May 13, 2005
I do have some interest in it. But my hopes are not high.
I might just get it to play with friends for fun on the side and then actually practice and play melee competitively.
(As i miss my competitive days)

But if competitive sm4sh is going to by super campy like brawl, then no thanks. Melee all day.

Yes_says_no

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 13, 2008
I do have some interest in it. But my hopes are not high.
I might just get it to play with friends for fun on the side and then actually practice and play melee competitively.
(As i miss my competitive days)

But if competitive sm4sh is going to by super campy like brawl, then no thanks. Melee all day.

Agreed. I'm hoping that if Smash 4 cannot be as competitive as Melee, which by the looks of it it won't be, then it will be better than Brawl in that it will be fun and have a guerrilla-like play.

Dec 18, 2004
as long as it's not terrible like brawl it will be worth playing. maybe not $60 though (like $70 in canada. or whatever wii u games cost)

i actually played ssb64 with some people last night, was pretty fun. takes getting used to after melee though. no side b, throws are more important, seems like the jump with up stick is more sensitive which is annoying, etc.

axelXIII

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 4, 2006
On one of the first days of college last year I was walking around my dorm meeting new people and I heard the sound of smash 64 coming from someones room. So I peeked in and introduced myself, they asked if I wanted to play and I said sure...I beat them all and they told me to leave...it was a good time :)

Yes_says_no

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 13, 2008
I brought Melee up to college last year, when I lived in the dorms, and no one would play with me because they couldn't win. It was a depressing school year.

ShadowHydra

No Longer a Noob
Apr 11, 2005
Although I will undoubtedly buy the game, the amount I play it is only going to go as far as I have buds that will still play it with me; online or otherwise.

Yes_says_no

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 13, 2008
Although I will undoubtedly buy the game, the amount I play it is only going to go as far as I have buds that will still play it with me; online or otherwise.

Agreed. I played Brawl until I just got bored and had no desire. Once I beat Brawl, I went back to playing Melee. I'm hoping that I can play both Melee and SSB4 with an equal desire.