Slow AI on Quali and super fast during Race

by TexiPL

Original Post

Slow AI on Quali and super fast during Race

★ Apprentice

Hey.
Got a problem when AI are very slow on qualification. I've made P7 in Haas on 100 AI. Them during Race they are very fast and I end up on P12. It seems for me like that level AI during quali is 95 and during race 105.

Message 1 of 48 (1,108 Views)

Re: Slow AI on Quali and super fast during Race

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem

Message 2 of 48 (1,067 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, in qualifying I’m very competitive in a Haas but in the race I just can’t keep up the pace because if I get overtaken there comes a massive gap in front of me and there is forming a huge DRS train behind me that is around all of the cars that are behind me if I’m around P7/P8/P9/P10. I just really don’t understand how the AI race pace is so fast because I'am practicing a lot with keeping my tires in a good state but it seems to not really work because my race pace is just a lot slower if I really save my tires and the AI is just to fast then in the race.

Message 3 of 48 (989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Same for me, even in F2 where fuel is fixed and setup is competitive on the straights in both quali and race. 

In F1 this seems more pronounced due to the AI using ERS in the race but not qualifying.

Message 4 of 48 (950 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is the same in real life. the two Haas often qualify in top10 but almost never have point  at the end of the race because they totaly destruct their tyres.

Message 5 of 48 (914 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Juju_59320 I think that's the opposite of what we're saying here.  AI is slow in quali and faster in races, when it should be the other way around.

Message 6 of 48 (884 Views)

★★ Novice
@TexiPL I have the exact same problem, It just feels so unrealistic and makes me not really want to play. I’ve started a driver career with Williams, i’m on pad and driving against 95 ai. The amount of times I’ve qualified in the top 5 and absolutely destroyed my team mate is so silly. Then when in the race, there’s no way to keep up and it’s just boring because everyone flies past. They’re way too slow in qualifying and it’s basically unplayable. I hope they sort it soon because it’s so frustrating. On and also note, i’m using medium ers and not pressing overtake at all the whole lap.
Message 7 of 48 (880 Views)

★★★ Guide

Same here, in qualifying the AI are utterly useless and pathetically slow. Come the race they are like missiles.

This definitely needs some rebalancing. It's so unrealistic.

EA please look into this.

Message 8 of 48 (858 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Just to add, it feels like the AI have infinite battery in the races. Honestly their straight line speed is like concord at times!

Anyone happen to know if the AI use the full array of battery options in qualifying? If not, could that be the issue regarding their performance in qualifying compared to the race?

Message 9 of 48 (818 Views)

★ Apprentice

There is checked and AI are not using battery at all during quali laps so thats the issue. We can now use overtake but AI are still driving on hotlap and they still have a lot of ers to use on lap

Message 10 of 48 (812 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help