Oct 21, 2014
I know I'm a total noob when it comes to this game.. I haven't played Diablo since the very first one came out in 1996 and I was playing on my computer running Windows 95... that was a very long time ago!! Though I'm not new to RPG's. I've been playing RPG's since I was in diapers. My mother always tells me that's how I learned how to read and write by the age of 2. Anyway.. I downloaded the demo on my Xbox, liked it and decided to buy it. I'm still confused at some things in the game.. like the fact that I have an axe equipped but can only use magic.. what's the point of me carrying around a weapon then? I've been looking for online walkthroughs but can't seem to find any. Would anybody like to help me out with any suggestions for a new player? I know you can play co-op online with other people.. my GT is aNakedCupcake if anyone would like to join in on a game :)

Sep 23, 2015
It depends on what class you are playing. I main witch doctor, which uses ranged attacks and minions to fight.

If your playing a class that doesn't melee, then the weapon/secondary holding item would be for that stats/buffs it gives you.

Health on hit, health per second, mana regen per second, and stat boosts all connected to your weapon are why you would have it.