Aubrey_Knight

Prime Member
Sep 12, 2001
Wow, I can't believe how dead this board has become.

Anyway, I was just wondering what are people's thoughts on X-Men: First Class now that Matthew Vaughn (Stardust, Kick-Ass) is confirmed as the director. Are you excited about a new X-Men film with a new younger cast, or are you just tired of the whole franchise.

Thoughts?

Malodac

No Longer a Noob
Nov 10, 2009
I'm kind of curious if we'll have a film with the actual first class from the comics-Cyclops, Iceman, Marvel girl, Beast and Angel. If so they'd probably reboot the continuity...

Or they'll take the continuity from X-men Origins. Emma Frost has already been confirmed as a character....

The problem however is that the "First class" is actually kind of boring, and as many marvelites know, the comic didn't really get good and popular until they brought in the All-New, All-Different team-Nightcrawler, Storm, Collosus and of course Wolverine (Plus a few others that didn't stick around for long). (Although there was a few good first class issues like the Havok story arc). The current films largely are based on the post-1975 X-men.

gravic

Noob
Nov 9, 2010
Jean character is really powerful. And she is good gf of the guy.. I like the concept of this movies based mutants.

ka_tet19

Noob
Apr 5, 2011
I am for it as long they can do a good job depecting the relationship between Xavier and Magneto. If their back and forth is stiff, then we are back to X3 (nice fights, but everything else pretty terrible).

On hypinion it seems to be doing ok with plenty of people tweeting about the movie, I think there is still good support for the X-Men franchise, but if this isn't handled properly I will start to worry about the integrity of these movies.

[link=http://hypinion.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=7&table=Movie&product=94]hypinion[/link]

yc168

Noob
Jul 26, 2011
YAY, was an awesome movie and really explained alot, especially the relationship between xavier and magneto

Oct 5, 2011
Twas a great movie, for sure. My only complaint was that January Jones was pretty terrible as Emma Frost. Yes, she looked hot. But it seemed like she didn't put any effort into acting.

Oct 11, 2011
ApeLincoln45 said:
Twas a great movie, for sure. My only complaint was that January Jones was pretty terrible as Emma Frost. Yes, she looked hot. But it seemed like she didn't put any effort into acting.

The movie was so-so. I didn't like how the actors acted in their characters. There was something missing.