NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
Because I am super nice, I created a Roster Spreadsheet for all of you to use. You can find it here.

I filled it in with my own team so you will have an example. I also linked to the OOTP manuals so you know what you're doing. To copy the spreadsheet, click file at the top right, then make a copy.

For those of you who have OOTP and want to build your team in there, feel free just to send me screenshots of your roster. I don't have a preference either way.

Once the supplemental draft is over, there will be a deadline for submitting your rosters. You'll have a few days to complete it.

Last edited:

AirNik

Super Star
Dec 9, 2000
Your Dreams
Planning to defensive sub my team from beer league softball defense to Golden Glove Party backing up Rollie-Chapman-Kenley the second we get a lead.

Bronamo

Da Best
Jul 3, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 14, 2009
Individually?

You mean set one sub for one starter? Yes

There's also a lot of situational options, depending on how deep you want to go
I probably phrased that question terribly.

I'd like to sub in Randy Ready for Daniel Murphy (vs RHP) as an 8th inning defensive replacement when up by 3 or less, but I'd also like to put in Chris Hoiles for Ed Bailey (vs RHP) in the 6th inning in all games within a margin of 3 or 4. Is there a way I can do this without driving NBAman insane?

I understand if this is too much tinkering.

AirNik

Super Star
Dec 9, 2000
Your Dreams

I'd like to sub in Randy Ready for Daniel Murphy (vs RHP) as an 8th inning defensive replacement when up by 3 or less, but I'd also like to put in Chris Hoiles for Ed Bailey (vs RHP) in the 6th inning in all games within a margin of 3 or 4. Is there a way I can do this without driving NBAman insane?

I think those are possible, but can’t promise you won’t drive him insane

Jun 25, 2011
Can I make my backup DH my starting catcher? Will it understand to put in Avila for Molina and put Molina for Giambi?

Additionally how often would a DH even get tired?

AirNik

Super Star
Dec 9, 2000
Your Dreams
OOTP is pretty good at all this, but I feel like you guys are overthinking this. These depth things usually come into play bc OOTP has a lot of realistic short-term injuries. We don’t have that issue though

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005

I know you can designate a defensive sub, which will put them in during late, close games, but I've never done it this granular. I'll have to check.

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005

Unless i'm missing it somewhere, there isn't a way to do this. Best I can do is just designate one player as a defensive sub in that position.

Raccoon2117

Still unknown after all these years
Oct 12, 2002
Because I am super nice, I created a Roster Spreadsheet for all of you to use. You can find it here.

I filled it in with my own team so you will have an example. I also linked to the OOTP manuals so you know what you're doing. To copy the spreadsheet, click file at the top right, then make a copy.

For those of you who have OOTP and want to build your team in there, feel free just to send me screenshots of your roster. I don't have a preference either way.

Once the supplemental draft is over, there will be a deadline for submitting your rosters. You'll have a few days to complete it.

Is the spreadsheet the format in which you want our roster?

And how do you want the roster sent to you?

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
Is the spreadsheet the format in which you want our roster?

And how do you want the roster sent to you?
yes, just send me the link on here or Discord and make sure it's unprotected, or just send me the screenshots

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
Deadline is 7 p.m. PST today for roster submit rosters and submit year changes.

GoBlue32

Super Star
Feb 21, 2004
World Series (?) contender tier
Chicago White Sox
New York Yankees
Sonoma Stompers
Washington Nationals

Likely playoff team tier
Atlanta Braves
Cleveland Spiders
Detroit Tigers
New York Highlanders
Oakland A's
Springfield Isotopes

Bubble team tier
El Paso Chihuahuas
Kansas City Royals
Las Vegas Stars
Miami Marlins
Minnesota Twins
Philadelphia Phillies
Seattle Mariners

So you're telling me there's a chance? tier
Anchorage Akhlut
Harrisburg Senators
Montreal Expos
New York Mets
Rocket City Trash Pandas
Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Toronto Blue Jays
Witchita Wranglers

It could be worse tier
California Angels
Cincinnati Reds
Los Angeles Dodgers
Texas Rangers
Washington Senators

Tears tier
Houston Asros

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
I'm waiting on one team to give me access to their spreadsheet. Once I have that, I'm going to get rolling and hopefully have our first sim ready by tonight. Hang tight.

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
Bare bones recaps as of right now. I’m going to add and tinker as we move along. Just wanted to get the first sim up ASAP.

ALayton90

No Longer a Noob
Dec 27, 2017
Guess my rotten luck/skill at IGN sim leagues continues at least through one week. Strongly disagree with the projections and thought I had a solid draft. We will see how things go. At least I'm not dead last....

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
Sorry for being a bit scattered brain, but a few other notes:
  • We'll be simming a week at a time and changes will be allowed once a month in game time
  • I'll provide stats videos after each month
  • Top 16 make the playoffs and the bracket is NBA style. Seeded 1-16. 7 game series all the way through.

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
Is it a totally balanced schedule or 162 games?
Oh yeah forgot to mention.

OOTP is VERY weird when it comes to scheduling. The schedule is balanced, but I think having 31 teams makes the OOTP schedule generator go haywire.

Basically your schedule will have 180 games, give or take.

Zeratul65

Star
May 9, 2003
That's what it does if you pick balanced with an odd number of teams. I've done leagues where I didn't allow interleague play (15 teams each league) and the season always ended with every team getting like 152-159 games, but not every team got the same number of games and no team got to 162.

legends4111

I can't think of anything clever to write for this
Oct 24, 2004
Twins are Mashin

Berra with 8 HRs through 12 games [face_shock]