still gf at the time) bought it for me when it came out. Probably reinstalled it three or four times since and still haven't finished it. Maybe this year lol [face_rofl]
I gave up after my last attempt. That was attempt number 4. Great game, I just missed it.

dangle79

Noob
Jan 9, 2024
Also wanna finish CoH2 and the Mafia trilogy. I played the OG back when it came out and still one of my favorite games ever. Bought the remaster and both sequels in some ridiculous sale. If I focuses on just those three it'd probably take me the next 11.5 months.

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Third game:

Detective Pikachu Returns

Hey I gave up on this twice so I don’t blame the negative reviewers. But this is a game that truly gets better as time goes on. Each chapter is better than the last to the point that the last chapter is downright cinematic like something out of a Hollywood movie. It’s a lot of fun playing thru chapters 4 and 5. This game is kind of hard to rate because I did not enjoy the prologue or chapter 1. Chapter 2 was meh but ok. Then it just takes off. I’d give the beginning a D, the middle a C and the end a B+/A-. So I guess altogether let’s go with

B-

(10 hours playtime)

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Fourth game:

Captain Commando

Beat this one coop with my son. It’s part of the Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle which has a bunch of old arcade games from the 80’s and 90’s. Pretty fun. A lot of random stuff inspired from different games like ninja turtles hover boards, aliens from Aliens, Metroid inspired backgrounds. The controls are really basic and button mashy though. I asked my kid what grade he would give it and he said “Z, it doesn’t deserve a grade that makes sense”

Z

(1-2 hours playtime)

Beasts of Maravilla Island - B
Chants of Sennaar - A
Detective Pikachu Returns - B-
Captain Commando - Z

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Finally finished one. XCOM replay is done.

Finished:

Games to Finish in 2024:

Halo Infinite (Replay)

Maybe:

Tacoma $0.00 Epic
AC Valhalla $15
Doomsday Hunters $12.71
Unravel II GP
Alan Wake II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Nope:

NA

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I’ve never played Bully. Always planned on it, never have. It’s 9$ on Xbox. I think I’ll add that. Last chance to buy it easily maybe.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Where else can you still buy it after the Xbox store closes, besides looking for a physical?

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Chants of Sennaar - A
Captain Commando - Z
Another Code Recollection - A

Finished Another Code: Recollection

Both games. Once the 2nd game gets going it might be even better than the first. These could totally be a pair of Hollywood films even without the puzzles. The stories by themselves are that good. Recovering lost emotional memories and uncovering motivations. There’s just something so human about it. And the memories you find in these tell a compelling story. There’s a strong climax and all the deception and truth is revealed right at the end. This is maybe not the best detective game I ever played, but it’s right up there in the top 3.

A

(12 hours playtime)

HotDoommaN

No Longer a Noob
Sep 14, 2004
Canada
At this point I cannot even list the games I need to finish because I don't remember all of them. Every year I say I will finish more and more games but I end up starting another. So I told myself that I will need to finish all the games that I'm currently playing before I move on to new ones.
I blame WoW honestly.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Got through Hotline Miami in two days over 3 or 4 play sessions. I didn't remember the game being so short. I really loved it though.

I want to play HL2, but it won't launch on the Deck. So instead I bought BlazBlue Entropy Effect, a roguelite action platformer based on some fighting franchise, but there's almost no story, so the underlying franchise is irrelevant. So far it's pretty fun.

Finished:

Hotline Miami (Replay)

Games to Finish in 2024:

Halo Infinite (Replay)
BlazBlue Entropy Effect $17.15

Maybe:

Tacoma $0.00 Epic
AC Valhalla $15
Doomsday Hunters $12.71
Unravel II GP
Alan Wake II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Super Mario Bros. Wonder $58.29f
Eldon Ring NG+

Nope:

NA

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Just squeezed in one more replay completion before the end of the month: Halo Infinite co-op with Troopa and DL.

Finished:

Hotline Miami (Replay)
Halo Infinite (Replay)

Games to Finish in 2024:

Maybe:

Tacoma $0.00 Epic
AC Valhalla $15
Doomsday Hunters $12.71
Unravel II GP
Alan Wake II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Eldon Ring NG+

Nope:

NA

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
Good times! Halo Infinite's gameplay is so smooth. Love that grappling hook.

Not sure what I'll try to complete next. Most of my gaming lately has been multiplayer with friends playing The Finals, Halo Infinite and Lethal Company.

I've got a Resident Evil 2 campaign in progress, but I don't feel very keen on it at the moment. I gotta get back to it at some point.

