Apr 9, 2003
Ok, so maybe I have "my head up my ass," but it is a little irritating that nobody gives these Dynasty Warriors games a chance. Yes, I know that it's repetitive. Yes, I know that it's basically the same game with a different package. However, all things aside, this game is a blast. I loved the first one, I'm even crazier about this one. I understand that this game is not for everybody, but I don't see how disrespecting the fans of them gets you anywhere. So some reviewers don't like the DW games, so what? What does matter is that some people still like these games and that's why they are still making them. I trust IGN with their reviews mostly, however I don't agree with this one AND THAT'S OK. I do agree with some of the comments on here that state how all the Madden, MLB, PGA, and other sports games get 8 out of 10s, and they are all the same game, but sports games appeal to a wider audience than does the Dynasty Warriors series. It's a fact of life, you're not going to make everybody happy. IGN, keep doing a good job and don't let it turn into money. Although I will admit, I think that Koei is giving you guys quite a bit due to all the advertisements I see on the site for this game. Also, for all of you neanderthals that have to say that if we are fans of this series then we have our heads up our asses, a little respect would be appreciated. After all, we didn't criticize you for liking Barbie Horse Adventures.

KevuKhan

Noob
Sep 10, 2001
@ Neo-Geon: I agree, but I think I'll hold out for that sequel to give em time to really nail the gameplay.

Dec 23, 2008
I'm sorry you have to keep reviewing the same game Clements. For the next one you should just post a link to this one and say it's the same thing. Anyway, I'm holding out for Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundamn vs. Gundam.

giese095

Prime Member
Jan 15, 2008
the fate of battling robot video games falls to the next Transformers game...sad that our only hope falls to a movie based game, but I have heard good first impressions

dave_d2

Noob
Sep 20, 2004
I have been a fan of the series since the PS2/XBox days, but have to say I expect alot more from next generation hardware, I have no issue with the formula, I can play these mindless hack and slashers all day...would just be nice if they didn't look like glorified hi-res PS2 games, but the I am mainly interested in the samurai warriors and dynasty warriors games, the Gundams are a little ridiculous in this context.

Dec 28, 2008
to cschoe31: well if of you did a bit research you would know that the Japanese version comes with the original/remixed versions of the original japanese tracks, which if your a true gundam fan you would love that over the shitty american tracks that from what ive heard suck.

to vortigauntslayer222: lol do you really think gundam vs. gundam is going to be ported here to U.S. on like 360 or ps3 because there is already a version of it on psp but only in japan and buy the looks of it, its staying like that. if your talking about gundam vs gundam next there is a good chance of it going to a console seeing as how the psp version for gundam vs. gundam did exceptionally well, it could end up like how gundam seed federation vs zaft series went. and if you don't know what i mean by that its they first released gundam seed FVSZ on psp and after they saw it sold well they then ported the sequel Gundam seed FVSZ 2 on to the ps2. But the only problem with all of this is the game gundam seed FVSZ 1 and 2 never left outside japan so by the looks of it gundam vs gundam series is sadly ending up the same way.

guardianmega

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 20, 2008
And IGN drops the ball again. DWG2 is a great game, people. Yes, the hacking and slashing gets repetitive, but it's great fun. Do yourself a favor and buy this game.

I

iSaidnofzac

Original poster
can anyone tell me a significant difference between the last 3 Madden games?

TyphonXZ

Noob
Apr 27, 2009
Was really hoping for this game to be so much better than the previous one, but I guess good Gundam games just don't ever get released across Japanese borders.

See the thing I really don't get is why Bandai doesn't bring a superb game like Rengou vs Zaft II plus out here, sure I got that game imported but it doesn't take away the impression for non-japanese fans that every Gundam game released here is automatically categorized as lackluster and doesn't do the anime series the justice it deserves.

guardianmega

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 20, 2008
Responding to TyphonXZ: this game absolutely does Gundam the justice it deserves. I own it and love it. If you like Gundam, you'll love this game.

Dec 28, 2008
appleSauce313 said:
@ iSaidnofzac

Nope.

I can tell you... um well, oh yeah roster update!!!:^O no but seriously besides some update on the graphics nothing.

The real question is, can somebody please tell me the difference between the past 7+ guilty gear games cause i own 3 and ya between all of those three the only real changes i see is, no not new characters or extra music, just they added some extra costumes on the characters and as a new sequel comes out they throw in a new mode that plays 90% identical to the rest of the modes. I can tell you this if you thought the DW franchise was bad at giving new content. dont even get me started on how horrendous the GG franchise whores out the same shit and still there games get high 7's and 8's.

Nov 1, 2006
No, this does no justice to the gundam franchise at all. if it played out like armored core or ace combat, then that might be something to crow about. this- not so much.

Spydr331

Noob
Oct 20, 2003
the thing about the gundam series is that there are a lot of good story lines and characters... which unfortunately cannot be explored in a conglomerate game like this

what they do in this game is drag random characters from the series... put them together and say "figure out whats going on... before its too late" and somehow youre supposed to be able to do that

what they SHOULD do is go to the story lines of a single series, and let you play through those, rather than put everything together in one gigantic mixing put, take the series that was the best and make a game of JUST THAT (crosses fingers for gundam wing) and then see how that goes... and of course if you HAVE to make a game with every character everywhere you can make them unlockables that you can play through the game with BUT NO STORY LINE... YET!

P.S. yey for cap locks!

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I wish Koei would pick up the Kessen series again - that was solid, particularly the second. Straightforward game design, lots of CG cutscenes that are beautifully handled, and symphonic scores from a highly respected Japanese movie-scoring veteran.

Kentj21

Noob
Nov 5, 2002
If you looked up "shovelware" in the dictionary you would see a picture of Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2.
Is it worth $20? No, becuase its not worth 10 seconds of my time.

