Nov 17, 2007
I look at the WALTER thing two ways. On one hand, in WWE's defense, there's no way they could've predicted that he'd be arguably the most over guy in the match...on the other hand, it's fucking WALTER. Why would you eliminate him FIRST?

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I look at the WALTER thing two ways. On one hand, in WWE's defense, there's no way they could've predicted that he'd be arguably the most over guy in the match...on the other hand, it's fucking WALTER. Why would you eliminate him FIRST?
I'm honestly more upset that Braun basically no-sold the chop, and took it like ". . . really?"

Which is how WALTER responds to jobbers chopping him

staple_gun_

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 11, 2017
I'm going to take a guess that they had someone else in mind(Dijak maybe?) but an injury changed plans.

They let WALTER come in, be dominant and get eliminated by a blindside in such a way that didn't alter the previously laid out story of the match in a big way.

xoxo

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I'm going to take a guess that they had someone else in mind(Dijak maybe?) but an injury changed plans.

They let WALTER come in, be dominant and get eliminated by a blindside in such a way that didn't alter the previously laid out story of the match in a big way.

xoxo
See, I feel like if Dijakovic was gonna be in, he'd have had Priest's spot. But that's just a theory

staple_gun_

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 11, 2017
I'm honestly more upset that Braun basically no-sold the chop, and took it like ". . . really?"

Devil's advocate: WALTER should have chopped him harder.

I'm almost wondering if WALTER was scared. Having seen some of the chops he's laid in, I was pretty underwhelmed when it landed on Braun.

xoxo

Nov 17, 2007

That I didn't take a lot of issue with. While no selling it was a bit much, It would've been weird if Braun sold it too much. Braun doesn't sell much of anything.

Also my FUCKING goodness how many times has Lawler said "miracle" during that match? God he's awful. No fucking subtlety lol.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
SMH, Rey. You couldn't give me a heads up? Two victories, including a title win, and he's just rotting away on my bench.

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Good to see Rollins leaning into his obnoxious qualities now. He feels so much more natural this way.

AWSMan

Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
has anyone else noticed that seth rollins is a really bad wrestler?

the man is doing babyface comeback spots as a heel. wtf.
Lol when he first turned face he was still wrestling like a heel for the longest.

Did he really turn though? The Raw results I read made it sound unclear.
I'd say he's started the process of turning heel but still considers himself a face, like Bayley before she murdered the Bayley Buddies. So I wouldn't expect him to completely change his wrestling style yet. He did try to use a chair at one point, though.

Nov 17, 2007
Yeah I don't think it's fair to criticize that aspect. He literally just turned yesterday and he's kinda doing the honest man Jericho schtick so it really would be unrealistically abrupt if he just suddenly changed his style.

Last edited:

Generation.Now

GENeral of the PWB
Feb 1, 2012
i mean, if hes attempting to convey a change in his alignment and achieve a different crowd reaction then he absolutely does need to alter the structure of his matches so that hes not building crowd support for himself lmao.

that's common sense.

staple_gun_

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 11, 2017
I mean... he's a guy who sold a knee injury by doing springboards and phoenix splashes. Why are y'all looking for logic in his matches?

xoxo

mitamaking

No Longer a Noob
Nov 22, 2013
I was curious to see what NWA would do this week because of you know who. Well they decided to ROH their show and have one small match and a ton, shit ton of video packages that was dull as hell.

NWA is in trouble.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
With a couple days of hindsight I'm still very much upset about this, but I guess if there was going to be one guy to get fucked over on a main roster PPV, it'd be the guy that's made it blatantly clear he never wants to be on the main roster

AWSMan

Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I was curious to see what NWA would do this week because of you know who. Well they decided to ROH their show and have one small match and a ton, shit ton of video packages that was dull as hell.

NWA is in trouble.
... Is that something ROH has been doing lately? I haven’t watched since Taven’s ascension, but they used to always have multiple matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
So some notes

-Mauro's reportedly not going to be at NXT tonight either, fuck Graves

-Becky's surpassed Ronda as the longest reigning RAW Women's Champion, short as that history is

-Tonight's NXT has two title matches: reDRagon defending the tag titles against Keith Lee and Dominick Dijakovic, and Lio Rush defending the Cruiserweight championship against Akira Tozawa . . . .who I'm pretty sure is on RAW . . . and I'm pretty sure HHH said all cross brand stuff ended at Survivor Series

mitamaking

No Longer a Noob
Nov 22, 2013

NWA is in trouble.
... Is that something ROH has been doing lately? I haven’t watched since Taven’s ascension, but they used to always have multiple matches.
I was exaggerating a bit, but if you haven't seen ROH lately they have two commentators who talk to the screen then bring us to highlights of some matches, some promos/packages, and normally one match to end the show. It makes the ROH show feel like an one hour ad for Honor Club.

staple_gun_

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 11, 2017
So some notes

-Mauro's reportedly not going to be at NXT tonight either, fuck Graves

-Becky's surpassed Ronda as the longest reigning RAW Women's Champion, short as that history is

-Tonight's NXT has two title matches: reDRagon defending the tag titles against Keith Lee and Dominick Dijakovic, and Lio Rush defending the Cruiserweight championship against Akira Tozawa . . . .who I'm pretty sure is on RAW . . . and I'm pretty sure HHH said all cross brand stuff ended at Survivor Series
If this is their way of quietly moving Tozawa to NXT, I won't argue

xoxo

staple_gun_

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 11, 2017
Just saying, Kevin Owens believes that the idea of heels and faces in wrestling is an antiquated notion so you know, I'm right.

xoxo

AWSMan

Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC

NWA is in trouble.
I was exaggerating a bit, but if you haven't seen ROH lately they have two commentators who talk to the screen then bring us to highlights of some matches, some promos/packages, and normally one match to end the show. It makes the ROH show feel like an one hour ad for Honor Club.
Thanks for the further confirmation I made the right choice to quit them.

Serpent.222

Super Star
Feb 13, 2012
Here. On a board. With you.

Did you really need more after Taven, though?

AWSMan

Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC

Did you really need more after Taven, though?
Nope, but it's nice to be reminded I chose correctly.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
Gen one of these days you're gonna have to unignore Staple since we ain't supposed to talk about AEW in the DT