I can’t modify my FPS cap in the console or in a config file

by MegaMiniKnight

Original Post

I can’t modify my FPS cap in the console or in a config file

★★ Novice

I read that you can change your FPS cap by adding a user.cfg file or by using a console command. My FPS is still at 200 FPS regardless. I mean, I'm fine with 144 FPS since my monitor is 144Hz, but I'm trying to benchmark Battlefront 2 based on [this video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGaK8ItuJIw). I can't really do the 1440p and 1080p benchmarks since my FPS isn't going past 200 FPS. Are there any other ways to modify my FPS cap? When I actually start playing normally, I’ll cap my FPS at 144 FPS, ideally with this tool. 

My 4K benchmarks seem strange though. They vary from 90 to 130 FPS depending on the map and how many people are around me. I tried to replicate that video and went to Crait; I think that's Crait anyway. I was able to get 110-125 FPS and couldn't get an average of 130 FPS. It seemed he was alone and just wandering around, so I did the same in an offline battle; it seems I can't access that exact area in an offline battle since Galactic Assault si not available, but I'd assume my performance in the rebel outpost itself should be better than my performance outside. Who knows though. Do these framerates seem reasoanble for my build. Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yq4Mzf

Message 1 of 11 (1,510 Views)

Re: I can’t modify my FPS cap in the console or in a config file

Hero

You shouldn't have to modify any config files.

I'm getting 275 FPS with my 4070 Ti.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 11 (1,452 Views)

★★ Novice
@DarthFDG That’s weird. I don’t know why mines capped at 200 FPS then. That’s the largest value I can find in the Options page anyway. Is there an Unlimited FPS setting I missed?
Message 3 of 11 (1,423 Views)

Hero

As I stated, you should not have to modify any files.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 4 of 11 (1,417 Views)

★★ Novice
@DarthFDG Oh by the Options page I meant the Options menu. Am I missing a setting in that page? I don’t see anything that lets me uncap the FPS.
Message 5 of 11 (1,408 Views)

Hero

I suggest you post a screenshot of where you believe you are seeing a cap on FPS.

Message 6 of 11 (1,395 Views)

★★★ Novice

Like you; I have the same problem. I have 2 2080ti in SLI; and my framerate is locked at 200. I tried making a config file like all the other dice games and changing gamtime.maxvarible.fps in console as well. Nothing happens. Locked at 200. 

Message 7 of 11 (1,174 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi Sir did you find a solution yet?!

Message 8 of 11 (833 Views)

Hero

@MegaMiniKnight wrote:
@DarthFDG That’s weird. I don’t know why mines capped at 200 FPS then. That’s the largest value I can find in the Options page anyway. Is there an Unlimited FPS setting I missed?

@MegaMiniKnight I don't see a post with a screenshot of where you are seeing this in the Options page. Did you resolve it?

Message 9 of 11 (794 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MegaMiniKnight I have also tried the "gametime.maxvariablefps 144" both in user.cfg file and console, nothing worked. Did any of you guys solve this yet?
Message 10 of 11 (609 Views)