DBelmont21

Noob
Sep 22, 2010
GUYS GOT IT TODAY! Im here in Colombia(South America) They burn games over here(on my Avatar it says Ive played 141 games!) ...Its incredible, I pay only 8 thousand pesos(around 5 dollars) For every game, The only catch of us getting so cheap games is that I cant play online(which i really dont care) cause microsoft would ban me cause of the pirate discs, I can only play offline. THE GAME IS VERY GOOD for those of us who understand and like F1 (I wished the game had the a Colombian colored helmet and nationallity!) I also wished they showed different camera angles during pit stops and that the game had a Tv broadcasting person throught the race. ...GUYS I RECCOMEND SPIDERMAN DIMENSIONS TOO

DBelmont21

Noob
Sep 22, 2010
GUYS GOT IT TODAY! Im here in Colombia(South America) They burn games over here(on my Avatar it says Ive played 141 games!) ...Its incredible, I pay only 8 thousand pesos(around 5 dollars) For every game, The only catch of us getting so cheap games is that I cant play online(which i really dont care) cause microsoft would ban me cause of the pirate discs, I can only play offline. THE GAME IS VERY GOOD for those of us who understand and like F1 (I wished the game had the a Colombian colored helmet and nationallity!) I also wished they showed different camera angles during pit stops and that the game had a Tv broadcasting person throught the race. ...GUYS I RECCOMEND SPIDERMAN DIMENSIONS TOO

DBelmont21

Noob
Sep 22, 2010

Mar 22, 2010
Got my copy last night.
Amazing f-ing game. Was thinking that I would skip it because I don't wanna throw off my GT5 skills, such as they are. Glad I let emotion overtake me and make the purchase.
About the press conferences/talking to reporters: Really reviewer, you think it falls flat? I thought the dearth of possible responses to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a video game. I work in professional sports, and I think that maybe they give you too many response choices.
BTW, the driving mechanics are crazy.
And for all you D-pad drivers, do yourself a favor. Buy a wheel already! Seriously, the experience is a night and day difference. Wish that I hadn't waited so long to purchase mine.
Have fun, see you in the paddocks!
KaffeineKeiser

Lemmys_Wart

Super Star
May 25, 2007
Friends, I played it for about 8.5 hours last night through the night to when I had to get ready for work this morning. Thsi is one case where my insomnia worked to my benefit. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to play it last night. I'm dead tired now, though, and literally falling asleep at my desk.

Anyway, the game is amazing. The driving physics are very believable and rewarding. Things move with an unmatched sense of speed and I was glued to my controller for the duration of each race. If you want a game that makes your palms sweat, this is a perfect one for that. It's pretty intense.

I also played online and noticed absolutely no lag from anybody. The biggest problem with online play is the fact that most people think they will winn the race if they are leading going into or coming out of the first turn. Everybody jams into the same spot, wreck, and spin out all over the track. I solve this problem by hanging back to begin. As it is, it's not a design flaw by Codemasters, it's simply a user mistake that is avoidable. I saw very little wrong with the game and enjoyed it thoroughly. I look forward to playing it again on Sunday or Monday.

edit- Excuse any spelling mistakes. As I said, I'm running on zero sleep and am not functioning normally.

MANYOO4EVA

Noob
Nov 18, 2009
This is one helluva racing game and the sheer sense of speed is exhilarating especially when taking a Mclaren at full speed through Eau Rouge at Spa and it will make your palms sweat.

I love the fact that you can change your engine speed, aerodynamics and tyre choice on the fly with the d-pad.

The handling is spot on, as if you go on the power too early out of chicane or tight corner you will spin, and thus is so realistic.

I also love the fact that there is no commentary, it just adds to the tension and when you put a flying lap all together, like I did at Monza (and the only time I have done so so far), to take pole over Vettel the feeling was immense.

Codemasters are genuises and it was the best decision to give them the F1 licence. Only better to come me thinks.

Keyo3600

Noob
May 6, 2008
I'm thinking about MAYBE buying this game but the way you feel about NASCAR for the most part I feel about F1...BORING! The field gets strung out not enough passing and the racing isn't as close as NASCAR. All that being said I like racing games. I just wish code master would do a NASCAR game. Open Wheel racing kind of sucks!

