Snake-Eater3

I don't need a title...
Aug 31, 2004

"... I've just transfered my power into this golden evil statue. Look at it! Anyone who witnesses it will kneel before its might".

- Nobunage, Onimusha 2 [face_devil]

It's so sad that this board is slowly dying, so sad that it makes me spam to keep it alive [face_tongue]

Bring on Onimusha 5 already, or at least the real Onimusha 4! [face_cry]

Jun 16, 2008
NEVER!! no one will ever serve a man who is soul to soul to demons!! lol.

though it is a shame that this board is VERY dead. hopefully this is only hibernation until onimusha 5 comes out.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Another man possessed by a vengeful ghost. Heh ha ha.
[image=http://www.capcom-central.com/Onimusha/Onimusha2/images/characters/magoichi.jpg]

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f70/masquerade_red/art6.jpg]

LisaB1138

Older than most, smarter than the average bear
Apr 23, 2004
Golden evil statues rock. What a great Halloween costume idea. :D

I doubt we'll ever get another game unless the movie comes to fruition. Then maybe we'll see a new game tie-in.

Interesting . . . a game . . . based on a movie . . . based on a game. :^O

The REAL Onimusha 4 should be about Sam's quest to seal up the gauntlet.

Snake-Eater3

I don't need a title...
Aug 31, 2004
LisaB1138 said:
The REAL Onimusha 4 should be about Sam's quest to seal up the gauntlet.
People often say "quoted for truth", but this is the truth of the truth. That's the one and only thing that "Dawn of Dreams" should have been.

One more reason to love Lisa [face_love]

Besides Red, Magoichi is my favourite side-character in Oni 2 ;)

Don't worry Leon, Capcom has a lot of idiots, but this board will be alive again someday [face_peace]

Ryan6192

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 23, 2004
I think the real Onimusha 4, should have Sam sealing the gauntlet and die!!!.

It may seem harsh but i think it would be a epic ending, that he has to sacrifice himself to save the world.

Also should have the casts from Oni2

LisaB1138

Apr 23, 2004
ryan said:
I think the real Onimusha 4, should have Sam sealing the gauntlet and die!!!.
It occurred to me that since the power of the gaunlet kept Sam young, when he removes it he may revert to his "real" age. Then yes, he could die--a hero. [face_dancing]

And thanks, Alex. J'taime aussi. :D

Ryan6192

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 23, 2004
Well yeah i guess thats a cool way, but i don't want Sam being too old dying lol. He should have flashbacks on his journey from oni 1 and so on. I always wanted to know why Sam didn't mourn for Keades death...

Typical Capcom, i think back then they started to turn lazy

StormOfDantess

Captain Bunny Killer
Sep 10, 2008
Dawn of Dreams would have been a better game if the Onimusha Namesake wasn't on the cover. That's f'n truth, cause it's a decent game that didn't live up to the name, in my opinion at least...

LisaB1138

Apr 23, 2004
I wrote about that in [link=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4629183/1/Onimusha_True_End]my story[/link], Ryan. You're right. If there's one thing wrong with Oni3, it's that they didn't give Sam as much story as they gave Jacques.

Ryan6192

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 23, 2004
Wow Lisa that was amazing!!!!!. I don't know why companies just plain lazy, i thought story telling is the most enjoyable part and they are such clever people, meaning they cannot forget about the plot holes.

Meh what can we do eh.

LisaB1138

Apr 23, 2004
Thanks, Ryan.[face_hugs]

I think some of it is because games change hands so much. I imagine it's pretty rare for the same hand to be in control of all of a series. Even George Lucas can't help contradicting himself. [face_tongue]

Ryan6192

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 23, 2004
Only Kojima is the only person was who stuck with the same game throughout the whole MGS series. Crapcom always changes the people who are incharge of a game that made it succesful.

Your welcome :D

Snake-Eater3

I don't need a title...
Aug 31, 2004
Indeed Ryan, and I think that's the biggest mistake they can do. A new team comes up with new ideas but at the same time they often can't create the sequel or prequel that many people are waiting for. Using the "old" team with some new people maybe, that would be the best way in my opinion.

Ryan6192

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 23, 2004
Yeah I agree, though i think that DMC3was a useful prequel, in some ways it was nice to know about Vergil, but at the same time would of been good if they talked about Vergil, or movie clips from the past in sequels maybe to make the story better.

Ahh don't know games nowadays lack a lot of things :(.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Snake-Eater3 said:
Besides Red, Magoichi is my favourite side-character in Oni 2 ;)
I had no idea that I was loved to such a degree! nor did I know that I played a supporting role in Onimusha 2...[face_thinking] [face_tongue]

LisaB1138

Apr 23, 2004
Heh heh, good one, Red. ;)

Personally, I thought the Dante/Vergil relationship had a LOT more story left to tell, which is one of the reasons DMC4 was so ridiculous. What on earth happened between these two to put them at odds?

Snake-Eater3

I don't need a title...
Aug 31, 2004
Oh sh!t, I just realized that I wrote "Nobunage" in my original post. Of course it's Nobunaga... #-o

Tsetsuragi

Noob
Nov 25, 2009
I must say I was gravely upset when I saw soki on the cover of oni 4...
I didn't really want to pick it up though oni 2 did the same thing and was still pretty cool...

LisaB1138

Apr 23, 2004
Onimusha 2 is an example of changing a hero and adding gameplay aspect done right. It kept the tone of the game true to the original.

Oni4 just snorted cutesy gas and wandered waaay off the path . . . .

Welcome to the board, BTW.

Tsetsuragi

Noob
Nov 25, 2009
Thanks, happy to be here..
I loved oni 2 though I played the game the first time through wondering when samanosuke was going to show and even so i still loved it...