Redfield64

No Longer a Noob
Jun 29, 2017
If There Were Any Other Way - Soulcalibur II

Usually played in SC2's Arcade Mode during your character's "destined fight" before final boss Inferno.
Epic, dramatic and emotionally charged, I used to pause the match just so I could listen to it for longer. It was also used in one of the trailers for Soulcalibur V, which really hyped me up for that game.

Authentic Sky - Tekken 4

T4 is very fondly remembered for it's realistic aesthetic, great looking stages and awesome soundtrack. I think this one was used on the Rooftop stage. It's a really relaxing and chill bit of techno. Probably my favourite track in all of Tekken, I've had my main menu in T7 set to this theme for the last year or so.

Rashid's Theme - Street Fighter V

A really energetic and upbeat dubstep theme, it's one of those tracks that just puts you in a happy mood when you hear it. Suits the character of Rashid pretty well.
The whole theme is great, but it's the chorus with the vocals that really slaps. "RASHIDOOOOOOOOOO!"

I've got some more favourites, I might post them later. [face_peace]

Dante-

Mod Trigger
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
Tekken 7

Was tempted to pick Tekken 2 but I wanted to pick a modern one and I love this soundtrack to death. It's a soundtrack that has so much energy but also some great chill tracks, and despite the game still being only 4 or 5 years old, gives me nostalgia when I'm not playing the game. The Tekken 7 soundtrack is the fighting game soundtrack I've listened to most outside of playing a fighting game. I regularly listen to it and have listened to it a ton while working from home during the pandemic.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Such a unique soundtrack that really epitomises its era. It almost feels like time travelling back to the turn of the millennium. To this day there is nothing quite like it. For my pick I went with the main theme which gives me a nostalgia overload but I love so many of the stage/character themes too.

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Doctor Doom's theme is of course iconic both in Marvel Super Heroes and Marvel vs Capcom 3. I've always been a big fan of it and loved the way that MvC3 character themes would hit when the character would get tagged in. Doom's in particular always sounded amazing in those moments. Not only do I love the vibe of his theme but I think it captures the character really well too.

-Mitsurules-

SC7 when???
Aug 4, 2008
Sunk a lot of time into a project right after making this thread and forgot about it, but I'm finally adding more songs that I find are too good/nostalgic lol.

Redfield64

No Longer a Noob
Jun 29, 2017
I want to add Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 as a contender for one of my favourite FG soundtrack. I'm surprised I forgot to mention it before.

I only played this game a couple of months back to prepare for Strive, but I was very impressed by a lot of the music. And there's quite a lot of it.
You've got lots of pounding, heavy guitar-laden tracks that play for most of the battles. Guilty Gear takes a lot of inspiration from real world Rock and Metal, so it feels very fitting, though not everyone will be into it.

Elphelt's theme, Marionette, was a battle theme that really stuck with me. Especially that opening.

It's not just all heavy guitar themes though.
Xrd's cinematic story mode and character episodes often play a very different kind of music, some of which were very relaxing beautiful tracks that accompany the character's thoughts about life, destiny, identity, what it means to be human and all that deep stuff.

I get some big NieR/Drakengard vibes from those kind of tracks and I like some of them more than the battle themes.

Auron99

E-Hero
Jan 20, 2002
Locus of Control
Wait, does this mean I get to post my favorite SoR4 song again? Yay!

As for my favorite fighting game soundtracks, Third Strike and Tekken 7 are certainly up there. I'd also add X Men vs Street Fighter as a dark horse pick cause there were some awesome remixes of original X Men and SF tracks.

LastKnightOnEarth

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 3, 2023
Saturnine Wastelands
I like the soundtrack to Killer Instinct. The main theme is certainly the highlight from it!

"The Way You Move" also stands out, since it's a fun, anthemic House track (the only thing that mildly drags it down is the robotic voice saying, "let your body rock, let your body move, let your body jump to the killer groove" XD):

Gotta include "K.I. Feeling" too!

Last edited:

gronik

No Longer a Noob
Oct 13, 2013
E1M1, Phobos
Tekken 2:

Every stage track ( which every character has their own unless they are a skin like roger/Alex share and devil/angel share) absolutely slaps and fits the character perfectly. Alot of tracks are remixed enhancements from the first Tekken

Tekken 1 is a close second and I think actually has more iconically district tracks than Tekken 2 ( Chicago and king George Island are phenomenal

And then Tekken tag tournament which in many ways provides enhanced remixes of tracks primarily from Tekken 3 Which in itself has great music, but something about Tekken tag tournaments early 2000 rave music really strikes a chord with me