Lemmys_Wart

Super Star
May 25, 2007
Keyo3600 said:
I'm thinking about MAYBE buying this game but the way you feel about NASCAR for the most part I feel about F1...BORING! The field gets strung out not enough passing and the racing isn't as close as NASCAR. All that being said I like racing games. I just wish code master would do a NASCAR game. Open Wheel racing kind of sucks!

Yeah, I've never understood the NASCAR appeal. After the drivers have turned left for about the 10th time, I fall asleep. It is known as NAPCAR in my family. NASCAR is mind-numbingly boring to me.

Jul 26, 2009
Lemmys_Wart said:
Keyo3600 said:

Yeah, I've never understood the NASCAR appeal. After the drivers have turned left for about the 10th time, I fall asleep. It is known as NAPCAR in my family. NASCAR is mind-numbingly boring to me.

This, as I got older, I liked the ability and percision of F1 more than NASCAR

Jun 13, 2008
Plus 23 of the 24 drivers on the grid this week in formula 1 or better than any driver in nascar rite now. nothing tops the great drives from f1 drivers n the tracks they race on.

DBelmont21

Noob
Sep 22, 2010
MY COMPLETE REVIEW GUYS(8.5) ..I love how it runs and looks since I loved Grid and Dirts, but...***the press interviews are identical(should at least change places) 1***theres no commentator TERRIBLE CHOICE ...I remember F1 on PSone used to have commentator, U knew who was entering pits, whos winning, whos had car problems etc. 2***PITS ARE TERRIBLE, They dont have different camera angles on your pit stop and your fckn pit crew team waits till almost everyother car leaves pit road to send you back on track(They make U loose too much time, It drives U insane) 3***Another thing is Invisible cars... cars sometimes go invisible so that you dont collide with them(I think) But Codemasters thats so freaking not F1!!! 4***another thing Codemasters... When the race is about to begin, They only show whos on pole, your teammate and your grid position ...HELL NO CODIES... we want to listen to a commentator telling us the whole grid lineup, who did outstanding etc. ***FINALLY, I gotta say after too many years of waiting for an F1 game I thank you Codies but I wish next year you change these things and ICLUDE LIKE A SHOP OR SOMETHING(in the game, not online) WHERE YOU BUY collectibles like photos or helmets, figuirines, etc.

DBelmont21

Noob
Sep 22, 2010
MY COMPLETE REVIEW GUYS(8.5) ..I love how it runs and looks since I loved Grid and Dirts, but...***the press interviews are identical(should at least change places) 1***theres no commentator TERRIBLE CHOICE ...I remember F1 on PSone used to have commentator, U knew who was entering pits, whos winning, whos had car problems etc. 2***PITS ARE TERRIBLE, They dont have different camera angles on your pit stop and your fckn pit crew team waits till almost everyother car leaves pit road to send you back on track(They make U loose too much time, It drives U insane) 3***Another thing is Invisible cars... cars sometimes go invisible so that you dont collide with them(I think) But Codemasters thats so freaking not F1!!! 4***another thing Codemasters... When the race is about to begin, They only show whos on pole, your teammate and your grid position ...HELL NO CODIES... we want to listen to a commentator telling us the whole grid lineup, who did outstanding etc. ***FINALLY, I gotta say after too many years of waiting for an F1 game I thank you Codies but I wish next year you change these things and ICLUDE LIKE A SHOP OR SOMETHING(in the game, not online) WHERE YOU BUY collectibles like photos or helmets, figuirines, etc.

DBelmont21

Noob
Sep 22, 2010

DBelmont21

Noob
Sep 22, 2010

DBelmont21

Noob
Sep 22, 2010

DBelmont21

Noob
Sep 22, 2010

Jul 26, 2009
DBelmont21 said:

1. You only have to post this once, we don't want to make fun of you 16 different times

2. Bolded is too arcady, why would we want to collect figurins?it might be for some, but not the core audience

3. Italisized They did that because they wanted everything to make you feel like YOU are the driver. There are no commentators when you drive, just your engineer.

