Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://tv.ign.com/articles/102/1028459p1.html]Family Guy: "Road to the Multiverse" Review[/link]
by Ahsan Haque

Summary:
The "Road to..." episodes of Family Guy have always been special events and the latest season premiere is no exception, and is certainly the most ambitious adventure yet, as Stewie discovers how to travel to parallel universes and takes Brian along for the ride.
[link=http://tv.ign.com/articles/102/1028459p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Lippy17

Noob
Jun 4, 2006
soooo basically in this episode theyve taken the 20 minutes of manatee jokes and just made them "alternate universes" to make them seem relevant? yea no thanks, ill stick with simpsons and pre-cancellation family guy

May 5, 2009
This is going to be so awesome. Family Guy is my all time favorite show, and I can't wait for the new season.

cvpooler

Noob
Oct 24, 2008
Okay, I know I've said I'm gonna stop watching Family Guy, but I love the alternate-universe/what-if ideas in cartoons, so I have to see this episode, but only this episode!

May 4, 2009
PVR??? Anyway, I thought I'd never see a post '05 ep get a 9.6. I saved some aged wine just for when ign would do that.

Greed1914

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 5, 2007
I'm pretty psyched about this. I'm not surprised that they kicked this season of with a Road To episode since those are among the strongest. I'll continue tuning in every time as I always do since I love this show so much, and I hope this helps get some of the naysayers to realize that the new shows are funny too. If nothing else, I'd have thought that the many years since the show first started and the growing fanbase would show them that this series has moved forward.

chronodestroyer

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 22, 2000
Family Guy's really taken a hard turn for the worse in the past couple years, but this episode sounds real cool. I'll watch!

Maxor127

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 9, 2004
The episode sounds cool, but the fact that the reviewer thought the Germany one was excellent and funny makes me wary of trusting his judgment.

nickote316

Noob
Apr 9, 2009
The Germany one was hilarious. You just need the knowledge to understand the humor. Just like king of the hill. Im gunna miss that show

Aug 11, 2005
"Stunning animation"

Alright, I'm going to stop there. Every single episode of FG this guy has reviewed he goes on about "stunning animation".

FG always has, and especially now, had utterly attrocious animation. I really fail to see how any of the scores IGN have given FG lately are justifyable, especially you consider it's been canceled twice (back when it was actually funny), and suddenly happens to come back as the dumbest and most atrociously written show on TV, only to recieve "mass critical and commercial appluase".

Maybe because they're a division of Fox/News International, who pretty much bullshit on an unbelievable scale in the name of making money by telling people what to think?

Nah, maybe not.

Feb 25, 2008
IGN's TV reviews always read like middle school book reports.

This was hilarious, and that was hilarious. This looked stunning, and that was stunning. Overall it was hilarious and stunning, and all of the characters doing what they always do was hilarious and stunning.

How hard is it to hire people who actually know how to write? Where do they find these people?

BigAL179

Noob
Apr 26, 2006
@ headless_turkey

I hate when people start to hate things that become commercial success. Calm down the show still has its funny episodes, and till this day I still watch it and find most of it funny.
What do you want?? Do you want them to stop making Family Guy because they can't redo the same episodes from the beginning?
This show is still funny and I can't wait to watch it tonight.

Greed1914

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 5, 2007
This episode was great. The Meg variants had me constantly laughing, and I was impressed at how they nailed the speaking animation in the Disney universe. That pig was great too. I liked how the dog universe basically admitted how weird it is that Brian dates human women. The Mort joke was far too easy to see coming though. A contender for the best part might be the Robot Chicken universe. I never get sick of them giving Seth Green a ribbing about the show via Chris.

Maxor127

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 9, 2004
Terribly overrated. Only part I laughed at was the Japanese universe. The rest of the episode went back and forth between slightly amusing to not funny at all. The Disney part was interesting but not really funny except to keep the Meg gag going. I chuckled at Peter farting in Meg's face. It's a high seven or at most a low 8. With all of the praise in the review, I was expecting something much better. Instead, it was a wasted opportunity.

May 6, 2003
I wouldn't call this "stunning" and "incredible" or anything so superfluous. However, I was very entertained. Certainly one of the better FG episodes in a long while. I wish they would so something a la "Road to" a lot more often. I've often worried about FG as of late, but episodes like these tell me that Seth and company still got it -- sometimes.

I doubt this level will stay throughout the entire season, but if the rest of the episodes are at least half as entertaining, it definitely has a spot on my DVR. Good episode.

nester7929

The Masked Man
Dec 19, 2001
It was alright. The Disney scene was really the only thing that made it worth watching.

What's with Family Guy and bashing Christianity though? I can understand making fun of it, but when it's brought up in the show it feels more like hate speech than humor.

SatanicCarrot

Prime Member
May 7, 2005
TNT 93o: That song is "Drop Dead Legs" by Van Halen.

And I agree with the review-I haven't roared with laughter that hard at any FG episode in a really long time. They outdid themselves with this one.

