CyberGlion

Prime Member
Oct 18, 2008
Tennessee
I think Simmons will be the better player. Point forward triple double threat who really needs to work on his jumper, which Ingram already has. Both will be great players but once Simmons develops a jumper I think the gap between them will only grow

I'd like to be wrong though because Lakers

MILLOTT

Prime Member
Oct 20, 2002
I would like to qualify my answer a bit more.

I think Ben Simmons will have the more high profile numbers and will likely be the bigger star but I think Ingram will be the player who be more conductive to winning and contending just because shooting is so valuable and I think he will prove to be the better defensive player long term.

I just have real questions about Ben Simmons being able to shoot the basketball well enough to play on the perimeter where I think he has a much better chance to be a quality defender. If he ends up playing as a PF I just don't think he will be conductive to having a good defense. If he develops a quality jump shot and three point range I think his length, athletic ability and rebounding will allow him to be a defensive terror at times especially with his ability to ignite the fast break off rebounds or steals or blocks.

If he lines up as a pure PF though I don't think he is really physical enough to hold his ground in the post or defend the paint in general from the strong side. Flying in from the weakside as a help defender and or grabbing rebounds out of his zone or dropping down to blitz a post up threat.

I think bulking up to handle doing the dirty work and taking the pounding at PF would be counter productive and take away from what makes him a special prospect as I think its too risky that bulking up would limit his ability to glide around the court.

Ingram is much easier to project as to what he is going to be with the only real question mark being how much he will fill out physically (my best guess being that he spends most of his career in the 6'9 215-220 lbs range after he fills out sometime early in his second contract.

His length, size, basketball IQ, work ethic, foot work and under rated athletic ability will allow him to be a quality defender even before he fills out and once he does fill out he will likely be just as underrated defensively as Durant has been.

Offensively with his length, size, high release point, foot work, feel for the game will allow him much like Durant and Nowitzki to get off a quality shot against nearly any defender at will. The limit to his ceiling offensively will be tied to his ability to create shots for others at volume like Durant or if instead goes the Nowitzki route where he will just be an insanely efficient scorer/shooter whom almost never makes negative plays?

Ideally he would split the difference as I don't think he has it in him to handle the usage load that Durant is able to as a guy that can take 20 shots per game while averaging 5 assists but at 3.5 turnovers he is forcing it often (though I think its a product of frustration from having to play with Westbrook and that his assist numbers will climb or at least his turnovers will dip dramatically now). My projection for Ingram's ceiling would be in the range of 24 PPG, 7 RPG, 3+ APG, 1 SPG, 1 BPG while keeping his TS% in the elite .565 or better and keeping his turnover in the low 2's.

JhaeGar

charged up
Jun 7, 2015
Simmons has the potential to be the next bron. Ingram could be the next kd. I'll take mini bron.

dovenails

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 30, 2015
I'll go with Ben Simmons because the whole "who will go #1" thing only included Ingram because you have to have at least two people. Simmons has a chance to be transcendent and the Sixers, while slow to solve their lopsided nature, are constructing their team around him. The major challenge he has right now is to raise his jump shooting ability to "okay".

Stunnerman

16 hours of B.O. Blocking POOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEERRRRR
Oct 6, 2005
Ingram obvs. But Simmons has been impressive so far in this SL.

BullsFan232000

No Longer a Noob
Jun 5, 2004
I think both are going to be great players but gave the nod to Ingram because of his shooting, 2 way potential, and I am a Duke fan as well lol.

elsweesy

No Longer a Noob
Mar 13, 2010
Watched every game Simmons played in college, but the Lakers drafted Ingram so gotta go Ingram

link22195

FREE MAX B
May 26, 2004
Simmons for sure. All he needs is a more consistent jumper...... ingram has a very week frame, and no not the same type durant had. ingram is a terrible post defender as well and a slower perm. defender as well. no real offensive post game. not super great at getting his own shot.

Simmons is athletic freak and smooth as hell, once his shooting gets down he will be a beast

link22195

FREE MAX B
May 26, 2004
Simmons has the potential to be the next bron. Ingram could be the next kd. I'll take mini bron.

I love simmons but lmao no.

Lebron was still on a diff level......think about if Lebron went to college for a year and even played on that same LSU team. What Lebrons #'s would have been......or if Simmons played as a rookie in last years league without going to college. Pretty big gap. I think simmons will be great, athletic wise can def somewhat be compared to some of the things lebron can do, but long way to go to even be considered that he will be at that level

JhaeGar

charged up
Jun 7, 2015

Lebron was still on a diff level......think about if Lebron went to college for a year and even played on that same LSU team. What Lebrons #'s would have been......or if Simmons played as a rookie in last years league without going to college. Pretty big gap. I think simmons will be great, athletic wise can def somewhat be compared to some of the things lebron can do, but long way to go to even be considered that he will be at that level
Been watching his summer league games and he's playing as selfless and as agile as I've ever seen a big play

BuckShots222

No Longer a Noob
Dec 8, 2008

Even teenage Lebron wasn't saving LSU..

BuckShots222

No Longer a Noob
Dec 8, 2008
Lets think about this for a second, Simmons was so good playing out of position that people thought he was strictly a big man in college.

Nobody saw this awareness and flat out point guard skill coming. The kid is a beast in the making, period

ListenToTheKidsBro

No Longer a Noob
Apr 1, 2016
Simmons will be better, reminds me of Jason Kidd if he had sex with Lebron and some Australian woman who gave him a good hairline gene

Blaze23x

I Can't Think Of Anything Cool...
Mar 21, 2004
So how do we feel about this in 2021? Bi hasn't ben to the Playoffs and Ben has been a bum in this playoffs and was on the bench in crunch time of a game 7.

-Faizon-

Chicken Tetrazini
Dec 29, 2001
So how do we feel about this in 2021? Bi hasn't ben to the Playoffs and Ben has been a bum in this playoffs and was on the bench in crunch time of a game 7.

Tough one, I still like Ben, but seems like he has a huge ceiling to his game at this point in his career. He's just going to have to play center if he's not going to shoot.

Brandon Ingram is full of potential, but, still have yet to turn it into winning.