UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
It's that time of year again, the start of the NHL season. Puck drops Wednesday Night, Vegas debuts later in the week and the Ageless Wonder has finally signed

Should be a fun year guys.

Nov 24, 2005
Montreal
Bold predictions!

- Toronto finishes bottom 5 in the east.
- a goalie who is a back up at the start of the season is a finalist for the vezina
- the first coach to be fired will be Paul Maurice. The 2nd will be Alain Vigneault
- the difference between the art ross winner and 2nd place will be over 20 points.
- Mathews won't break 25 goals.
- Patches wins the Richard
- Chicago misses the playoffs
- A team announces relocation to quebec city at the all star break

HuskerTornado

♪ Your delusions are yours, and not mine ♪
Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Jagr saying this is almost assuredly his final season. So no more #JagrWatch unless Calgary looks to be missing the playoffs and we get a TDL watch.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
It is a nice touch.

Also the 3 time winners getting 3 extra diamonds is a solid bonus. Of course Mario gets the best ring with 5 extra diamonds, though. Haha

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Not a fan of the ticky-tack slash calls. Especially when interference is still given a blind-eye. Hard to tell a light tap from a harder slash at full speed, I suppose.

Also, I need help figuring out what a kicking motion is.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Not unexpected, but the Pens have some work to do, looking really sloppy. Need a couple of guys to graduate from the AHL quickly to bolster the bottom 6 and probably still need to trade for that 3C. Likely rough going for the first month or two of the season.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
DeBrusk, Bjork, & McAvoy are fitting in well so far for the Bruins.

DeBrusk & McAvoy with some good goals too. Bjork's been getting A's

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
There's probably something to be said about the team that allowed 13 shots against him in just over 9 minutes.

That's on pace for about an 84-shot-against game.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
There's probably something to be said about the team that allowed 13 shots against him in just over 9 minutes.

That's on pace for about an 84-shot-against game.
There's no doubt the defense is having a brutal start to the year, as are most of the forwards in the d-zone. But I can't believe how slow Niemi is in his reactions and his lateral movement.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Already a facepalm on the Vegas front.

Vegas sent down their planned first line center Vadim Shipachyov before Tuesday's roster deadline to meet roster and cap requirements, but it was widely accepted to be a 'paper transaction' - he was still to play in the opener and wasn't expected to actually report to the AHL.

Well, apparently they failed to make the roster room to actually be able to recall him in time for tonight's game. So in their franchise's NHL opener, their most talented player will be ineligible to play.

Good work, guys.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
Knights 100% win percentage folks

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Game plan: play badly, get wildly outshot, but keep it close because Fleury. Injure opposing team’s starter and pot two quick late goals against the cold backup coming off the bench. Sure fire win strat. Fleury will be the only healthy starter left in the league by Christmas.

dquigley

titleless
Sep 20, 2003
Well over a decade of fantasy hockey and I still never remember that people play day games on Columbus Day

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
the good: Auston Matthews da next great American player
the bad: the leafs look good again

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Can't think of a better start for a new franchise in a new market than going 3-0 the way they have. Great way to start building a fan base.

Good escapism, if only a few hours here and there, for the locals as well after the tragedy last week.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Jersey's preseason form has certainly carried over. Think they are the Blue Jackets from last year?

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
For now I'm thinking more like the 13-14 Avs. One inexplicably good season running a first-overall-picked rookie from the preceding draft, as the stars align... followed by a return to earth in following seasons.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
Subban gets the win against the Bruins

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
Knights 6-1 now on their 3rd string goalie with his first win

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Yeah, first impressions of Niemi that I posted in here from his first game were accurate. Guy is a complete mess, looks destined to finish his career in Europe starting very soon.

Pens' play in front of him is poor, but he doesn't stop much of anything. Every time a shot is on its way, you close your eyes. I think he does too.

We'll see how DeSmith does in a backup role while Jarry gets his starts in the A.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
Golden Knights smash the Blackhawks to move to 7-1 on the season

just like everyone expected

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
7-0 blowout victory for the Knights on Nevada day

Dansk gets the first shutout for the franchise