deity_of_death

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar
Sep 6, 2000
Sorry it took so long for me to join up, been away on vacation the last week and a half and the internet access where I was was pathetic so I was basically without any access. I've signed up now though.

Rangediddy

No Longer a Noob
Oct 16, 2003
I just asked T2 commish Randal to send me what the stat categories were there because I knew we ran with default Champs league settings last year. As I wasn't in T1 last year I couldn't renew it and copy the settings over. I didn't know T1 used SOG last year, and I'm not necessarily opposed to using it again but like tmg says we're running out of time. I can't even get everybody to join the league.
It was G, A, PPP, +/-, PIM, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SO

I've never played with SOG so it'd be a new drafting strategy for me. Not opposed to it, but it'd be new.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2002
It should be SOG. GWG is such a lame stat. Almost as bad as SHP. Anything where the LEADER of a category has like .. 10 of it.. by the end of the year is a joke.

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
Yeah, I'm personally not a fan of fluke stats. Been against GWG since I started Champs 3 years ago. But I guess it can't be changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dquigley

titleless
Sep 20, 2003
He was going to do a drafting impersonation of you too, would have been great

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Players are always on waivers after the draft. Of course, this does sting a little more when the draft is late enough that you can't replace injuries before opening night.

I believe Yahoo's having trouble with injury designations right now. I believe IR+ only works for people with designation "IR" or "DTD". Murray is "Out" and Gaborik is "Not Active", of which it appears neither one is recognized as a valid IR+able status. I was lucky in keeper that I was able to move Gaborik to IR+ when he had a proper status, but now I can't actually do any adds there because it believes I have an invalid player on IR. [face_plain]

Last edited:

starglider_alt

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 14, 2008
There's a setting to have post-draft players go straight to free agency. But oh well.

I'm not thrilled with my team. I went heavy on D early which I usually don't, and I missed a surefire stud second goalie. I need Hellebuyck and the Jets to be good or I'm in trouble. Didn't even get a last dman in the end, there was nobody good left...

Baby_King_Bob

No Longer a Noob
Jan 14, 2004
I went heavy on d last year and it worked out well, and did the same this year but I don't think it shook out as well for me. There's such good relative value with the top 10 dmen, but this year, by round 5, even though the stud D was all gone the relative value between the available forwards and available D was heavy in favour of dmen. so here's me, with my stud forward Radulov :/

dquigley

titleless
Sep 20, 2003
There's a setting to have post-draft players go straight to free agency. But oh well.

There is that option, but I wouldn't arbitrarily change it. IMO they're on waivers after the draft for good reason (everybody has chance to make a claim vs fastest to click). Not great when the draft is on top of the season starting but still better than the alternative.

I didn't adjust IR so if it was IR+ last year I can still change that now I believe.

edit: I can increase IR+ but cannot reduce IR to compensate. Maybe 1 IR+ would be an acceptable solution as we'd still have the 2 IR?

Last edited:

deity_of_death

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar
Sep 6, 2000
Has there been a decision on IR+? Considering how slow Yahoo seems to be on getting guys onto IR, it's a nice option to have.

dquigley

titleless
Sep 20, 2003
Nobody really responded to my suggestion and I feel like it's kind of late to change things at this point. It's unfortunate but affects everybody equally.

vornoff

Mother Canucker
Mar 21, 2001
ive grown used to mrazek and halak sucking shit this season, but schneider has been worse than both of them over the last month

fuck me

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
Wow, bumped from the playoffs entirely based on my putrid last week since I refused to drop Luongo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vornoff

Mother Canucker
Mar 21, 2001
missed the playoffs by 3 points, edged out by he who shall not be named

(satan)

Yugo23

Star
Apr 15, 2003
I hope not setting my lineup tonight doesn't screw me over! Spotted two assists from McDavid.

Yugo23

Star
Apr 15, 2003
I was worried about something like this happening.

Almost picked up Kincaid instead of Lehtonen. That is backfiring right now.

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
I've been sequestered away on the PWB for Survivor for the last week or so, so I missed commenting here. Congrats to everyone who's sticking around here. I fell apart in the end of the year and I guess I'll be back in tier 2.

Baby_King_Bob

No Longer a Noob
Jan 14, 2004