Phantom-Pain

Still not Kojima
Mar 16, 2007
Theres probably more chance of Stargazer and War in the Pocket MS being in the game than Crossbone, Sentinel and Meaningless War MS.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
well, I have been saying I would like ALEX in the game. And quite frankly, U.C gains prioty over any other timeline.

Phantom-Pain

Still not Kojima
Mar 16, 2007
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5TzJgay79w]In-game unit selection showing all playable MS. (DLC characters still not available no doubt)[/link]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU0fERw_iRo]Turn X gameplay kind've showing how awesome the unit is now. The Turn X's trademark attack, a joint musou "Bloody Siege" has to be seen to be believed at 7:10. It shreds Aces like paper even on Hard mode.[/link]

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
whoa, Turn X is pretty beast. I heard that Heavyarms is good tier too because of it's long range.

Alas, sadly, The Deathscythe seems to be getting marked down as low tier for Ace suits, for having a bad SP that only hits a few enemies, and a lousy combo that doesn't move forward, so it has to rely on the enemies to keep walking into it. A shame really.

Phantom-Pain

Still not Kojima
Mar 16, 2007
So unsurprisingly the DLC is getting panned out across time to keep interest fresh into the game even after a long while.

This also means they probably have no interest into adding to the cast anymore then they've already planned for too. #-o

Guess we'll have to wait until next time (which seems likely) for those missing MS we all want lol.

Gundam Musou 3 sold a ton in Japan btw, so it's little surprising there'll probably be another sequel eventually in the future.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
oh yeah! Totaly. The week it was released, it was the 2nd highest selling game, with #1 being one of them Monster Hunter games. These Koei Games are quite a bit more popular amongst people despite their lower ratings on IGN and such for being "repeditive"

Phantom-Pain

Still not Kojima
Mar 16, 2007
Frankly only the MS additions have genuinely surprised me this time around.

The removal of space missions is just plain bad and the introduction of smaller stages is the most recent Dynasty Warriors games all over again to compensate for the graphical change. Koei can be just plain lazy or greedy the majority of the time.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
lol, wow. Did Phantom-Pain just make a Jew-esque joke at Koei, not bad.

Im noticing this trend in video games series now, where they are replacing quantity for quality. At this point, nothing surprises me.

But I wouldn't call the space missions 'removed' they are just on a surface in space, rather than being a 'zero gravity' plain, which was really no different from a surface level anyways, with the exception that some land based mobile suit couldn't be used there.

Phantom-Pain

Still not Kojima
Mar 16, 2007
Considering alot of Gundam shows having more spacial combat than others: 0079, Zeta, ZZ, Wing, SEED and 00. It seems kind've silly to leave something like that out imo.

thotrott

Noob
Oct 5, 2010
I have played warriors games for a long time and Dynasty Warriors Gundam has had the most improvement compared to Dynasty and Samurai since they add instead of take away cough (DW6) with the exception of johnny. The number one thing though is that the voice acting is in a way higher league. The number one problem isnt really the voice actors in the other games but really some of the lines are retarded in DW6 and it was funny in DW2-4 but it starts to get old. I have high hopes for DWG3 and DW7. DWG3 will get to the US since its doing so well and it will get here before DW7 in march 4 sure but the dubing does take a while so i am thinking early February and if lucky early January but if the dubing already started perhaps sooner

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
Phantom-Pain said:
Considering alot of Gundam shows having more spacial combat than others: 0079, Zeta, ZZ, Wing, SEED and 00. It seems kind've silly to leave something like that out imo.

Well, in my realization, a lot of the Gundam shows follow a formula. Start in space, go to earth, return to space for the final battle. This is very strongly true for many of the series.

thotrott

Noob
Oct 5, 2010
Very true. I mean the Gundam series is amazing but it has many reoccurring themes. Like Gundam 00 was my favourite gundam series because it was more balance like the gundams werent to overpowered in my opinion and it was very original with a few similarities to wing and slowly it fell into the stereotypes of the majority of the gundam series. By the 2nd season I didnt understand how it was a remake of wing. It reminded me more of seed and the UC series especially in season 2. There are a few Gundam series that are very original like G Gundam, After War Gundam X, and UC era since it started. I think the most reoccurring theme is that the guy with the mask is the main enemy or rival.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
thotrott said:
Very true. I mean the Gundam series is amazing but it has many reoccurring themes. Like Gundam 00 was my favourite gundam series because it was more balance like the gundams werent to overpowered in my opinion and it was very original with a few similarities to wing and slowly it fell into the stereotypes of the majority of the gundam series. By the 2nd season I didnt understand how it was a remake of wing. It reminded me more of seed and the UC series especially in season 2. There are a few Gundam series that are very original like G Gundam, After War Gundam X, and UC era since it started. I think the most reoccurring theme is that the guy with the mask is the main enemy or rival.