4. Don't post more than once, makes you look like an uneducated child

Jul 30, 2010
I really like this game a lot. It definitely exceeded my expectations. It handles well, you can customize your control scheme on you controller, the sound is absolutely perfect and it looks great. I saw someone write that there are no commentators, that's true, but I don't think F1 drivers listen to the race broadcast and commentators, they listen to their race engineers....and that's what you do in this game. I think that it improves the feel of the game. You FEEL like you are really racing instead of playing a game about racing. I highly recommend this game to anyone who is even a little bit curious about F1 racing....

tkm1986

Noob
Sep 25, 2010
i cannot believe how rubbish F1 2010 is. it makes simple mistakes like telling you someone is in the pits when there clearly not and why is there no safety car used. this could have and should have been an amazing game but its just not. Racing in the rain isnt as much of a challange as it should be, apart from the lack of visability its basicaly the same as driving in the dry. total let down

Jun 22, 2009
This is one of the best examples I know of how profoundly a series develops in the space of just one game. I have this and F1 2009, and I can't deny there's been a massive leap forward. Everything looks so much more defined, the career mode IMO is much more refined, making you work your way from the bottom with the new teams. And depending on the difficulty settings and controls you prefer to use, you can genuinely create a real challenge out of this game if you set them just right. As I say, a massive leap forward and a great game that captures the essence of motorsport beautifully.

Jul 17, 2010
This is the best f1 game ever !! it doesnt compare to any f1 game before . the feel of the car, the exitement of the race , how much energie it takes to drive consistantly and without spinning . and then all the options ....
my only minor issue is that they should have made it a bit easyer to start a single race and maybe an arcade mode. for when your not in the mood for all the realism and just want to race a few lapps.
this is the proof of codies race legacy and skill.

David603

Noob
Jun 13, 2008
Its a good game, no doubt about it. The cars drive well, they look, feel and sound like you would think an F1 car would. All the cars are there, with performance similar to their real counterparts.

Make a mistake and you will be punished for it, going for the power a bit too hard as you come out of a corner will have you facing backwards in the track if you have a wheel on the curb or grass.

Driving for one of the new teams, its a real challenge to beat cars like the Torro Rossos and Saubers, let alone go for points. Having 2 points at the end of my first season in the Lotus felt like a real achivement.

Career mode is immersive, can't really be faulted, and its the best career mode ever in an F1 game.

Only problems really would be the AI, which is a bit bland, making no effort to defend position or fight each other or the player, and the complete lack of mechanical faliures. Due to the lack of fighting or failiures, almost always you will see the whole field finish, which is boring, and makes it very hard for the backmarkers to get decent results.

There are also some other problems, like if the AI loses its front wing, it will continue to drive round at full speed to the pits, instead of going back to the pits slowly and keeping out of the other cars way.

Overall, its a good game, very comprehensive and detailed, but at the same time its a bit bland, and you will never have a great fight against another driver unless you play online.

DBelmont21

Noob
Sep 22, 2010
TOTALLY AGREE WITH David603 (Happy to see there are people who really know about this) CODEMASTERS Why the hell do 99percent of the cars finish the race???(Its so fckn unreal!) ...WHERE ARE THE RANDOM MECHANICAL FAILURES? I remember even in Psone you used to see and pass cars driving slowly with mechanical failures!!!, ENGINES EXPLODING, smoke coming out etc, ***2*** If we win a race CODEMASTERS we want to see podium celebrations right stick shaking the champagne for godsake!!! ***3***If Im freaking 4th place in the drivers standings with Lotus I want to see AT LEAST all the lower teams sending me contract offers Gd damn it! ***Finally, CODEMASTERS I gotta say I LOVE the team challenge minipage on the boxes(ealthough I think you should be promoted to 1st driver a lot faster), I love the option of changing engine performance in the middle of a race, Love the rival thing, the quick car set up, PLEASE dont change these things! AND PLEASE DONT CHANGE THE MAIN THEME "F.E.A.R. by Ian brown LEAVE THIS GOOD THINGS IN NEXT YEARS GAME!!!

DBelmont21

Noob
Sep 22, 2010
TOTALLY AGREE WITH David603 (Happy to see there are people who really know about this) CODEMASTERS Why the hell do 99percent of the cars finish the race???(Its so unreal!) ...WHERE ARE THE RANDOM MECHANICAL FAILURES? I remember even in Psone you used to see and pass cars driving slowly with mechanical failures!!!, ENGINES EXPLODING, smoke coming out etc, ***2*** If we win a race CODEMASTERS we want to see podium celebrations, right stick shaking the champagne for godsake!!! ***3***If Im freaking 4th place in the drivers standings with Lotus I want to see AT LEAST all the lower teams sending me contract offers Gd damn it! ***Finally, CODEMASTERS I gotta say I LOVE the teammate challenge minipage on the boxes(although I think you should be promoted to 1st driver a lot faster), I love the option of changing engine performance in the middle of a race, Love the rival thing, the quick car set up, PLEASE dont change these things! AND PLEASE DONT CHANGE THE MAIN THEME "F.E.A.R. by Ian brown LEAVE THESE GOOD THINGS IN NEXT YEARS GAME!!!

madrasman

Noob
Sep 28, 2010
This must be a first for a multi platform game, but f1 looks much better on the ps3 than the 360.Its about time though.