Oct 29, 2008
http://tech-gaming.com/2009/05/06/mechtech-dynasty-warriors-gundam-2-ps3.aspx

There are some redeeming features in the game, but not enough for the non-Gundam fan.

dybooda

Noob
Jul 21, 2007
I must admit i never played any dinasty warrior game before, and being a HUGE fan of gundam, i found this game very impressively fun...but i must agree it doesnt seems like an improvement over the last titles..for the guy that jumps in the serie for the firt time, its a great game i guess.

Pathos7

Noob
Apr 23, 2009
I don't think Koei's gonna stop making these things until they stop selling in Japan. Don't know why they bring them all here though. Dynasty Warriors, Gundam, Samurai warriors... It's all just different paint on the same design. They're sort of fun the first time you play one, but after the 10 millionth, it's like sitting there popping bubble wrap for 14 hours straight.

Gally-Kid

Noob
May 13, 2009
Koei are the single laziest bunch of developers EVER. If they actually put effort into improving graphics, reduced the number of enemies so there could be more "smart" ones, balanced the damage difference between slashing and shooting, put some proper combos/blocking moves in and put some realistic damage in then it would be an inconcievably AWSOME game by koei standards but as we all know Koei dont have standards.

I enjoy the game very much because its so casual but if it was made by a different bunch who had ambition then i would probably love it to death.

Jun 27, 2008
Gundam Wing was easily the best of the Gundam Series... yet it seems entirely overlooked in this game. with only Wing Gundam and Epyon as playable characters. this game is a joke.

Death Scythe, Heavy Arms, Sandrock, all of these would have been really cool gundams to play as.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I don't think Capcom would do a better job. You've heard of Devil Kings right? Or Sengoku Basara as its known in Japan.

Apr 25, 2010
i agree with "coordinator" devil kings is only ok if your a fan of the anime....if not then the game sucks.

and i think the dynasty warriors gundam franchise might have been better if you could have more of the more recent gundam characters and mobile suits such as those from the "gundam wing" series (which is my personal favorite BTW" and focused less on the "mobile suit gundam" stories and characters...

its a good game if you are a fan of the D.W. franchise and of gundam, but just a few additions to the roster of characters and mobile suit list would have made this game MUCH better.

p.s. AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THAT HEERO YUY AND ZEX/MILLIARDO FROM THE "GUNDAM WING" SERIES BEING THE ONLY CHARACTERS FROM THERE TIME LINE IN THIS GAME SUCKS @$$? I THINK THEY HAD THE BEST GUNDAMS AND TOLD THE GREATEST STORY. IT SHOWED THE BEST DIFFERENCE IN POWER BETWEEN REGULAR MOBILE SUITS AND GUNDAMS AND ALSO SHOWED THE GREATEST IMPACT THAT THE GUNDAMS MADE WHEN THEY ARRIVED. IF A PART 4 COMES INTO PRODUCITON THEY SHOULD REALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS...(JUST MY PERSONAL FEELINGS ABOUT THE GAME)

Apr 25, 2010
Gundam Wing was easily the best of the Gundam Series... yet it seems entirely overlooked in this game. with only Wing Gundam and Epyon as playable characters. this game is a joke.

Death Scythe, Heavy Arms, Sandrock, all of these would have been really cool gundams to play as.

Death Scythe, Heavy Arms, Sandrock, all of these would have been really cool gundams to play as....
Posted by: theHxCLemming on May 17, 2009 09:41

I AGREE WITH "theHxCLemming" COMPLETELY!!!

Apr 25, 2010
ANOTHER RANT: GOING BACK TO THE FIRST D.W. GUNDAM GAME. WHY DID THE DAMN "OFFICIAL MODE" ONLY SURROUND ALL THOSE OLD ASS GUNDAM CHARACTERS! THAT WAS THE DUMBEST THING EVER IN THE WORLD! (REALLY TRYING NOT TO USE REALLY BAD CURSE WORDS) IF THEY HAD JUST ADDED MORE "GUNDAM WING" CHARACTERS THIS GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE ENTERTAINING! SERIOUSLY! I JUST CANT GET OVER HOW THEY FOCUSED ON "MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM" "MOBILE SUIT ZETA GUNDAM" & "MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM ZZ". ITS ABSOLUTELY STUPID!!!! AND YOUW OULD THINK THEY WOULD CORRECT THIS IN THE SECOND INSTALLATION OF THE TITLE BUT OF COURSE THEY DIDNT. I JUST WISH I WAS GENIUS ENOUGH TO DO ALL THE JOBS THAT ARE REQUIRED TO MAKE A NEXT GEN VIDEO GAME. BECAUSE I WOULD MAKE THE GAME MY DAMN SELF AND SELL TO ALL THE FANS OF THE GUNDAM SERIES WHO SHARE MY SAME ANGER AND I WOULD CARE LESS ABOUT LAW SUITS.

00Geass

Noob
Nov 26, 2010
This game is great because it has no Gundam wing crap, Gundam Wing is one of the worst of the gundam series the ONLY reason you think it's cool is cause it was probably the first gundam series you watched as a kid. In Japn were gundam wing was made it was made to attracte more Female viewers. reason MSG Zeta Gundam ZZ and CCA arer the main things is because they are Far Far afr better then that piece of shit wing

Gundam wing is for girls and gay boys, which is probably why you like it so much

Oct 1, 2010
Anime & Plastic model is where Gundam make their fans (and money), not from video games. You think Bandai/Koei actually care what none-fans think of this game ? Nope. It's like telling NYY their logo is ugly and they need to redesign it so people who care nothing about Yankees can enjoy Yankee endorsed sweater better.