It has always been a Gundam thing to have a 'Char-Clone.' And the Char clones are usually in villainous roles. HOWEVER! Some of the time-lines have some special-ness with their Char-clone(s) example:

The After-Colony char-clone Zechs Marquise is a combonation of all 3 Char personalities (Original Rival, Quattro Hero, and Char Counterattack Dark Messiah). This makes him one of the most re-knowned Char Clones, but also takes from his personality because it makes him so bi-polar in a shorter amount of time that the fans may not like him for being so sudden to change.

Both Cosmic Era shows follws a formula of having 3 main char clones, each representing a Char personality. Seed: Athrun = Original Char, Mu La Flaga = Quattro, Rau Le Creuset = Char's Counterattack. Destiny: Neo Roanoke = Original Char, Athrun = Quattro, and (SPOILER ALERT)Gilbert Durrandal = Char's Counterattack

The Gundam Makers like to mix their shows up.

Phantom-Pain

Still not Kojima
Mar 16, 2007
[image=http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6411/susanowogm3.jpg]

Susanowo and Graham Aker are out on Thursday as the first DLC character release. (an MS my alt is looking forward to lol)

It's confirmed Susanowo IS a class 1 MS and included in the DLC package is also selectable mission specifically designed with Graham/Bushido in mind so theres no need for concerns there. But whats actually troubling is that you can play online with Graham/Bushido but you can't play online with Susanowo just yet. (perhaps because a patch is not available just yet for the additional in-game MS whilst Graham/Bushido is already on the disc encoded)

EDIT - Oh yeah and my import copy of the game just turned up this morning. :D

nfen84life

Noob
Jan 19, 2007
I got mine a while back. Here is a tip, try not to waste money on leveling up characters you don't really care to play with. It's very tempting to do so, but I caution against it. You might have a ton of extra money at the beginning but as time goes on you will need more of it.

thotrott

Noob
Oct 5, 2010
Wow I never put it together that all three chars have been put into the other series but now that you say it i see it. I see it more clearly in seed since it is a remake in wing its easy to see in zechs but heero as quatro not as much since heero is a more messed up individual. Out of all the chars i think i like the quatro form the best and the old char is my least favourite since he kinda went completely evil(in my opinion.) I hope they add Mu la Flaga and his other form as a dlc though along schwartz and some other series that have like two pilots to choose from.

Btw those who got the imports tell us how good it is compared to the previous two cause i dont want to expect too much although I will probably get addicted to it anyways.

Phantom-Pain

Still not Kojima
Mar 16, 2007
How exactly do you unlock the first of the groups fully? (Amuro, Setsuna and Kou)

The other three stories with Banagher, Garrod and Full Frontal?

I love spamming the GP01 Zephyranthes' C2 on enemy aces. :^O

ZhouTaiRoks

No Longer a Noob
Mar 24, 2003
Never mind, figured it out. I left an important terminal message that triggers the chapter mission right at the bottom of my game's inbox.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Wd2M7eGrY]Susanowo gameplay is finally out guys.[/link] Love the aerial Tri-Punisher musou attack and the spinning Souten musou attack.

Susanowo whilst Trans-Am'd and using a speed booster is greased lightning. :^O

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
this is more of a question from my friend, but who does Heero team up with directly. like, I know he with Team A- Those who agree with each other, and he is on the For Peace Half of the roster, but, who is he directly fighting along side with?

Phantom-Pain

Still not Kojima
Mar 16, 2007
Team A/Chapter A (those that understand one another) is mostly just the main characters of the whole mythos and the more innocent/good characters like the lesser Gundam ZZ characters.

So far from Chapter A i've seen: Amuro, Kou, Kamille, Heero, Judau, Kira

Leveling up relationships takes an enormous priority in this game, sometimes you unlock characters by just playing along with the Chapter missions in the original story but you can also unlock supporting characters like Kai by completing History missions showcasing the events from different series.

If eventually you get a character to appear on your relationship chart than all you need do is level them up to Level 3 on the chart in order to make them selectable.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
I see. Oh, on the subject of unanswered things. Can you all who played it so far identify what exactly the 'Operators' are, what they do? and if there are any differences between them?