Nov 15, 2008
Seth sorely needs a history lesson. Christianity did not repress scientific knowledge, but rather did the exact opposite. Christian monks were the sole keepers of classical knowledge during the dark ages, without which such critical periods such as the renaissance and the enlightenment would have never been possible.

tastycles

Noob
Oct 16, 2008
Vladimir_Tootin:
He's an idiot who thinks he's smart. The dark ages would have come no matter what and if it weren't for Christianity there would be no Renaissance. But he sees feudalism and Galileo's discovery first so he thinks that organized religion is evil. What points out that he's even stupider is that he thinks that the Japanese could have won the war if we didn't bomb them. The only thing that would have happened was us losing more men fighting there.

SatanicCarrot

Prime Member
May 7, 2005
I know that when I watch an animated television program about fat people farting, I need the history to be 100% accurate or it completely takes me out of the moment.

JB-BMW1989

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 23, 2009
I must admit, the only funny part in this episode is the Japanese universe. Thank god Seth hired Japanese guest stars to avoid the problem. I am sure they don't mind.

I_Am_Error88

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 3, 2005
I must say, I haven't been pleased with Family Guy for a long time but this was one of the funnies episodes I've seen through out the whole series and I was very entertained the whole time. I liked seeing the alternative universes and when I saw Herbert as the wicked witch from Snow white, (or whatever she was called) I feel off the chair laughing.

Tascosa420

Noob
Sep 28, 2009
Hehe, this was a rip-off of the Futurama episode 'The Farnsworth Parabox', and there was a 420 universe...Classic! Still pretty funny though, and better than half of last season combined.

slambamsam

Noob
Sep 9, 2008
Maybe it was because I read the review first and had too high of hopes, but I really thought this episode was underwhelming. I laughed maybe once or twice, most of it I just sat there wondering what happened to all the previously funny moments of family guy. A 9.6 seems brutally high. Not only that, seeing American Dad after, where there was some semblance of a clever story and funny dialogue made me even more sad for this slop Seth has been churning out. Maybe he should spend less time playing his bit part on Flash Forward.

Dec 16, 2007
This episode was really incredible. there were tremendous laughs, jaw-dropping moments, and episodes like this really elevates Family Guy to be more than a cartoon, and i think it now truly has a place in the Emmys as a general comedy and not just animation.

Nov 5, 2007
This episode was hilarious. There were so many funny moments, I especially liked watching Brian getting licked in the dog universe and watching Brian have to pick up Stewies poop.

Oct 26, 2004
I want you all to note that the people who say this is "not so great" , over and over again come out somewhere saying they are miffed at Seth for knocking Christianity. Humorous because most people who call themselves "Christian" are the least Christian people I know. Selfish, ignorant and hateful so please, go on because the thing it really shows is how self righteous and humorless you are, not Seth.

EKGProd

Noob
Jul 29, 2008
This Review is spot on. This Episode was one of the best in years. It ranks up there in my book with the first three seasons.

It completely makes up for most of the crappy episodes they have turned out since the show came back. One joke after another and all of them hit the mark. A Masterpiece in the Family Guy Universe.

Schmink

Noob
May 17, 2003
What is with all of you haters? Are you all so bitter and jaded that you have no sense of humor left at all? The simple fact that there are so many miserably snarky comments on such a great episode makes me wonder what parallel universe this forum is in. Clearly stating that this episode was unfunny or unoriginal is a desperate cry for help.

fikester06

Noob
Nov 16, 2007
I didn't take offense to the bash on Christianity. The catholic church was the group responsible for the dark ages, not the church of Acts (which a lot of newer churches are trying to get back to - less about dogma and more about being what Christ wanted) and it was funny because Seth kinda admitted that without christianity there wouldn't have been some of the greatest artistic masterpieces like the sistine chapel.

all-in-all, this episodes was really good. it's pacing was great and the jokes were all hilarious.

SPfan098

Noob
Mar 21, 2008
I am totally shocked at how good and enjoyable this episode was, especially after the television disaster that was the 7th season of Family Guy. As far as "Road to..." episodes go, my personal favorite will always be "Road to Rupert", but this episode has officially replaced "Road to Germany" as my 2nd favorite "Road to..." episode in the history of the series. Every single one of the alternate universes that was visited by Stewie and Brian in this episode had me laughing. My personal favorites were the Japan universe, the Robot Chicken universe, and the Disney universe, though. If I had to make one criticism of this episode, it would be that the episode lacked plot. And although I thought the Robot chicken jokes were funny, I still find it kind of weird that this episode made fun of Robot Chicken in the first place, because this episode was easily just as random and plot-less as an episode of Robot Chicken. But in the end, I don't mind that this episode severely lacked plot, because it made me laugh way more than the crap that this show churned out in its last season.

Aqualead12

Prime Member
Oct 3, 2002
I found the Robot Chicken universe, although only about 20 seconds long, to be the funniest moment I've seen in any Family Guy episode in a long time. Easily one of the best episodes ever.

HarlequinofhateKick

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 5, 2006
I may not be a very big Family Guy fan, but this episode was pretty funny - even if it was a total ripoff of the Farnsworth Parabox. The Running gag with Meg was great. I was crying at the image of dog-world meg

Jul 24, 2008
THIS WAS THE BEST EPISODE TO DATE...I LOVED THE DISNEY UNIVERSE...WHAT MADE ME CRACK UP THOUGH..IS HOW THE PIG LOOKS AND HOW SETH SAYS OINK!..I CRACKED UP SO HARD!

Status
Not open for further replies.