Re: NFS rivals keyboard controls

by Linkaar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS rivals keyboard controls

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi all.

I have a huge problem with need for speed rivals. I hope someone can help me with this because it makes the game totaly uncontrollable while it seems like a good game. If i drive straight forward, suddenly the game reacts as if i pressed left or right, just making me crash. This happens with every kind of direction i want to go, sometimes the car just doesnt brake, steer or even give gas when i press the corresponding button. I have no issue at all in other games, keyboard is a MS digital media. This make it impossible to play, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3 (3,441 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

Thank you for the reply, apparently my directOC program causes this issue. Fixed.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (3,947 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@Linkaar 

This also happened on Xbox Platforms, turns out this was caused by the kinect causing unintentional communication with the game.

Now, obviously you're playing on a PC platform but maybe you can try  to see if there is anything plugged or connected to your PC that might interfere with your game (Background program, controller...)

If ever you can, try using another keyboard. I really don't think this is the issue here but you can also update the keyboard driver:

• Press Windows key + X, select device manager
  • Locate your Keyboard device, right click and select properties
  • Click on the drivers tab and select update driver.

Finally, try repairing your game in Origin. To use Repair Install for your game:

1. Go to My Games in Origin
  2. Right-click the game image
  3. Select "Repair Install"

Message 2 of 3 (3,416 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for the reply, apparently my directOC program causes this issue. Fixed.

Message 3 of 3 (3,948 Views)