ZhouTaiRoks

No Longer a Noob
Mar 24, 2003
Operators are just mission commentators. They comments on enemy fields being taken or the status of the army sometimes. They do little else but serve in that capacity. Of course who you choose for the role is up to you.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
ZhouTaiRoks said:
Operators are just mission commentators. They comments on enemy fields being taken or the status of the army sometimes. They do little else but serve in that capacity. Of course who you choose for the role is up to you.

Oh. I can totally dig that.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
I wonder if people who are lesser familiar with Gundam Wing will look at Talgesse II and ask " Talgesse II? Where is Talgeese I?" or something like that

ZhouTaiRoks

No Longer a Noob
Mar 24, 2003
SURPRISE!

[image=http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8200/64369114.jpg] [image=http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1916/62761458.jpg] [image=http://img602.imageshack.us/img602/9559/65929582.jpg]
Marida Cruz and the Kshatriya get released today.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om_EfCP-X50]And as this vid proves, the Kshatriya is DOOM incarnate just like in Unicorn. :^O [face_cool][/link]

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
IS it just me, or does it seem like all previous mobile suits are being obsolete because all the 00 Gundam and Gundam Unicorn Mobile suits are just way over powered. I mean, Nu Gundam, Wing Zero, Strike Freedom, Turn A, take all their best moves, whether it be a big beam/blast, huge exploding move, deadly vortexing round attacks,etc, and all the 00/Unicorn suits just do them all bigger, stronger, and better.

ZhouTaiRoks

No Longer a Noob
Mar 24, 2003
So it's kind've confirmed by Kshatriya's simply ridiculous maxed out stats, moveset and crowd control abilities. It's by far the best/strongest playable MS in the game no... series, to date. It's already hitting the top on alot of Japanese gamers' tier listings that usually carried the Zeong, God Gundam and Musha Gundams.

Guess we have to remember, the Kshatriya is a small mobile armor if anything. A revised and updated version of the Quin Mantha. Making mobile armor playable is making Chuck Norris playable in this kind've game.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
Rocketshadowsaber said:
That Kshatriya is defentaly the most powerful mobile suit in the game. How tall does a mobile suit have to be considered a mobile armor?

Mobile Armor's are mobile weapons that dont take on the form of a humanoid shape. Though that does include those that are just larger in size, like the Pycho Gundam's for instance (Think Greek Mythology, the differences between Gods/Demi-Gods and Titans). So take the general average height of a Mobile Suit, and make the suit bigger and wider than those averages suits, and you have a Mobile Armor. I know, it's complicated, and that prolly wasn't the best explantion for it.

nfen84life

Noob
Jan 19, 2007
I would have to say that it isn't consistent. In general, definitely non-humanoids and extra large units are considered mobile armors. As far as the suits that are somewhat bigger, i.e. Quin Mantha, is where uncertainty begins to settle in. Sometimes this particular suit would is considered a mobile armor, DWG. Other times it is considered just a mobile suit, Battle Assault.

Oct 15, 2008
Tylerox9 said:
Rocketshadowsaber said:
That Kshatriya is defentaly the most powerful mobile suit in the game. How tall does a mobile suit have to be considered a mobile armor?

Mobile Armor's are mobile weapons that dont take on the form of a humanoid shape. Though that does include those that are just larger in size, like the Pycho Gundam's for instance (Think Greek Mythology, the differences between Gods/Demi-Gods and Titans). So take the general average height of a Mobile Suit, and make the suit bigger and wider than those averages suits, and you have a Mobile Armor. I know, it's complicated, and that prolly wasn't the best explantion for it.

Thanks for letting me know.

ZhouTaiRoks

No Longer a Noob
Mar 24, 2003
Rocketshadowsaber said:
I wonder why the decided to add the GM custom from 0080 war in pocket instead of adding Gundam Alex and it's pilot Christina Mackenzie?
Chris could've worked, had she appeared alone. Hell even Mikhail might've worked, had he appeared alone. It would've been hard for them to present a rivallry between two characters from War in the Pocket when they are simply unknown to one another anyway. The point of the OVA was that Chris and Bernie had no idea that the other was piloting the MS they were currently engaged with.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
I was really hoping Bernie and the ALEX would make it too. Cuz, I thought Bernie was awesome, and not just because he is voiced by David Hayter. The Gundam ALEX was pretty cool for it's simplicity. And I had an awesome Story idea with the team up of Bernie, Lunamaria Hawke, and Uso, where Bernie lies to them about being a super acem which impresses Luna since she loves Super Aces, and bedazzles the kid part of Uso, but it turns out he isn't all that hot stuff, but he learns from the other two. that would of been awesome.

