Baby_King_Bob

No Longer a Noob
Jan 14, 2004
making room for those guys wouldn't be too tricky. myers, perrault, mason can each be moved without hurting the team much. the problem is next year when Laine, Connor, and Wheeler need more money.

I'd love to see the flowchart in Chevy's office ha

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster

overpay on a short deal but Vegas has a shitload of cap so I very much doubt it makes a difference

I guess they really like his locker room influence

Last edited by a moderator:

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
I don't suspect Vegas to have to worry about the Salary Cap in that timespan but thats not really the type of contract I'd want to have Reaves on.

----

Looks like the Caps will lose Beagle, Grubauer, Orpik (maybe?), and Trotz of the first choice 21. Chiasson and Jerabek look likely to leave as well.

Overall not bad to return the top goalie, 9 forwards, and 4 defenseman from the cup winning team but the PK is gonna need a makeover without Beagle and Orpik.

Tavares needs to hurry the fuck up.

69los

Mr. Grumble
Nov 9, 2000
edit: didn't see the link under all the tweets.

Let the neverending rebuilding commence. :(

Last edited:

vornoff

Mother Canucker
Mar 21, 2001
have i ever told you guys, what a sick joke of a gm jim benning is?

fuck me.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
have i ever told you guys, what a sick joke of a gm jim benning is?

fuck me.

Oh, we all know that Beagle, Roussel, and Schaller are the three pillars a champion are built upon.

I’m still in ‘you and one job’ mode for the Devils. One job. Sign De Haan. Hasn’t happened yet but he hasn’t signed anywhere else yet either.

Last edited:

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Happy for Beagle, nice to see him get paid but part of me still doesn'tt want to see him in another teams jersey. That contract isn't that bad on a team that had a shot to make some noise in the playoffs (and had some key pieces on cheap contracts the next 2 years), but its seems bad on Vancouver. Beagle plays every shift of every game like its the playoffs, no off switch. He's been with the Caps org 3rd longest of the players that had won the cup, just gonna feel wrong not having him on the team anymore. Think losing him will be a bigger deal then Trotz tbh.

Baby_King_Bob

No Longer a Noob
Jan 14, 2004

overpay on a short deal but Vegas has a shitload of cap so I very much doubt it makes a difference

I guess they really like his locker room influence

mcphee has a great quote on why they want reaves, "he keeps the flies off the honey" haha

69los

Mr. Grumble
Nov 9, 2000
Awwwwww yeah! Isles cornering the market on grit.

#LoseForHughes

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
Rumblings on Twitter that Karlsson is off to Tampa. I seriously hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Awful. Just awful. I expected skinners price to include at least a first rounder or a first-round-caliber prospect.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

♪ Your delusions are yours, and not mine ♪
Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
I would assume Skinner intends on hitting the open market and wouldn't guarantee re-upping with a trade partner. Can't think of another reason he went so cheap.

Last edited:

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
The story was that Skinner had no intention of re-upping with the Canes. Buffalo was one of the few locations he wanted to go.

Weak return to Carolina? Yes but it's better than nothing at all at the end of the year (see Bruins with Loui Erikkson a few years back)

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
A spot on Eichel's wing is probably a good thing for his stats and thus his next contract.

I'm not yet convinced they upgraded their goaltending. Whenever you pick up a goalie who has looked good as a backup it's always a risk that they flounder as a starter. Look at Scott Darling last year. Hell, look at the last few times Buffalo brought in a backup hoping to make into a starter (Lehner, Johnson)

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2003
Toronto might be close but buffalo is still a trash hole. the city they forgot to finish..

That's a fact. I can't say I've ever been to a worse city than Buffalo.

If there's ever been the perfect case study for stadiums/arenas not benefiting the local economy and therefore cities should not pay for them its Buffalo.

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
Habs traded Pacioretty to Vegas for Tatar, Suzuki and a 2nd. That’s big.
7f8c811e3fd9804f62c4f39c010ce119.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk