KawhiSenpai

No Longer a Noob
Apr 4, 2017
He was a freak athlete with monstrous strength. I think the modern NBA would treat him better healthwise (what'd he average one year? 48.5 minutes per game or something like that?) lol. I love old Wilt and his stories (even if some of them are bewildering).

CyberneticGliscor

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 15, 2017
California
As a player he's an all-timer but he's overrated. He's barely top 10, Shaq and Duncan were both better than Wilt and Hakeem probably was too. Early 60s Wilt was very overrated; it took missing the playoffs in 1963 and Russell winning his 5th title before he became a more complete, team-oriented player, leading virtually the same roster + rookie Thurmond to the finals the next season. How are you that gifted playing in the 60s leading a team to 31 wins? This was back when it was truly a big man's game, he doesn't get the same pass a guy like Robertson gets. Now 66-68 Wilt on the other hand was probably as good as any center outside of 3 peat Shaq.

But anyway, I think with how far back it was there's a lot of hyperbole especially with his 20,000 women claim. There's no question he was a freak of nature who lived a very active life, but Wilt benefited from an earlier time period where it was a lot easier to get away with tall tales. In many ways he's the Babe Ruth of basketball, and like the Great Bambino his legend has far outgrown his already massive stature.

RyanRogers013

I don't need therapy.. I'm just mentally ill
Jul 7, 2006
Best Wilt story ever. Dude was moonlighting as a pro basketball player and DOMINATING as a junior in HS :^O

GOAT

MILLOTT

Prime Member
Oct 20, 2002
He was the real deal and would have been just as dominant in any era maybe not the same stats but he is still the most athletic 7'1 275 lbs guy to ever lace them up.

RyanRogers013

Jul 7, 2006
He was the real deal and would have been just as dominant in any era maybe not the same stats but he is still the most athletic 7'1 275 lbs guy to ever lace them up.
Prime Wilt today averages 25/15/5/3/2 on elite efficiency and wins DPOY and MVP

He's athletic enough to move with today's bigs but he would be infinitely stronger than any of them. He would push these guys around like kids.

RyanRogers013

Jul 7, 2006
Half this video is Wilt giving Bill buckets up the ass lmao
Rofl. The body language of Russell on most of those post ups its like he already knows too. And people act like Russell was superior cuz RANGS. sad.