ZhouTaiRoks

No Longer a Noob
Mar 24, 2003
You and your fan fiction lol.

I must admit i wanted the Puru, Domon and Milliardo team again in this game. :(

But then we got the "Those that fight one another" storyline which introduces the most badass team in Gundam ever made:

Full Frontal
Treize Khushrenada
Duo Maxwell
Yazan Gable
Anavel Gato
Gym Ghingnham
Master Asia
Schwarz Bruder
Ramba Ral
Dozle Zabi

That IS pretty badass. :^O

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
Admitively, that is a cool team, tis not the most badass. The only Badass parts of that team is Gato and Yazan. Though Ghingaham IS more awesome with Yazan. And Frontal and Treize are ok too. But thats not MOST badass material

Most badass team is Team A) Those who Agree with each other. I mean, it already has Amuro "Mother Fucking" Ray, Kamille "THE MAN" Bidan, and Kira "Sweet-Jesus" Yamato who make up the three most powerful Newtypes in the entire franchise, and 3 of the most popularly badass awesome. But then it also has Setsuna, who is a Gundam btw (lol), and cool supporters like Kou and Beecha. Now that is a team made of epic win.

ZhouTaiRoks

No Longer a Noob
Mar 24, 2003
So wow. One of the new DLC missions is entirely centered around taking down 10,000 MS single handedly.

ZhouTaiRoks

No Longer a Noob
Mar 24, 2003
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKfAXy5jwB8]Power[/link] is the only track i've seen from Gundam 00 on the disc so far.

As for the MS question, the DLC mission requires you to take down 10,000 random MS in order to win.

Theres also one coming out this or next week which has you fighting all Mobile Armor on one stage. Several at same time too lol.

Talons82

Noob
Mar 7, 2011
Hopefuly DWGIII comes out in the summerbefore gears of war III. Question can any one help me with this problem? I use to go by rocketshadowsaber when I posted my comments but today when got onto IGN my account was log out I tried to log back in with my email adress and password they told me error. I tried several different ways to try to log in with my old name with no luck so I had to log in with a different name and pass word. Any help would be appreciated.

Mar 20, 2008
Tylerox9 said:
I wonder if people who are lesser familiar with Gundam Wing will look at Talgesse II and ask " Talgesse II? Where is Talgeese I?" or something like that

I like that they finally put the tallgeese in the game I had been wanting that from the first game it's a shame that it took three game before we got to see him but that being said I would have rather seen Tallgeese I. Optimistically though I would like to see all three Tallgeese in the game all piloted by Zechs of course cuz well it's been a while since I have seen the anime but Treize sucked & if I remember right Zechs spent more time in Tallgeese II anyway.

Talons82

Noob
Mar 7, 2011
Guan_Yu1980 said:
Tylerox9 said:

I like that they finally put the tallgeese in the game I had been wanting that from the first game it's a shame that it took three game before we got to see him but that being said I would have rather seen Tallgeese I. Optimistically though I would like to see all three Tallgeese in the game all piloted by Zechs of course cuz well it's been a while since I have seen the anime but Treize sucked & if I remember right Zechs spent more time in Tallgeese II anyway.

I felt the same way. During the first game I liked playing Millardo but have to use Wing Zero over Epyon. To me the Epyon gundam was falling little short in both I & II games. All of it's weapons are close range and limited attack capabilities limites the Epyon in major battles. I would love to see Tallgeese III as a futur DLC or in DWGIV. When I play DWGIII I am going to get Zechs the licens for the Tallgeese II as fast as I so I don't have to pilot the Epyon.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
Talons82 said:
Guan_Yu1980 said:
Tylerox9 said:

I felt the same way. During the first game I liked playing Millardo but have to use Wing Zero over Epyon. To me the Epyon gundam was falling little short in both I & II games. All of it's weapons are close range and limited attack capabilities limites the Epyon in major battles. I would love to see Tallgeese III as a futur DLC or in DWGIV. When I play DWGIII I am going to get Zechs the licens for the Tallgeese II as fast as I so I don't have to pilot the Epyon.

Unless you have a specific build on your epyon, it is very low tier. even if you did do it, it's still only really useful on aces. he has no crowd control.
I was kind of always curious on why they used Epyon anyways. Zechs seemed to be much more oriented with Talgeese', piloting two of them, opposed to his one gundam. I guess it just because it was a gundam they used it.