Are you using website to change your life?

Welcome to the

WPX Blog!

Digital Marketing and Affiliates Mastery: Tips, Tricks, and Best Practices!

How to Promote Web Hosting Affiliate Products Like A Pro?

Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to earn passive income online. Whether you’re running a website, podcast, or YouTube channel, you can promote affiliate products relevant to your audience to make money. If you’re helping people build their…

SEO Case Study: 7 Ways To Increase Your Search Traffic

There isn’t really any secret to increase your search traffic. If you make improvements to your technical base, content and links – you will see search traffic grow: We built thousands of links last year, and it’s amazing to see…

17 Ways to Increase Traffic to Your Website

Did you know that Google currently processes an average of forty-thousand searches per second? That means that by the time you’ve read to the bottom of this article – and learned all you need to know about driving traffic to…

How To Write Perfect SEO Titles & Meta Descriptions

Good SEO data can’t singlehandedly carry your pages to the first spot on Google. You need a lot more to conquer the SERP.  However, learning how to write perfect SEO titles and meta descriptions can help with your page’s indexing,…

11 Best Webmail Clients in 2023

Which is the best webmail client in 2023? So you just created your website or server, but you don’t have a webmail service. What next? This is actually a common issue since most hosting providers don’t offer a webmail service…

How to Rank on Google Fast: An 11 Step SEO Game Plan For New Bloggers

How to Rank on Google Fast? Just started a blog? Now’s the perfect time to leverage that initial energy to build a solid foundation for future growth.  To do that properly, you’ll need to harness the power of SEO.  In…

WordPress Unveiled: Your Complete Web Guide!

How to Backup Your WordPress Site (3 Simple Methods)

We all know how much time and effort goes into creating and maintaining a WordPress site. It’s like your place on the internet where you share your passions, business, or ideas with the world. But have you ever thought about…

Properly Deleting Categories in WordPress – Step-by-Step Guide

What is a Category in WordPress? In WordPress, a category is a classification used to group and organize related posts. Categories help improve site navigation by making it easier for users to find content. They also assist in structuring the…

How to Fix the WordPress “Error Establishing a Database Connection” 

I’ve spent the last five years diving deep into the world of WordPress as a Technical Support Shift Lead at WPX. Throughout these years, I’ve encountered almost every issue you can think of, and one of the most common ones…

Best Method to Customize WooCommerce Emails in 2024

When it comes to customer satisfaction and feedback, communication is key to success in any business. That resonates even more with WooCommerce websites that are completely online without physical contact. Emails are the main vocal point for your online business.…

Missing Temporary Folder? Fixing This Common WordPress Problem

Having to constantly work and update your WordPress website may be very time consuming. That being said, there are a lot of possible errors you may stumble into during the process. We will review one of them in this article…

How to Test Your WooCommerce Checkout – 7 Easy Steps

Testing your WooCommerce checkout process is crucial in ensuring a smooth and efficient experience for your customers. A well-functioning checkout process can significantly reduce cart abandonment rates and increase conversions. This guide will walk you through the steps to thoroughly…

Optimizing Your WordPress Site for Lighting-Fast Performance!

Why Do Independent Tests Matter?

Imagine that you’re thinking of buying a new car: But you can’t decide between a Toyota Corolla, a Mazda 3, or a Honda Civic. So to help you decide, you don’t bother with the over-the-top hype on each manufacturer’s website…

Independent Supernerd Kevin Ohashi’s 2022 WP Host Speed Tests Revealed?

See the results of independent testing 2023 Every year, data science supernerd Kevin Ohashi runs a massive batch of independent tests of WordPress hosting services across different price categories. It’s kinda like Motor Trend’s World’s Greatest Drag Race, except for WordPress hosting. Companies…

Why Affiliate Marketers Should Focus On Site Speed

Although website speed has for a long time been seen as a “nice to have” for affiliate sites, Google’s increased emphasis on the importance of user experience means that affiliate sites need to focus on improving their website’s speed more…

Video Interview: Kevin Ohashi Reveals How He Discovers Which WordPress Hosting Companies Suck Which Do Not

Video Transcript TERRY: Kevin for those who don’t know you, can you give us a brief introduction to who you are and your story? KEVIN: My name is Kevin Ohashi.  I run ReviewSignal and most recently launched wphostingbenchmarks.com  Review Signal is the largest web hosting…

FACT: Uptime Monitoring Tools Are Unreliable – Here’s The Proof

Why Do Uptime Tools Matter? As we Web entrepreneurs know, getting traffic to our websites is one of our main tasks. So when visitors do arrive at our website, they should have the best possible experience in terms of page…

ReviewSignal’s Independent WP Tests 2021: How Our XDN Helped Us Win 3 Out Of 3 Speed Categories

How Did These Independent 2021 Tests Work? Every year, Kevin Ohashi from ReviewSignal.com runs a batch of tests on different WordPress hosting companies to determine which are the best performers and which are not, regardless of the size of the company, how…

Mastering WordPress Development: Tips, Tricks, and Best Practices!

