Re: Camera view suddenly changes/map suddenly appearing while driving

by norcore

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Camera view suddenly changes/map suddenly appearing while driving

★★★ Newbie

In every session I play, this happens. The camera view/angle suddenly changes and does a "360" while I'm racing or pursuing someone without me even pushing any buttons. The map also shows up out of nowhere, also without me even being close to physically requesting to view the map via my Xbox One controller.

Does this happen to anyone else? Any solutions?

Cheers 

Message 1 of 12 (4,386 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I just found out what the problem was. We had the kinect turned on, and as we were conversating while playing the game, the kinect must have mistaken it for being commands. Turned off the kinect, and this haven't occured since! :D 

View in thread

Message 3 of 12 (4,620 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I have also been having this issue

Message 2 of 12 (4,369 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just found out what the problem was. We had the kinect turned on, and as we were conversating while playing the game, the kinect must have mistaken it for being commands. Turned off the kinect, and this haven't occured since! :D 

Message 3 of 12 (4,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Surely EA should patch this and add the option to turn off kinect voice support without having to go into the main Xbox settings and turn off? Either that or fine tune voice commands so they're not so sensitive - I've had nothing but issues with this since playing the game Frown

Message 4 of 12 (4,225 Views)

★ Apprentice

I do not think it is kynect because I do not have one, but am also experiencing random sudden camera views. Now EA has something else to debunk. 

Message 5 of 12 (4,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My kinect was off from playing call of duty and not wanting people to hear my private convosations, but then on need for speed this issue still occured even though my kinect is off...
Message 6 of 12 (4,165 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Do you have any other accessories connected to your console?

If you have a Kinect please Verify that your Kinect sensor is off

For tips on how to calibrate and troubleshoot your Kinect, head to the Kinect section of Xbox support.

Message 7 of 12 (4,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Uhh guess what, I shouldn't have to turn off my sensor to play your game. Make a setting in your game menu to turn off listening.

Message 8 of 12 (4,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie

bartelchunk, I have to agree.

EA made the Kinect part of the game. Why should we have to turn it off? EA should be sorting the problem(s). People have spent good money on this game/xbox one. We shouldn't be doing your job.

Message 9 of 12 (3,995 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is no solution for us but uses Kinect microphone to communicate with others in our parties.

I'm using my Tritton Warhead on my Xbox one,  since there is no other true wireless headset  for the Xbox one.

So we have to use kinect as a microphone.

And the game picks up on everything. We're speaking Danish to each other,  but it's almost impossible to play the game while talking to each other.

I often get camera angel changes, Maps the pops up, GPS guides that give me directions to places I don't want to go.

To put it simply the game is almost unplayable when having the kinect turned on.

So there should definitely be a way to turn off kinect just for the game, so we can still enjoy communicating in our parties.

Message 10 of 12 (3,802 Views)