bpcoyote85

Noob
Jun 23, 2003
Same... I miss TotW and various other things. This season really made me appreciate how much work you do to make these fantasy seasons awesome. Thanks dquig!

dquigley

titleless
Sep 20, 2003
Less NHL lockouts and better NHL console games is a good start. We need to hook people in right around when the new games launch, but if there's no season to go along with that this board is going to be pretty barren by the time January rolls around. As far as something we can control, no I don't really know.

DaGamingMonkey

Vintage RARE A+++ LOOK LOOK NR
Mar 5, 2003
This league needs to evolve, it may be time to break free from the (dare i say it) IGN boards and start a more serious league. Put something on the line like say.... Money

dquigley

titleless
Sep 20, 2003
We've already been not-strictly-IGN in the past with things like inviting back @peach_cobbler. I've never been opposed to bringing in people who aren't from IGN if needed to fill out the league. I'm in more of a wait and see for next year. Hopefully we can get a bump in traffic and with a season starting on time get a full active league. I've enjoyed the four divisions of four setup we've been using but for the health of the league we might have to trim down. Really I envisioned the keeper as the long term league for those of us that have been around forever just in case the yearly one that has been more tied to IGN ever had to fall through for whatever reason. I'm open to any ideas to get this going better but I will say that personally I have no interest in gambling on fantasy sports, and as a commissioner it doesn't sound appealing to be trying to chase down money before a year starts and scramble to make changes if somebody doesn't pay up. And that's not to say that can't be the direction the league moves in, but I don't know that I'd be participating.

bpcoyote85

Noob
Jun 23, 2003
I'm not sure money is the correct way to go. I enjoy the league for the competitiveness. I would like to see every team be active though and money is a good incentive to make that happen.

ted1085

No Longer a Noob
Jun 27, 2005

dquigley

titleless
Sep 20, 2003
We need at least three more people to really do this and it might be tough given there's practically zero board activity and the game just game out.

If you're already in the league on Yahoo please use this link http://doodle.com/zghf63z528y7hssd to list what times work for you for drafting.

ted1085

No Longer a Noob
Jun 27, 2005
Is yahoo ever going to fix the D and Offense eligibility for players like Burns and Byfuglien

dquigley

titleless
Sep 20, 2003
Wouldn't have made the league if I wasn't going to try. I'll have a new post up next week and try to start getting some new people to fill it out.