Mar 16, 2009
abosulty loving this cracking game. altho like other comments i am wondering why every car finishes every race. i stopped alonso from overtaking me by forcing him into a wall stopping him dead from near 200mph instantly, he came 4th which is bulls***

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
i dont agree my mate has it on ps3 and after seeing it im 100% sure it looks better on 360.
Also even though im 70% happy with the game the other 30% is an unhappiness of things that werent included like the option to save replays from singleplayer,or save online replays....heck i would have settled for an uploading fileshare option but they didnt ven give us that!
With games like Blur giving us social friend challenges and Forza letting us save replays and take pictures its LAZY on Codemasters part!
If you want to live up to your name Codie's then you have to try and keep up with the times. Christ PGR3 gave us more options and that was a launch title and the graphics still look good enough even today!
If f12011(if there will be one),GRID and Dirt 3 dont have these traits in them then im seriously gonna start passing up on Codemasters games and after being a fan since the very early days following them from amiga through the console years it will be a big shame but a shame that Codies have pulled on themselves.
Codemasters???? The way you guys are leaving major things out i'd prefer calling you Codeamatuers!
Damn see what you made me say!

Oct 10, 2010
Hi, i no this isnt on the subject, but you might be able to help? when you do a career mode, and you choose what difficulty its on, when it goes to custom does that mean its now easy as on expert i have it on custom and i still win every race in a lotus which deffinetly isnt right! Please Help needed?

hjortleth

Noob
Oct 1, 2010
impressive game, bought it for my x360 and havn't regret it yet.

good graphics and realistic gameplay.

thumps up

Poley1234

Noob
Oct 11, 2010
I enjoy this game, so the fact I had to force myself to read past the opening lines and then the rest of the review made me feel the need to comment.

This review is horribly written.

jaboyle0

Noob
Jan 1, 2005
Poley1234: "This review is horribly written."

and that’s why Martin Robinson is a successful games journalist who works for IGN and you’re a man who plays video games all day who has no right to judge professionals at their job.

Nov 12, 2009
"and any worries that the arcade bent of DiRT and GRID would make its way to F1 2010 are extinguished in one run. "

Absolute rubbish.
This game is exactly as arcadey as dirt or grid.
This is by no means a sim by any stretch of the imagination!!
Have you never played i-racing, netkar-pro or rfactor?
These are sims.

As for the rest of the review, I like the way he completely brushes the fact that it is broken to a large degree regarding ai, pitting, timing etc. under the carpet by mentioning some small issues.

The codemasters forums and steam forums have been awash with everyone complaining about the shoddy, rushed job done with this game.
The practice and quali times are FAKE as admitted by codemasters f1 2010 chief developer.
There are no split times and you can't view any other car in replay(some speculation regarding this is because they don't exist for an entire lap).

F1 2010 is all smoke and mirrors. The rain effects are nice and graphics are quite good, if a little bloomy but thats it really. The handling model is very arcadey compared to actual sims, but this was never pretending to be a sim so you can forgive that fact. Force feedback is rubbish and most effects are canned.

A patch is in development at the moment which will hopefully fix the major flaws with this release. My advice is to steer clear of this until it is fixed.

