Do you care about Premades? 👨‍👨‍👧‍👦

by LennyOgg

Original Post

Do you care about Premades? 👨‍👨‍👧‍👦

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Do you play with premades or do your Sims befriend them?

Which ones are your favourites?

I play since The Sims 1 and never cared much about Premades. When The Sims 4 came out I even replaced the Goth Family with my Addams Family o.o'

But after High School years was released, Jeb Harris shyly approached Ji Ho and invited him for Prom.

Then we met his family and they are all so adoreable!

Since then we adopted a few other premades and I also love to read about their background.

They are really well done. Just enough background to inspire me but also enough room for my own ideas.

Message 1 of 25 (735 Views)

Re: Do you care about Premades? 👨‍👨‍👧‍👦

[ Edited ]
Champion

I've had an on again, off again love affair with the premades. I've always enjoyed having Summer Holiday and Liberty Lee in my saves. Quite a few of my sims have become good friends or best friends with them. They're currently a huge part of my Under The Tartosan Sun story...

Venessa Jeong and Judith Ward are two more premades that I have around in every save. This picture is from Under The Tartosan Sun also. Judith and Brytani Cho are much younger in this story. Holly Alto isn't a premade I usually play but she serves a purpose so I let her stay.

Last but certainly not least, there is the one and only Mimi Eleganza, aka The Lady Mimi. You're thinking, this is about premades. Yes Mimi is a premade, or she was, when she was known as Johnny Zest. Mimi identifies as gender non-conforming/trans. The Lady Mimi is her drag persona where for years she could explore her gender identity while earning a lot of simoloens performing for enthusiastic crowds at The Orchid Club in Del Sol Valley.

Mimi...

The Lady Mimi...

Community Volunteer. Not EA Staff
Message 2 of 25 (713 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I love some, like some, love to hate some and are indifferent to others. I never delete any, other than Baby Ariel (RL people? Not in my Sims' game), so if I want their lot for something I usually just evict them and see them around town.

I am (constantly) in progress of updating all the worlds and sims for a base save, so they get makeovers (though I only change clothes/hair/makeup, not physical features) and I add appropriate preferences/lifestyles/pets/family dynamics etc.

Message 3 of 25 (701 Views)

Champion

There are a few whom I latch onto:

The Villareal, the Renegades (including those from the trailer that didn't make into the game), the Behr sisters, George Cahill and Erwin Pries (often as father and son plus Whitaker the ghost dog)

Some whom I enjoy to have around in my game, but rarely play:

The Pancakes, the BFF, Jordan Mayer & Danny Shino-Miller (City Living trailers, often a couple), Darren "Darling" Walsh, Miko Ojo, Alex Moyer, Cameron Fletcher, Julia Wright, Bess Sterling, the Harris, Lia Hauata, Tane Ngata, Duane Talla, Rohan Elderberry, the Petersons and the Keyes (Parenthood trailer), Landgraab, Johnny Zest, Kat Lynx, Whiskers, Barty Bittlebun snr., the Sigworth, Venessa Jeong, Morgyn Ember, all the werewolves plus Celene Lopez and Lux Demarco

And the rest I ignore.

Although I have to admit that I don't give the newer premades many chances to impress me, since I already have a large enough cast of my own sims plus the aforementioned premades.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 25 (698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Premades in my game are mostly ignored. I love creating my own sims and their lives. I like keeping Premades around for my sims to befriend but that's about it.

I occasionally edit Premades to better suit my plans. The goths have a toddler girl because I needed toddlers for playdates. The realm of magic sages had a make over to better resemble the trailer. And Celeste and Orion from growing together have been renamed because their names are reserved for my own sims. I enjoy giving my sims extravagant names referring to celestial phenomenons long before growing together came.

There is one exception : Kyioshi Ito from snowy escape. My sim fell in love with him as teens. I thought he was a random sim who had spawned in the game and didn't realise he was a premade until they had a serious relationship. At that point I didn't have the heart to force a break up solely because he is a premade.

Kyioshi with his girlfriend Callisto.

Kyioshi has come a long way. He grew up, became a werewolf, gratuated in biology from foxbury university, completed the extreme sports enthusiast aspiration, climbed Mt Komorebi, explored the selvadoradean jungle and is currently participating in horse competitions. He is the only premade who ever managed to feel like one of my sims.

Message 5 of 25 (687 Views)

★ Guide

I do care about many premades. It depends on what I am doing as to which ones I care about. My favorite thing is to play a decades save I often change the clothing to the premade households residing in the world I am starting in. I then save other premade households to download for use in later decades. The ones I usually delete entirely are the occults and a few other households that do not fit my gameplay stories. It depends on the game file as to which ones.

Message 6 of 25 (661 Views)

★★ Guide

I almost always play with premades. I’m not very creative at starting off a household so I like to have something to work with, and the premade households (the sims themselves plus their lot) suit me for that. I don’t always end up liking them, in which case I drop them. But the more I play them and develop their stories, usually the more attached I get to them. I don’t think I have any special favourites.

Message 7 of 25 (660 Views)

★ Guide

So... When I played Sims 2 I never cared about premades and just ignored them.

At first in Sims 4, I didn't care about them, just kind of ignored them or made them the folly of my mischief. But when Vampires came out, things changed. I fell in love with Vlad because he's so imperfect and has so much character. I also loved the Vatores, particularly Lilith, with her iconic Betty Page hair and unique face. So not only did I keep them in my game and living in Forgotten Hollow, but I also made them the head of my Vampire Council along with my own Dracula and his Brides, and I downloaded the Noble and Rebel Maxis vampires to stick in my game as well. 

Since then, I've grown to appreciate most of the premades as permanent townies and "background characters", except for the Occult NPCs, who tend to be part of my own Sims' stories in some way or other. I love "imperfect" Sims now too, and like to create them as well, as I really appreciate the character of their faces. ☺️

Other premades I really like are Judith Ward, Katrina Caliente, The Goths (of course), and some others.

Message 8 of 25 (603 Views)

For year and years and years, I deleted every single premade and played only with my own Sims. But I've leaned toward leaving most of them in the world as background for a while, and right now I'm actually playing one for different. Not sure how long that will last! But aging them up helped them feel more like "mine".

I do wish premade offspring had more chin.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 9 of 25 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

When Ji Ho lived with Jeb and his family, we also got to know his grandmother, Francine, and I fell in love with her. And she soon became part of our story too. She's one of the three old, nosy hags witches ^^'

She's very cool, funny, open-minded and straight-forward and she drives down-to-earth/shy/introvert Jeb crazy with this hahaha.

And she'd been the Boys' Potions teacher at Belgraves Institute 📜

She has the romantic trait and while we stayed with the Harris household, she had the wish to kiss someone.

And then Jules Rico (another premade) knocked on the door!

tumblr_7d411b5ea809e2a221698ac654911893_7f7e3118_2048.jpg

Since he was already there, they kissed. Of course.

And Jeb ogled his new grandfather.

tumblr_e28b5bd3a3b3e064d7e836ded9975b25_f0e70359_2048.jpg

Francine and Jules are a couple since that day.

tumblr_0c5cebd650af4b4f2f87d1f579705ee7_816feaab_2048.jpg

A while after we moved out, Jeb got this message from her, awww 💞

(But they haven't married. Yet(?))

tumblr_c48ca1b763fae32accfdf1329ea1368d_646dd836_2048.jpg

Banner                                 The Boys' story at the official Sims Forum:
                         👉 First Year (=from the beginning) 👉 Second Year

Message 10 of 25 (573 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help