D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
NHL called Vegas GM George McPhee and apologized for the 5 minute major on Eakin in game 7 vs the Sharks. The refs in that game are not scheduled to work in round 2.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/04/25/nhl-to-vegas-golden-knights-we-messed-up/

--Interesting that they admitted the screw up, but doesnt change anything.

Doesn't change the fact Vegas had Games 5, 6, & 7 to close it out.

They blew it. Plain and simple.
I mean they close it out if the refs don't blow the call in game 7

but yeah major penalties/ejections being reviewable would definitely be good for the game and I expect all the other teams to support the rule change.

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
NHL called Vegas GM George McPhee and apologized for the 5 minute major on Eakin in game 7 vs the Sharks. The refs in that game are not scheduled to work in round 2.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/04/25/nhl-to-vegas-golden-knights-we-messed-up/

--Interesting that they admitted the screw up, but doesnt change anything.

Not the first time GMGM has gotten that call. Not sure anyone else has a bigger collection, either that or he just has a tendency to leak it to the media more.

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
SO all 4 Conference final teams will have won a game 7 going into the Con Finals. Fairly close playoffs overall.

No teams I really dislike that much left, so I have a harder time getting super invested into the games. Lots of recent Caps remaining too so they often cancel eachother out still too.

I like watching the Avs the most, but feel like the Sharks or Blues fanbases need a cup. Canes are spoiler with playoff success in their limited adventures into the playoffs and Bruins won kind of recently (well compared to not at all). Eh...whatever. Just hope the Conference Finals are good.

May 12, 2019
St Louis VS Boston in the finals

That hand pass by Karlsson shown on the giant TV they have at the arena was degrading to blues fans.