Anyone doubting any of this, go to the codemasters official forum and have a read ;)

cerebus00

Noob
Mar 9, 2007
wish we could get an actual pc review rather than a cut n pasted console review [face_tongue] so yes by that standard it is poorly written.

one interesting thing of note one site took a live track cam of ferrari doing a lap at monza and drive a car in game they were remarkably accurate. cars even lapping almost exactly the same pace as the real deal.

tricky thing about f1 games and the word sim is 99% of the worlds population has never been near let alone driven a f1 car. we can say a rfactor f1 mod feels right and maybe it does but that is just it it feels right, since we never have had the experience of sitting in a formula 1 car and doing a full out full speed lap nevermind even a half speed lap we have no baseline what so ever of what a formula one car should feel or handle like in real life.

these cars might feel too sticky, but i really cannot say 100% for sure that is not the way they are in real life to drive since these cars have a ton of downforce, small fortunes invested in tire research, and compounds to get the utmost in traction and grip, and suspension systems that would be at home on a car from the distant future.

for all we know the sims of rfactor are more akin to the f1 cars of the 80s where there was little to no downforce and the cars had 1000 + hp engines and no safety features to speak of, than todays cars.

sim or not the game is fun, when it is not bugging out and corrupting your save game or skrewing you by the ai cars not pitting in a dry race. but when it does work properly, the thrill of driving a car that costs the gnp of a small country and white knuckling that car in the wet or when you got a rival breathing up your exhaust pipe is definately there.

and pc version owns all because people are already modding the hell out of this game.

mvieira

Prime Member
May 24, 2006
I'm sorry, but this game sucks... I spent $60 on this game over the weekend. And i was very let donw. Don't get me wrong the interface of this game was the best part of it. The rest was terrible!! the 2007 Liverpool studio's take on the sport was way better and still is. I dare anyone to play both games. You will soon realize that Codemaster screw this up royally. For a racing fan like my self, the control and feel of the cars are the most important thing in any sim game. Even the tracks, car models, damage, sound, sense of speed is betterin the 2007 F1 game from liverpool studios. Folks for under $20 bucks you can buy the best F1 game to date. Don't waste your money on F1 2010.

thks

K

keiisuke

Original poster
I can't sit back and let people like mvieira trash this game. This game DOES NOT suck.

I am a codemasters fan, they're games are ALWAYS quality as any racing and video game fan would know. They are not SIMS, they are a hybrid of sorts. They are built to be fun. To emulate the excitement of these sports, not to frustrate us with their intricacies.

F12010 is gorgeous. The gameplay is AWESOME, and this is easily the best F1 game I have ever played.

Please guys, don't take my word for it, and for the lvoe of god don't take m vieira's word either. Try it for yourself. If you love FAST and fun racing games, you will love the gameplay F1 2010 offers.

GREAT work codemasters - Another great game added to my collection :)

Oct 19, 2010
I won every race so far and am about to conquer SPA which is race 13. I got all the teams wanting me for the next season. Anyone whos been playing long enough, can you tell me which team to choose for my next season? You need to have a high enough reputation to get offers. Mine is 19 and climbing fast. As far as the top 3 go, Red Bull want a 20 to sign up, Ferrari want a 21, and McLaren want 24. As it looks, McLaren with the highest should get the top seat, but, I want the best car to drive and we all know that it could be any one out there. Anyways, like the game. Pretty easy with all the practice you get, and the rain is kinda cool. Got a Force India Merc and I'm slaying with all the upgrades. Haven't played online yet. Waiting to finish all the tracks which will be soon. I'll let this post stew awhile for a majority answer. Later

Oh and PS. I'm a real F1 fan, and am looking forward to the new Korean track this weekend

Flair23232

Prime Member
Sep 2, 2002
I held off buying this game, hoping GT5 would release and make it unnecessary, but we all know what happened with GT5, AGAIN!!!. So Saturday I went out and bought a copy of F1 2010. I'm not an experienced sim racer nor do I know much about F1 racing but I've enjoyed GT5 Prologue and Dirt-2 on my PS3, using the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel. Need for Speed Shift was terrible, with a dead zone in the center you could drive a Mack truck through no matter how I tried to adjust the controls. I traded that one in after getting too frustrated.

Anyway, I'm playing F1 on easy but with auto braking turned off (if I screw up fine but I want to work the brakes myself). I'm racing on the Virgin team. I qualified 19th in Bahrain and finished 14th so you can see I'm no pro out there. I've qualified 3rd in Melbourne (managed a lucky fast lap in there somewhere) but haven't had time to run the race yet. I'll need to spend some more time on the course in time trial mode because I'm struggling with a few of the turns. No matter how many times I run it I'm just not anticipating well enough. Practiced in the rain and that was quite the experience. Hated it, to be honest, but shit happens.

