Blackscreen - I found a possible fix.

by Amg317

Original Post

Blackscreen - I found a possible fix.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi

I had a problem with a blackscreen issue (after the game start).

My NFS Rivals worked without problems on old system (W7 64bit) but after i changed system I get blackscreen issue at start. After some time I found a fix and now I can play without problems. Try this :

1. Uninstall game using Origin (right click on NFS Rivals then click uninstall)

2. Go to Windows start, search and open "regedit".

3. Click on the Computer icon and press CTRL+F

4. Search "rivals" and delete all regkeys which have name connected to need for speed rivals (after you find one press F3 for searching another. You have to delete all regkeys connected to Need for speed rivals )

5. Use CCleaner and analyze&delete registry

6. Restart your system

7. Open Origin and download the game

8. Run NFS Rivals Standard smile

It worked on my PC, no more blackscreen issue after game launch Standard smile

Please try it and let me/us know if this work for you.

PS : Sorry for my english ^^

Message 1 of 2 (1,202 Views)

Re: Blackscreen - I found a possible fix.

Community Manager (retired)

@Amg317

Thanks for sharing your solution with the community.

I will add your post to our thread: Common Issues - Troubleshooting Steps -Tips

In addition to that here is a guide about using CCleaner

How to use CCleaner to fix PC issues

Many game issues arise from a conflicting program or file on your computer.  

While ensuring that you're not running any programs or applications that conflict with Origin or your games can be usefu..., sometimes a corrupted or out-of-date file on your PC is causing your issue and you may need to use the third-party software CCleaner to quickly clear out as many of these issues as possible.

Note: While we suggest using CCleaner, EA does not provide user support for this program, while the use of it, or other similar programs, is done so at your own risk. Please follow any installation guides straight from CCleaner when installing and performing program set-up

• We suggest creating System Restore Points before installing as well as performing any troubleshooting steps surrounding data clearing.
  • EA does not benefit in any way, monetarily or otherwise, from promotion of this program.
  • All suggestions provided on using these programs is based on programs and features that Origin and our games interact with.

To use CCleaner to clear out issues and errors in your computer:
  • Download and install CCleaner straight from its developer, Piriform.
  • In the "Cleaner" section, under the Windows tab, we suggest checking the following selections to be cleaned.
  • Note, your selections will vary slightly, depending on what programs you have installed, but keep an eye out for Antivirus applications, File Compression programs such as WinZip and WinRar, Firewalls, and Internet Cache files, Temporary files, and Cookies.

User-added image
  • While under the Applications tab, the following:
User-added image
User-added image
  • Once you've made certain the proper points are checked, simply click Run Cleaner, and let CCleaner run its course.

To clean your system further:
  • Select the Registry tab and ensure the following are checked:
User-added image
  • Select Scan for Issue and allow CCleaner to scan, then click Fix Selected Issues.
  • When CCleaner asks "Do you want backup changes to the registry?" select Yes.
  • Once your backup has completed, select Fix All Selected Issues.

After following the above steps, your game issues should be resolved. Launch your afflicted-title and observe if there is an improvement.

If you still encounter game issues, we suggest also following our instructions in "How to use Decrap to fix PC issues."
Message 2 of 2 (1,172 Views)