Manually Migrating PvZ (Andro) to New Device

by NHL_Ninety-Four

Original Post

Manually Migrating PvZ (Andro) to New Device

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, ppl:   

The source handset is from China with *no* G-Play access, so the orig. install of the game was via APK+OBB with no cloud-saves avail. (Maybe root helped things along, as this is a crusty v.1.1.2 of PvZ!)

Being a sentimental fool perhaps, I'd want to migrate my saved-game data to a newer Andro handset running the seminal PvZ (any ver.). I've still the orig. OBB file and 'userdata' dir. Please share thoughts on the process.

Message 1 of 5 (2,754 Views)

Re: Manually Migrating PvZ (Andro) to New Device

★★★★★ Apprentice

Migrating your Plants vs. Zombies (PvZ) saved game data from your current Android device to a new one can be a bit challenging, especially if you initially installed the game via APK+OBB and do not have access to Google Play or cloud saves. However, it is still possible to manually transfer the game data. Here are some steps you can follow:

On your current Android device:

• Locate the "userdata" directory that contains your PvZ saved game data. This directory is usually found in the internal storage of your device, in a folder named "Android" or "data" (e.g., /sdcard/Android/data/com.ea.game.pvzfree_row/files/userdata/).
    Copy the entire "userdata" directory to an external storage, such as an SD card or a computer.

On your new Android device:

• Install the same version of Plants vs. Zombies that you had on your previous device. You can obtain the APK file from a trusted source or use the same APK file you used before.
    Transfer the OBB file for the game to your new device. Place it in the correct location, which is typically in the "Android/obb" directory on the internal storage (e.g., /sdcard/Android/obb/com.ea.game.pvzfree_row/).
    If the "userdata" directory doesn't exist on your new device, create it in the same location as on your previous device.
    Copy the entire "userdata" directory that you saved earlier to the "userdata" directory on your new device.
    Launch the Plants vs. Zombies game on your new device. It should recognize the transferred game data and load your progress.

Please note that manually transferring game data may not always work perfectly, especially when moving between different devices or game versions. It's recommended to make a backup of your original game data before attempting the migration and understand that there is a possibility of encountering compatibility issues or loss of progress.

Additionally, be cautious when using APK files from unofficial sources, as they may pose security risks. It's always recommended to obtain the APK from trusted sources or consider alternative methods of installing the game, such as using a compatible app store.

I hope this information helps you in migrating your Plants vs. Zombies saved game data to your new Android device. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5 (2,629 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@tajfunek129 Your advice aligns with what little is still avail. re. manual PvZ migration–apprec.!
Message 3 of 5 (2,620 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue but I cant find any userdata directonary in my pvz1 folder, is there a new technique to this or?

Message 4 of 5 (120 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You *need* the user data to preserve *your* copy of the game. Find your data with a decent file mgr like X-plore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelycatgames.Xplore

Message 5 of 5 (98 Views)