I might try Hotline Miami or Dead Space Remake soon.

Oh! My wife and I are close to beating Pizza Possum, so that might be the next one. Really fun co-op game for $6.99, easy to learn. @DevilDancer @DeadLazy Good one to try with the wife/kid/girlfriend.

Completed:
  • Halo Infinite (Xbox Series X) (Replay)

robnyc24

Prime Member
Jun 3, 2010
Completed Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots last night. Played it over the course of about 10 days.

A couple weeks ago after finishing Alice: Madness returns, I remarked that it was a game that is very much a product of it's time......perhaps I should have held back before playing MGS4....because, whoa boy - if there is any game I've played that was a product of it's time and a time-capsule of it's specific year and era, it's that one.....for better or worse: From the "piss filter" color-grading complete with middle-eastern war setting, over-the-top characters and circumstances, women baring their chests at almost every turn, to the voice acting and character behaviors, to the on-a-rail shooting sections.....even a part where Otacon boosts about the marvel of PS3 and Bluray disc - it is without question a late 2000's game.

I can see why people love this game so much....but at the same time, it wasn't really for me. Even coming in knowing about the almost 9 hours of cut-scenes, including the over hour long epilogue one, I found myself getting very impatient moving from a smattering of gameplay into a lenghty cutscene over and over. I can also understand that it seems pointless to complain about a game 15 years after the fact where games have evolved, when it was probably a technical marvel for it's time, or where any critique now is really late to a party that has long ended.

Though on the whole, it wasn't really my kind of game, I am glad I got to see the end of Solid Snake's story, having loved MGS1 and really liked MGS2, and I can respect what this game did for it's time. That said, after completing all the numbered MGS games (MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4) and Solid Snakes story, I don't anticipate playing another Hideo Kojima game - I know he's considered a legend and genius amongst the gaming community, but aside from MGS1 and in a way MGS2, his output just isn't my thing.

Last edited:

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
I'm rolling now. Bought and played through PIzza Possum tonight with the wife on Troopa's recommendation.

Finished:

Hotline Miami (Replay)
Halo Infinite (Replay)
Pizza Possum $7

Games to Finish in 2024:

Maybe:

Tacoma $0.00 Epic
AC Valhalla $15
Doomsday Hunters $12.71
Unravel II GP
Alan Wake II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Eldon Ring NG+

Nope:

NA

gsilver

Star
Sep 6, 2000
If the rest of the year plays out like January, then it's going to be a whole bunch of 5-ish hour games.

//Currently revisiting Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath: Vengance of the Slayer

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
We finished Pizza Possum today. Got three crowns, which is accomplished by beating the level three times in a row without dying. Credits rolled. I was hoping there'd be more than one level, but that's all they've got for now.

Completed:
  • Pizza Possum (Xbox Series X)

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
This is turning out to be the year of the adventure game for me.

When the past was around

This game kind of annoyed me. Wanted to quit after chapter 2 or 3 but then looked it up on steam and it said Overwhelmingly Positive so I stuck with it. It doesn’t really get better. It’s not really a detective game, it’s more like a hidden object/ escape room game. It’s really fiddly you just click on everything until you find a key. Use that to open a box. Read the note in the box to get the combination. Use the combination to open a combination lock. Use the key from that to open a briefcase and so on. There’s no spoken dialogue at all, no real story to speak of. Many times you just have to click floating notes like a dozen times for no real reason. Apparently you can’t hear the notes without clicking on each individual one. Another one you have to slowly set like 5 clocks where the hands move 5 minutes at a time. Unskippable cutscenes. Can’t save mid-level. I should have done my research instead of trusting Steam reviews. Very few frames of animation. At least it was on sale and short.

C- blah
(~2 hours playtime)

Milkmaid of the Milky Way

This is cute and fun. Had to look up a couple things, but what would a quirky adventure game be without a few obtuse puzzles. Nice throwbacks to the adventure games of old, story doesn’t get boring ever. Rhyming dialogues. I do have a couple issues with the ending. This is worth it on sale for adventure game fans, when under $5.