Now to the bottom line. I like this game. I dialed in my wheel per Inside Sim Racing's suggestions and I'm very happy with my control of the car (not the traction but the car's responsiveness to my wheel input, which is critical to me). I look forward to racing and feel a real pressure to perform. I don't know how easy the game will prove to be and if I never move up in the standings that's fine with me.

Is it a sim? How would I know? I've never driven an F1 race car and never will. But the game is fun. That's all I can ask of a game. I haven't played enough to experience any bugs but I also know a patch is in the works and it will come when it comes.

Last words... I'm glad I took a chance with this game. It will definitely scratch my driving itch until GT5 comes out. It will most likely scratch it even after I get GT5. That's a win-win situation from my point of view.

Oct 19, 2010
Did you leave the racing line on? you know the green arrows that you follow when you play easy mode, that turn red in braking areas? Also, you can press start at the end of your practice sessions and redo your session, if you haven't got enough time on track to be comfortable. this way you can compare your times with the other drivers in your season, and get a feel on how you do in quali. Also I've never used a wheel, but you might want to try and park that hot rod and use the ole controller. I like the feel of the R2 and L2 buttons for accel and breaking, and the steering is smooth. Also use your minimap! Lower left corner of screen. It shows where you are on track and to anticipate turns until you can memorize the track. Just keep resetting your sessions while in your carrer mode, and you can see your progress as you familiarize the tracks. Alot of tracks I can best in a handful of laps and commonly have everyone beat by 2 seconds in a fraction of the way through my first practice, but there are the pain in the ass tracks like Melbourne that just wear on you. Just keep practicing. Break early and stomp it through the apex. just remember you can reset your sessions if things get out of hand. plus the instant replay flashback is useful if you spinout.

Flair23232

Prime Member
Sep 2, 2002
I do use the driving line. It helps me judge when to slow down for the curves. I have arthritis in my hands so the controller is just not comfortable. I can use the wheel without pain. I ran the race in Melbourne last night. I was expecting lights or something at the start but the cars just took off so, with a slow start, I dropped from my 3rd position to 7th or 8th before the first turn. I was 21st after my pit - I now know what people have been talking about; I was held in the pits for about 13 seconds before getting the go - but battled back to finish 8th, my first points of the season. I should have finished 6th but I tried a couple of passes, pushed by my engineer, and screwed them both up and lost positions. Still lots of fun however. I never use flashbacks, here or in Dirt-2. I like to keep it real and the last time I looked, we don't get flashbacks in life. :)

Aug 9, 2009
When i play a racing sim on pc i cant help but compare it too F1 99-02 or Geoff Crammonds F1 or Race 07 Or even SuperBikes 2001 from EA or Nascar 2003 from Papyrus, THESE are pure racing simulations. PC sim racing games, you can replay the ENTIRE RACE from every single angle you want from any driver you want and race a full race that FEELS like a real race would in real life. Even Race 07 you have that feature. if you arent getting enough of a challenge try the hardest difficulty. Should be a challenge. Better be a challenge. Im yet to play the game, i will soon. I still play F1 99-02 adn geoff crammonds F1 games. They are old but seem to present the real sim experience when driving.

Falken_PT

Noob
May 17, 2010
"It's indicative of a dynamic weather system that's the best in the genre – at least it is until Gran Turismo 5 launches later this year."

Hahaha, yeah, right.

jdi_79

Noob
Jun 13, 2011
I was dubious about this game, I used the logic that I normally fall asleep watching formula one on TV as meaning it is a boring sport with no overtaking happening very often. I was angry at myself for paying money for the game for the first few days because I dont have time to sit and mess around with car set ups which is definetely part of the game but I googled F12010 set ups and found a website where people enchange set ups and since then I love the game.
I've really enjoyed the races I've had online barring a few people who ruin things with deliberate ramming but im sure they would recieve a time penalty for it. The single player game is not so exciting as the online racing but the reality is just driving the car and getting better lap times is addictive however having other cars in a race obviously makes it a little bit more interesting. I personally dont get a lot of satisfaction from beating the computer, you need a good imagination to feel good about that but for me driving the car well is rewarding because its really easy to make a mistake which would spin you round. If you are online it is class. If you can avoid the usual pile up at the first bend by hanging back a little or braking at the last possible moment if you are in the front row its going to make you feel good, if you manage to stay in front or experience a good fight to overtake someone without crashing them or you off then you will enjoy it. Its a great game for those who just want to race.