Zombiedrd

No Longer a Noob
Jan 28, 2006
Facial capture tech is the big reason Chris's image changed so much in RE7, and I imagine the same will occur with Claire and Leon. No more generic models, now we can make them after real people

Any guesses on an actor/actress that the facial models can be captured from?

Zombiedrd

No Longer a Noob
Jan 28, 2006
Hopefully they're still recognizable.
Yeah, I'd like them to be somewhat recognizable with whoever they choose to use. There are 7.6 billion, I am sure there are at least a few that look close to the models we know from the older games.

mystery79

No longer a mod, and unable to edit your textz
May 23, 2003
Cleveland
I'm not, they have really made Jill very generic in most of her RE appearances post RE3.

Zombiedrd

No Longer a Noob
Jan 28, 2006
I'm not, they have really made Jill very generic in most of her RE appearances post RE3.

If ti is any consolation, the REmake2 Claire and Leon should at least look more realistic and less...plasticky? than previous models. 7 Was the first to use motion cap, which is why Chris was completely remade, they used a real guy.

I am assuming they will use mocap for the characters in sequential games, which is why I think we may be somewhat jarred.

Still, it is a RE2 remake, so I am happy already.

ryodin

Treads the Jeweled Thrones of Earth Under His Feet
Nov 10, 2000
New York City
So, has it been confirmed that this was indeed Chris in RE7?

Because as far as I know, he only called himself "Redfield." And, yeah, I thought he must have been Chris as well .... but it still bothers me that the delivery of that line was so awkward, and that Capcom deliberately left out "Chris" on purpose. Like as if this isn't really Chris, but yet another damn Redfield family member! [face_tongue]

I still think he'll end up being Derek Redfield, long lost cousin of Chris and Claire ... who, um, is also tied into Umbrella's conspiracies.

Yeah.

chris119

Star
Aug 20, 2000
Michigan

Because as far as I know, he only called himself "Redfield." And, yeah, I thought he must have been Chris as well .... but it still bothers me that the delivery of that line was so awkward, and that Capcom deliberately left out "Chris" on purpose. Like as if this isn't really Chris, but yet another damn Redfield family member! [face_tongue]

I still think he'll end up being Derek Redfield, long lost cousin of Chris and Claire ... who, um, is also tied into Umbrella's conspiracies.

Yeah.

Its Chris.

Basically he still works for the BSAA, but he's assisting the Umbrella Corporation with the cleanup at the Baker estate as an advisor. The Umbrella Corporation seen in RE7 is basically a reformed version of the company (made up in part of people who used to work for the original Umbrella in their legitimate businesses) who's mission is to handle bioweapon incidents and basically clean up the mess that they were inadvertently part of.

Zombiedrd

No Longer a Noob
Jan 28, 2006

Yeah.
Chad Redfield