17 Canva Tips and Tricks to Create Amazing Graphics

When it comes to graphic design and content marketing Canva is a robust tool with a seemingly endless number of design possibilities. Whether you’re creating posters, website banners, logos, or print materials, Canva can help you design graphics for almost…

How to Set up SMTP for Email Delivery in WordPress

Out of the box, every WordPress installation relies upon the email delivering facilities of the server on which it is hosted. And while good web hosting companies (WPX included!) have done a lot to configure properly their mailers, many spam…

Disable WP Cron Now

In this post I will show you how to disable WP Cron and explain why you should do that. Since its inception, WordPress is being developed to be simple to install and configure and to allow running on a large…

Power Your Business: Strategies, Tools, and Case Studies

8 Lessons for Selling a Blogging Business for 6 Figures

Statistics reveal that around 77% of business bloggers report seeing a return on investment. So when I started my previous blog, thrivemyway.com, in October 2021, I had a positive outlook for its success. I’m kidding, I didn’t know about that…

Best Black Friday WPX Deals 2023 + WPX’s Partners Discounts

Wanna make your online store better, faster, and safer?This is the right time to do it because we’re going big this Black Friday!  Not only do we have two amazing deals to choose from, but they come with the highest…

How to Use Rank Math: A Beginner’s Guide

Rank Math has quickly become the industry standard for SEO on WordPress. It’s a reliable tool, it doesn’t slow down your site, and it’s very easy to use. So how can you start optimizing with Rank Math? In this guide…

How To Monetize Your Blog In 2023? (7 Effective Methods)

Are you a blogger struggling to make money from your blog in 2023? Or, you don’t know how to monetize your blog yet. No worries, you’re not alone! Monetizing your blog can be an uphill battle, especially when finding effective…

What Are Collaborative Meetings And How To Get The Most Out Of It

As a business owner, one of the most important strategies to ensure success is having effective collaborative meetings. Collaborative meetings are opportunities for team members to come together and work collectively toward reaching a goal or achieving objectives. They provide…

From Airline Pilot to SEO: 5 Tools I Can’t Live Without in 2022

Best SEO Tools for Success Growing up, all I ever wanted to do was to fly airplanes. So I studied hard, went through flight school, and gained my commercial pilot’s license. The ultimate goal was to fly internationally for a…

Protect Your Website from Hackers, Malware, and Other Threats

Everything You Need to Know About Two-Factor Authentication

Chances are, if you’ve ever used social media, online banking, or any other online account, you’ve encountered Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) at some point. We’ve talked about the importance of security at WPX in our knowledgebase – we’ve implemented Hybrid DDoS…

Do You Need Extra Protection for WordPress?

This is a question I hear quite often. People will ask me what I think about various popular WordPress security tools such as Sucuri, WordFence, etc. My honest answer is that while such services can offer great value for a…

Breaking and Entering: Restore Admin Access to WordPress

If you spend enough time in the business of creating and maintaining WordPress websites, there will inevitably come a time when a customer will reach out to you with a specific request: help them restore admin access to their WordPress…

Empowering Change: WPX Supports Your Purpose, Big or Small!

10 Ways You Can Help a Dog Shelter

Dog shelters perform noble work, providing care and refuge for dogs when they need it most. However, they often face many challenges, including limited resources, staff shortages, and a constant influx of homeless pets. Luckily, there are many ways in…

4 Years of Constant Dedication to Helping Animal Welfare

We have taken a step further when it comes to animal welfare, especially for unwanted, homeless, shelter, at-risk, and disabled dogs and some cats.Maybe 2 or 3 steps. Instead of leaving the responsibility to permanently fix a big issue to…

What Is The Connection Between WPX & Every Dog Matters EU?

‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ is where companies contribute money or other resources to causes they believe are worthwhile. When it comes to animal welfare, especially for unwanted, homeless, shelter, at-risk, and disabled dogs and some cats, WPX has taken this a…

Why WPX Created Its Own Nonprofit NGO & Built Its Own Animal Sanctuary

Some of the WPX team celebrate 2021 World Dog Day at our own no-cage, open-yard animal sanctuary. Some Context First During my adult life, I lived mainly in rented apartments in Brisbane (many years), Sydney (10 years) and London (8…

Why WPX Has Changed Its Whole Look, Logo & Web Address?

WPX Hosting Rebrand Video Announcement 2020. As of August 2020, when you visit WPX, you will notice a few changes on our site, this blog, and our Knowledgebase (the KB is a work in progress but we’re getting there!). Watch…

How WPX Was Created To Change The Hosting Industry & Empower Change In Your Online Business/Life

You probably became an entrepreneur/solopreneur because you wanted to change your lifestyle right?  More time with your family and/or traveling and independent freedom? For me, my motivation as an entrepreneur building WPX Hosting was a different take on change, but…

Updates, Innovations, and New Technologies Crafted by WPX!

Why Did WPX Go WOO WOO?

In 2023, e-commerce is a really big deal. And that’s not just Amazon, Etsy, and the other big players. E-commerce – selling physical products online through a Web store – is very much a strong, viable digital business option for…

Breaking News: WP Rocket Now Optimized For Supersonic Speed With WPX

Through constructive cooperation last year, the popular WP plugin, WP Rocket, has been optimized for WPX’s custom technology platform – something that will deliver even greater page loading speed AND Core Web Vitals scores for WPX customers running WP Rocket.…

Party Like It’s…2023? That Was Quite A Year!

At the end of each year and before we all start making New Year’s Resolutions for next year (already? phew!), it’s nice to look back on the last 12 months and toast to personal and business achievements. Between supply chain…

WPX Webmail Gets Some (Big) Love

Last summer, I wrote a column for WPX called ‘A Better Web Mail Client for WPX‘. In my opinion, the officially available web-based mail client the company offered to its users back then was functional but not sufficiently convenient.  Sure,…

Why On Earth Is WPX Boosting Server Resources For Customers?

Once upon a time, the iPhone 1.0 seemed amazing and all the phone anyone could ever possibly need. The same goes for stuff like cars before Teslas, the AltaVista search engine, MySpace, and Hotmail (is it still a thing?). The…

WPX September 2022 Free Resource Upgrade

A couple of months ago I had the chance to talk with WPX co-founder and CTO Georgi Petrov about the update to all hosting plan limits that is taking place today. Over the years, WPX have performed multiple upgrades behind…

Recent Blog Posts

How to Backup Your WordPress Site (3 Simple Methods)

We all know how much time and effort goes into creating and maintaining a WordPress site. It’s like your place on the internet where you share your passions, business, or ideas with the world. But have you ever thought about…

Properly Deleting Categories in WordPress – Step-by-Step Guide

What is a Category in WordPress? In WordPress, a category is a classification used to group and organize related posts. Categories help improve site navigation by making it easier for users to find content. They also assist in structuring the…

How to Fix the WordPress “Error Establishing a Database Connection” 

I’ve spent the last five years diving deep into the world of WordPress as a Technical Support Shift Lead at WPX. Throughout these years, I’ve encountered almost every issue you can think of, and one of the most common ones…

Best Method to Customize WooCommerce Emails in 2024

When it comes to customer satisfaction and feedback, communication is key to success in any business. That resonates even more with WooCommerce websites that are completely online without physical contact. Emails are the main vocal point for your online business.…

Missing Temporary Folder? Fixing This Common WordPress Problem

Having to constantly work and update your WordPress website may be very time consuming. That being said, there are a lot of possible errors you may stumble into during the process. We will review one of them in this article…

How to Test Your WooCommerce Checkout – 7 Easy Steps

Testing your WooCommerce checkout process is crucial in ensuring a smooth and efficient experience for your customers. A well-functioning checkout process can significantly reduce cart abandonment rates and increase conversions. This guide will walk you through the steps to thoroughly…

Yet everybody needs a helping hand now and then.

You can count on us for every step of your online business journey.

In need of speed,

DO’s and DONT’s from
Speed Optimization Experts

Be the first to get notified about the latest and greatest.

From the newest WordPress features and technology to all you need to know about improving your online business.