B
(~2 hours playtime)

Rakuen

The music and graphics really give Chrono trigger vibes, but the story goes in a whole different, new direction. Very well designed adventure game that is emotional without being overly cheesy or dramatic, just subtle. A boy stuck in a hospital solves puzzles for friends he makes and discovers some secrets about why they are in the hospital. But that’s just chapter 1. Then things get really weird and it becomes a high fantasy story as he steps into a world from a book his mom was reading him. It’s really like Earthbound level weird beyond that point, but with feels. This game is the adventure game equivalent of a quality snes rpg. There’s no battles but most everything else is here. Once the story really gets going, you’re traveling between the hospital and the fantasy world to learn more about key events in the hospital patients lives, what drives them to be who they are. For example sad events in a grumpy old man’s past, or unfinished business in a “crazy” man’s head. Discovering their motives goes straight to your heart, while still managing to stay light and fun when exploring the world. Rarely do I find myself reading every little scrap of notes in a game but I was with this one. Great story. It’s quite the sprawling and ambitious world for an adventure game. If any minor complaints it would be the lack of options in the options menu. The ending is crushingly emotional, you can’t help but feel it. Wow.

A
(~8 hours playtime)

Chants of Sennaar - A

Captain Commando - Z

When the Past was Around - C-

Milkmaid of the Milky Way - B

Rakuen - A

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Final Fantasy: Pixel Remaster

Questionable level design. Obscure quest objectives. Very basic combat and no level up customization. Yep this is an early jrpg. That said I liked a few things about it. The symphonic music in the pixel remaster is pretty nice. Everything loads quickly and is snappy. It doesn’t overstay it’s welcome as a nostalgia hit. I honestly kind of liked Dragon Quest more than this though. The added complexity of classes and 4 characters didn’t really add much to the experience. It drags and gets grindy towards the end. And then the whole plot twist was really random and tacked on. Oh well, I can appreciate the series it spawned from 3 onwards. This was really ambitious for the time. The boost features were nice to have. As usual I will be rating this from a current standpoint and not from a “for its time” standpoint.

C+
(~6 hours playtime)

Chants of Sennaar - A

Captain Commando - Z

When the Past was Around - C-

Milkmaid of the Milky Way - B

Rakuen - A

Final Fantasy: Pixel Remaster - C+

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Got a couple of clears in BlazBlue. I think I'm done? There doesn't seem to be a meta game that requires multiple clears like Hades, so I'm crossing it off.

It's a fun game. Think Dead Cells with better combat, but maybe not the same depth of atmosphere.

Finished:

Hotline Miami (Replay)
Halo Infinite (Replay)
Pizza Possum $7

Games to Finish in 2024:

Maybe:

Tacoma $0.00 Epic
AC Valhalla $15
Doomsday Hunters $12.71
Unravel II GP
Alan Wake II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Elden Ring NG+

Nope:

NA

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Now I'm really glad I went back to Hotline Miami 2. Turns out the back 1/3, which I didn't play on my first attempt, is the best part of the game, so I enjoyed it a lot more this time around. The music and action both get a lot better.

Finished:

Hotline Miami (Replay)
Halo Infinite (Replay)
Pizza Possum $7
Hotline Miami 2 $3.74

Games to Finish in 2024:

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade $37.09

Maybe:

Tacoma $0.00 Epic
AC Valhalla $15
Doomsday Hunters $12.71
Unravel II GP
Alan Wake II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Elden Ring NG+

Nope:

NA

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
Just finished Dead Space Remake. I really liked it, though I also felt it was perhaps 2-3 hours too long. I'm rarely a fan of backtracking, and this was no exception. I've heard the sequel is more linear, which I'll probably prefer.

Completed:
  • Dead Space Remake (PC Game Pass)

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Just finished Dead Space Remake. I really liked it, though I also felt it was perhaps 2-3 hours too long. I'm rarely a fan of backtracking, and this was no exception. I've heard the sequel is more linear, which I'll probably prefer.

Completed:
  • Dead Space Remake (PC Game Pass)
How can you call that backtracking though? Click on down on stick, go that way. I didn’t even think on it, you’re never ever lost. Unlike say… TR.

But you’re like “I know this hallway. Hey, we’re back tracking!”? And I’d say it’s like calling a Zelda or Metroidvenia full of back tracking …. Well yeah. If you want to be cynical about it.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
I really like backtracking if it lets you become familiar with a space and there's variety to the gameplay. It's one of the things I love about the System Shock games. You really get to know Citadel Station and the Von Braun. By the end you don't need a map at all, and you can use the environment to your advantage because you know it so well. And the random encounters keep things interesting.

That was my biggest disappointment with BioShock. It was too linear for me. I wanted to really explore Rapture, but instead I got a set of corridors interrupted by battle arenas with no real player choice or exploration.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Dead Space with that really direct navigation is really nice. You can stop your game half way in, not play for 6 months, and jump right back in and away you go.