UFC 5 Keeps Crashing and is unable to boot up

by 8307c07d04f79951

Original Post

Re: UFC 5 Keeps Crashing and is unable to boot up

★★★ Novice

@8307c07d04f79951 Thats what I was saying too, does your Fighter Update work or does it keep failing? Everytime I try to play online or do the challenges it pops the Fighter Update up and I hit download and then usually spins in the bottom right like its downloading it until it eventually fails, I have sat there and kept trying it over and over but I still get the same result everytime. I dont know why theres noone in EA helping us with this problem, I tagged the EA guy but he never responded so.. Guess we are out of luck until they decide they want to do something. Theres quite a few problems with the game but this is one of the worst.

Message 11 of 19 (2,590 Views)

★★ Novice
@YoungSchoenyy That’s what mine is doing too. It’s got to be corrupting the game file somehow but like you said they don’t really care. They got their money already….
Message 12 of 19 (2,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@8307c07d04f79951 Well, if you just so happen to find a solution one way or the other, let me know, im still pissed about it, theres been so many times I have wanted to hop on UFC 5 and run some online matches and then realize its still botched right now, Sadly i dont really see them fixing it anytime soon, im thinking months from now maybe it will. My question is why tf is EA not in here trying to help us, especailly after there was already a EA employer in here, gave us some tips that didnt work and then dipped, not to be heard from again, I even tagged him in one of my earlier messages. I dont even feel like contacting EA or Sony because they dont really care to begin with and neither will help.

Message 13 of 19 (2,549 Views)

★★ Novice

If I find a fix I’ll let you know but I’m just not even looking for them to fix it but I’m just gonna wait for an update for it I guess. I feel like if I had bought the physical copy this stuff wouldn’t be happening. But yeah I don’t look for them to come comment on here again because they know EA released broken games lol

Message 14 of 19 (2,515 Views)

★ Novice

I have the exact same issue on my PS5 disc version, I don't have any problem with any other game I can play for hours without an issue, I'm not able to play UFC 5 for more than 20 minutes because it completely crashes my PS5 everytime, I don't get any overheat alert, the console just turns off in the middle of a fight, menu, whatever screen it is on and once the console it's turned off I have to disconnect it and connect it again in order to be able to turn it back on. I tried already everything I have found on internet: Rebuilt data base, restored licenses, reinstalled the game, tried to lower the screen resolution also Reset the ps5 and took it where I purchased it and they did a deep clean and a lot of tests with other games and found out the issue was the game itself, the only way I'm able to play the game is closing the game and reopening it after every fight that way I can play for hours but if the game is opened for 20-30 it crashes. Me and a lot of players are having the same issue, how is it going to be resolved for us?

Message 15 of 19 (2,455 Views)

★★★ Novice

@joel_did_it  You are having a different problem than we are, our game isnt crashing like that. You might need to go make a new forum and see if they can help with your issue, more than likely they wont fix anytime soon honestly. Sony dont care, EA doesnt care, they wont give refunds, all they give is * advice that wont work. Only option is to sit and wait for them to actually put a real update out instead of dumb store and fighter updates. I gave up waiting on them to fix it, i already uninstalled the game and honestly dont care if they fix it or not at this point, they already burnt us and stole our money. It will be fixed eventually im sure but this dumpster fire isnt worth hoping and praying for a fix. I paid $100 for the deluxe edition to get early access and didnt even get to play it early and EA is nowhere to be found to help and fix. 

Message 16 of 19 (2,439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is starting to get ridiculous, idk how many times I’ve had to delete the game and saved data just to redownload it and for the fighter update to fail and nothing has been fixed wtf is EA gonna do to fix the problem and why hasn’t there been a damn solution yet???!

Message 17 of 19 (2,280 Views)

★★ Novice

Maybe yall already know but the update they released fixed the issue!

Message 18 of 19 (2,146 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nope it’s still doing it for me so definitely not fixed

Message 19 of 19 (2,082 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help