Status
Not open for further replies.

efwiz

Noob
Aug 23, 2007
"...pointless filler episodes..."? Is there a such thing as a Family Guy filler episode? Does Family Guy even move forward in time?

May 14, 2008
I'm guessing the missing .4 points was because there was no Stewie and Brian dancing and singing as they always do on there "Road To..." episodes.

May 14, 2008
soooo basically in this episode theyve taken the 20 minutes of manatee jokes and just made them "alternate universes" to make them seem relevant? yea no thanks, ill stick with simpsons and pre-cancellation family guy
Posted by: Lippy17 on September 25, 2009 07:57 PDT

Alright you do that, watch your out-of-date family guy episodes and we'll be watching the new ones. No need to be complaining on the internet. Problem solved.

Me_rock

Noob
Jan 30, 2006
Favorite episode in a long time. It was the Disney Peter that made me love it. That whole part was just amazing, but the way they made Peter just seemed how Disney would draw him.

TheUberJoo

Noob
Aug 7, 2007
Best episode they've had in years, especially since last season was such a bomb.
That John Hinkley reference was the funniest thing I've seen on this show in a while.

Aidlan

Noob
May 30, 2007
The Disney part was hilarious, but the Robot Chicken reference was also classic, and a nice tie in for Seth Green.

Cloud182x

Noob
May 9, 2008
Wow a Brian and Stewie episode....yeah really really fresh. I'm surprised the writers of IGN could stop blowing Seth M. long enough to right a review. I'll sum up the whole of IGN in one take. "Megan Fox Good!!....even though she's not that pretty and very untalented. Family Guy Good!!!...and will continue to get almost 10's every week even though they bring the same stupid rehashed manatee s**t to the table every week. And finally 360 good!!!!...and will always score higher then their identical PS3 counter parts." There you go.

Dec 15, 2008
"Wow a Brian and Stewie episode....yeah really really fresh. I'm surprised the writers of IGN could stop blowing Seth M. long enough to right a review. I'll sum up the whole of IGN in one take. "Megan Fox Good!!....even though she's not that pretty and very untalented. Family Guy Good!!!...and will continue to get almost 10's every week even though they bring the same stupid rehashed manatee s**t to the table every week. And finally 360 good!!!!...and will always score higher then their identical PS3 counter parts." There you go."
Did you watch it orrrr....?

Rensch

Noob
Oct 17, 2008
I loved this one, particularly the Disney part was one of the funniest, if not THE funniest moment in the series.

Aug 5, 2009
i agree with buddydrinkome entirely, all ign can talk about half the time is megan fox, xbox, and Seth M. and tend to bash what is actually good *cough GL First Flight cough*

Jul 14, 2009
dont come on here and bash what ign does. if u hate it so much stop using the site.

anyway, this was a great family guy id say the best one since the 420 episode.

Cloud182x

Noob
May 9, 2008
Yes buddy I actually watched it and laughed alot more at the American Dad that followed it. I bet next week FG will use Brian to push a super liberal point that Seth wants to get across! How super new and exciting! And butcher_pete420 I still come here but it's just getting so hard to take anything they write seriously...kind of like taking anything a guy with 420 in his handle seriously....

Cloud182x

Noob
May 9, 2008
Yes buddy I actually watched it and laughed alot more at the American Dad that followed it. I bet next week FG will use Brian to push a super liberal point that Seth wants to get across! How super new and exciting! And butcher_pete420 I still come here but it's just getting so hard to take anything they write seriously...kind of like taking anything a guy with 420 in his handle seriously....

Playcircus

Noob
Aug 12, 2006
Family Guy is becoming more unwatchable.

The Disney parody was obviously an answer to some of the other animators criticizing the quality of Family Guy's animation. Copying Disney for five minutes is impressive, but unless they do it all season it's not going to convince anyone.

It's also obvious that Seth MacFarlane writes himself as Brian. It comes off as very pretentious.

South Park was dead on - as usual - in their criticism of Family Guy.

Sep 20, 2005
This episode makes up for at least the infamous OJ Simpson episode last season. It will remain on my DVR forever. One of FG's finest moments!

Dec 23, 2008
seriously? I couldn't even bother making it to the end of the episode. It was so boring and repetitive and the disney part was simply annoying and a complete waste of time

gmcube

Super Star
Dec 6, 2001
Delaware
This episode was worth it for the Disney sequence alone. They actually got Disney vets to animate it. wish we could see that quality more often.

Sourjash

Noob
Jun 30, 2006
First FG episode in a while to make me laugh out loud consistently, awesome

And is it me, or did they tone down the conservative hate a bit? I mean, I'm as liberal as anybody you'll know, but I was getting a little annoyed at the preachiness...

Revrant

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 15, 2002
Really? Because the rest of us are sick of Fox News.

So preach away, FG.

Also, Walt Disney specifically, not the company, but it was still hilarious.

Aug 5, 2009
excellent episode, loved the adam west being 95% helium bit, though i have a problem with how they changed stewie the last few years. Like when the show first came out he was hell bent on killing lois and now we're questioning whether he's gay or not, other things have changed in the series like this which is probably why the episodes went downhill.

Nov 24, 2008
One of the top 10 Family Guy episodes of all time...period. I was blown away. That's all there is to it. Anyone who enjoys laughter at all should watch this episode.

One of the biggest surprises to me was how well-done the "Disney" dimension was animated. They went all-out on this episode and it is great entertainment from beginning to end.

Covenant_assassinO1

The Infragable Krunk
May 9, 2003
tastycles said:
Vladimir_Tootin:
He's an idiot who thinks he's smart. The dark ages would have come no matter what and if it weren't for Christianity there would be no Renaissance. But he sees feudalism and Galileo's discovery first so he thinks that organized religion is evil. What points out that he's even stupider is that he thinks that the Japanese could have won the war if we didn't bomb them. The only thing that would have happened was us losing more men fighting there.
SatanicCarrot said:
I know that when I watch an animated television program about fat people farting, I need the history to be 100% accurate or it completely takes me out of the moment.

This.

One of the best episodes in recent memory. Not only did I find it consistently funny, but the general concept was handled extremely well. The Disney part specifically was impressive in that it felt authentic to both the Disney and Family guy universe equally.

J

jrau18

Original poster
I'm sorry, yes this was funny, but it wasn't THAT funny. I'd have given it a seven. If I was in a good mood.

samer670

Noob
May 8, 2009
So no one wants to talk about how this was a rip off of the Simpson's Tree house of Horror episode where Homer turn the toaster into a time machine and keeps changing the course of time? This was a great episode but c'monn! God I miss when The Simpson's was great...

Kap4334

No Longer a Noob
Jul 27, 2005
God, Seth Mc. just loves to rip on Seth Green for Robot Chicken, doesnt he?

Aside from the Disney universe, my favorite universe was the "everyone has to poop right now" Universe.

RockMSockMNY

Prime Member
Mar 21, 2003
@samer670

No we don't, because that was completely different, thus, you're wrong. I suppose every tv show or film that entails traveling through different dimensions that came after 1990 needs to credit the Simpsons? They did that type of thing first, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.