Status
Not open for further replies.

sneakykamon1

Prime Member
Sep 16, 2005
@RobGrizzly: that was pretty much the best part of this article because given Snyder's track record, I am expecting all of that 100% LOL

ZBaksh386

Noob
Mar 24, 2010
I think lex luthor should be in the movie since he is a integral part of superman's life since he was clark's best friend but i rather they not be enemies just yet. I liked the fact that Smallville made him a more compelling character by showing that he wasn't always evil. And then they showed how he became the lex luthor that we know and love to hate.

fastlock

Noob
Feb 20, 2004
DO NOT touch the original superman theme music.That would be just as bad as to make the movie without the classic red,blue yellow costume just because is reboot. Every one and single movie adaptation that messes with stablished icons just to suppossedly improve it, just ends sucking bad. Super Mario bros, anyone?

Jan 15, 2010
I agree, do not fncking touch the John Williams score. That also means don't mish mash it with some lame, inferior, run-of-the-mill bullshit music, like they did in Superman Returns. And on the subject of Superman Returns, I went back and watched it a few days ago, just to see if I could possibly agree with the people calling for Routh's return. No fnking way - beyond the lame script, the acting, especially that of Routh, was amateur (I know they had little script to work with, but still). The only performance I liked was James Marsden's, who proved he would have been more apt at playing The Man of Steel (except, of course, for his height) - but he definately displayed bigger acting chops than the woeful, Routh, who spent the entire film with a wide eyed, perplexed expression on his face, and seemed to find it difficult delivering any line of dialogue convincingly (when he actually had a line to deliver, that is, which wasn't often - I assume Bryan Singer had to cut much of it out due to his poor acting performance).
As to Smallville and the mutilation of Superman's canon, it can be completely forgotten just like the 1990's Lois and Clark series.
Tom Welling can go back to doing underwear commercials or whatever it was he was doing before Smallville - the guy couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag in a school play (and yes I know he's pretty, and if I was a girl, I'd... well let's just leave it there).
Looking at Dawn of the Dead, 300, and Watchmen, Snyder's definately the right man for the job. I haven't seen Sucker Punch, and didn't care much for The Guardians of the Owls of Gahoole, but I'm willing to forgive those trespasses, seeing as his three successes were all of such high quality within their respective genres.
The success with The Man of Steel, as with all movies, will rest with the script, and the acting, and so far it looks to be on track with proper, established actors being chosen for all the roles thus far. And Zack Snyder seems to be a director who polarizes opinions, so I guess he's doing something right (at least people aren't apathetic about him).
This is gonna be good.

pgson

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 21, 2002
"Last time Supes got the reboot treatment, Bryan Singer raised the "S" shield and dyed the suit the color of Evil Superman's from Superman III. The costume was one of the first things Superman Returns revealed to us."

He did more than just that to it. The S shield was not only smaller, but raised off of him like some stuck-on glued accessory. Other crappy additions: little S symbols throughout the costume, giving it unnecessary texture to disassociate it with spandex, the collar of it being at his neck, not just over the collar bones as the comics portray, the overly thick cape looking more like the rubber one Batman had in Burton's '89 Batman than Superman's, the smaller belt made to be far lower on his hips, arcing over them like some fashion model in low-cut gap jeans, and the form for Superman under the suit in Brandon Routh made to be intentionally slender (Brian Singer was shown computer projections of how much bulk Routh could put on and the most he could would have been ideal, but Singer chose *intentionally* a very slender look for Superman, saying Superman doesn't need to be beefy to be super... This is directly from the supervising Special Effects man on the film) -- all amounts to a buttload of crap on screen. Even if the film would have had a good story, which it didn't, it would have still been known as "Yeah, the film was good/great, but man, that costume sucked! And why was Superman so thin?"

This is going to be, most likely, the same thing said about the new Spiderman and Green Lantern films, with regards to their ugly costumes, if the films turn out to be ok, good, or great. Their content remains to be seen, of course.

I can't imagine that Superman's origin would be locked away in any aspect from Snyder to use. A settlement must've been made by now. Smallville got away with showing it in piecemeal over the course of the first 5-7 seasons, and it was produced by Warner Bros. Anyway, let's hope that they don't screw this up, costume, or otherwise.

Superzone13

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 14, 2009
Out of all these, the one that matters the most to me is John Williams' theme song. Don't you people dare keep that out of the movie....

Dec 19, 2007
if luthor is in this or the sequel i dont want him to be a criminal like he is shown in all the films i think luthor is a much better character as a buissnessman who only superman believes is evil a la animated series/early smallville i never got why all the films put luthor as just a criminal seeing as background villain role is much more interesting and closer to the comics

Jun 17, 2009
Like it mentioned, a good composer could make an equivalent piece of good music for supes theme. Danny Elfman hit perfection with the Batman theme and no matter how much better a composer Hans Zimmer is (and as much as I loved Elfman's soundtracks, Zimmer is better)Elfman's theme will always be Batman's theme. Zimmer did however make us miss it less. The Superman theme song can be redone by Daft Punk! (kidding)

Dro2986

Noob
Jan 16, 2011
although im tired of Luthor.. i would love to see his prime nemesis atleast in a couple clips..

snafu63

Noob
Sep 2, 2010
@ crowden

I am aware that Superman did not kill Doomsday, nor did Doomsday kill Superman. But when that initial Death of Superman arc came out in the early 90s it was believed that both characters were dead for a time. For arguments sake, let's say they are going to keep this confined to 3 movies like Nolan's Batman. I think this would be a nice way to wrap a bow on the 3 movies and allow someone else to take up the mantle and reboot it for a JLA movie or something.

Aug 1, 2008
Jesus Christ, Superman, drunk, possibly high and likely to not have any morals at all!? that is a scary sight that man is not meant to witness. There would be laughs and drinking sure but then some one gets stabbed or doesn't get the vein when using the needle and BOOM! you have a regular and everyday glaswegian quiet night out.

Status
Not open for further replies.