Bonemeal2pointOh

Sleep enthusiast
Jan 26, 2003
Mt. Perdition, Gallifrey
FOLLOW UP:

Yep. I bought it. Arcade Mode alone, is keeping me busy. I do still plan to get GT-6 within a few months. If for no other reason than an up-to-date roster of cars. I understand PD is saying they intend to release 28 concept cars over the course of this year.

vyto2

Star
Jul 25, 2001
Load times are faster, thank god! I do find that waiting till the background changes to a moving scene after the first still pic at tracks, it will launch quicker. If you launch the race while the still pic is up, it seems to stick.

I can agree with most of mr pops post, except the carts. Can't stand the twitchy things. I come out of a turn, go to lay the power down and the damn thing spins sideways. The tiny courses require tons of coasting and very little throttle. I find if you don't jump as much of the AI as soon as you can they just bury you as the lead cars leave you in the dust. And god forbid one taps you, off you go. On the fast tracks an off will mire you back so far you'll be lucky to get back to 6th by the end. I do have to tweak the gearing, trying for top end leaves the car too sluggish on acceleration. shortening the gearing would fix that, but will the car run out of umph on the fast parts?

Another thing that bothered me were the S class races. Because there are no true enduros, they tried to mix elements of that with this last group of races. The time change went overboard, it got too dark, too fast. If I didn't use the driving line on Nurburgring I wouldn't have been able to stay on the road at all. And the tire wear and gas consumption was way to quick too. The Lemans race I couldn't make 3 laps, I'd run out of gas at 2 3/4's and coast to the pits while falling way behind. Changing tires, the next sets wouldn't even hold up for 2 laps unless you used racing hard. Which is counter to the track being over 60% wet. You'd want to at least use intermediate, but they were garbage before finishing the second lap and then the car couldn't even go in a straight line. So you're forced to use hards and baby the car in slippery areas.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2014
So I really really want to buy GT6. I loved GT5 but there was several things I hated like the fact that there was so many useless things (carwash etc.), boring races after awhile, and no car damage. But I got over it and enjoyed the game as much as I could.
So after I heard that GT6 had no car damage I was sooo disappointed but it was whatever. Now with day one micro transactions??
I want this game but so far there is literally no reason for me to buy it. Please... Convince me!

Hi there, here are some vids of Arcade mode racing gameplay. Car damage is not necessary in these laps....I always aimed to not hit anything in a race or do anything to damage the car...kind of need the car to be in good condition to get to end of race.

Hope you enjoy these replays, thanks for watching. Cheers mate

Jaguar XJR-9 @ Nurburgring Nordschleife

Red Bull X2014 Junior @ Nurburgring Nordschleife

Red Bull X2014 Junior @ Rome

Last edited: