Oct 3, 2010
I've tried to find comparison videos but there aren't any. Does anyone know if the graphics/performance is better on one version than the other? Or maybe if one version has exclusive DLC or content?

On a side note, the reason why I want to get this game is because I think it may be the answer to my prayers. I've been praying for a new game like Spiderman 2 for years and I wonder if this is really it. The problem is that I don't think the web slinging free-roaming is the same. I remember in Spiderman 2 you had all these cool upgrades like tricks and moves you could do while web slinging and also web slinging wasn't that easy (unless you were on easy difficulty). I've heard that web slinging isn't like that in Amazing Spiderman and that it's more automated and streamlined. Is that true? If it is, is it still fun?

And the Arkham Asylum/City-like gameplay seems appealing to me because I love those games, is the gameplay really exactly the same?

Oct 3, 2010
um, I think I forgot to mention that I'm talking about The Amazing Spider-Man game. haha. I'm not sure if this board is really about the game or just general Spider-man, but that seemed to be what everyone else is talking about.

Kivalto612

Noob
Jun 25, 2012
I think its still a blast. I too miss the spiderman 2 days, but this game is still a lot of fun with the web swinging you do have. Its not as good to be honest, but the combat and makes up for it in my opinion.

Nvzman

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 17, 2010
I've tried to find comparison videos but there aren't any. Does anyone know if the graphics/performance is better on one version than the other? Or maybe if one version has exclusive DLC or content?

On a side note, the reason why I want to get this game is because I think it may be the answer to my prayers. I've been praying for a new game like Spiderman 2 for years and I wonder if this is really it. The problem is that I don't think the web slinging free-roaming is the same. I remember in Spiderman 2 you had all these cool upgrades like tricks and moves you could do while web slinging and also web slinging wasn't that easy (unless you were on easy difficulty). I've heard that web slinging isn't like that in Amazing Spiderman and that it's more automated and streamlined. Is that true? If it is, is it still fun?

And the Arkham Asylum/City-like gameplay seems appealing to me because I love those games, is the gameplay really exactly the same?
There is virtually no difference between the two (although we all know PS3 is bet-*Shot for almost starting a flamewar*). Although yes, the game feels like a combination between Spider-Man 2 (IMO this is better) and Batman: Arkham games. I do think that it fits Spider-Man quite well, however. On the topic on SM2, I think that it had terrible combat, story, and city events, but the one thing that saved it for me was the web-swinging being so incredibly fun. This game to me basically fixes everything SM2 had that was bad, but still kinda doesn't have the same feeling with web-swinging (still really fun though). One problem? WHY THE HECK DOESN'T THIS GAME RUN IN 1080P?! GRAAAHHH.

Oct 3, 2010
i see, thanks for the help. But I have heard of a lot of people with disappearing save file issues on the ps3 so I think I'll just get for the Xbox.

Nvzman

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 17, 2010
It runs in 1080p for xbox...just saying.
No it doesn't. I actually checked the Xbox version at a friend's house, and yeah, it is either upscaled or not 1080p at all, cause it looked really blurry on a "65.

Kivalto612

Noob
Jun 25, 2012
Check the specs for it, it says it runs on 1080p. I personally think it looks better on a 360 as well. Maybe it was just a lie, but in the specs on the box and online it says it runs in 1080p.

Nvzman

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 17, 2010
It's up-scaled. If you don't know what that means, it was made in 720p, then they just upped the resolution one.
PS3 games are played in the definition they were made with, while Xbox games have a requirement to be in 1080p, but that doesn't normally mean anything, as up-scaling only makes it look slightly better.