Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1161582p1.html]X-Men: First Class - Michael Fassbender Interview[/link]
by Chris Tilly

Summary:
The man who becomes Magneto discusses Civil Rights, Nazi-hunting, mutant sex and Comic-Con on the set of the forthcoming X-Men reboot. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1161582p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Hailsy23

Noob
Jan 4, 2010
As long as magneto goes medival on some nazis, and vinnie jones as juggernaut is nowhere to be seen lol, this film should be awesome

Nov 24, 2010
This movie is going to suck b*lls. It releases in 6/7 weeks and they're still shooting it, there's your biggest clue of all!

Feb 3, 2006
'Shaw had him in these concentration camps' For real? Sebastian Shaw was born in Pittsburgh how could he be anywhere near a concentration camp? Why is it so hard to read a fucking comic book that is already story boarded out for you in color for that matter and still F it up.

Zeek81

Noob
Oct 21, 2007
This movie isn't even on the same level as Thor, Captain America and Green Lantern. This like like Elektra level cheese. Who in the world greenlit this garbage?

Feb 9, 2011
This is probably one of the first superhero movies in quite a while where im actually dreading it more than looking foward to it. I just hope when not viewing the movie as an x-men movie it at least turns out decent.

xorx

Tactical Box Action
Mar 6, 2010
This actually looks pretty good. Don't know why people are bashing this.

808john

Noob
Jul 15, 2009
WTF! His knowledge os Erik and Magneto seems so one dimensional! And what's up with the Prof. X sex comment?! Fer realz? McAvoy references MLK & Malcom X and he's referencing mutant sex as a relatable topic? Right…..

Feb 27, 2010
wow, i'm still looking forward to this film, but it's really funny how he is so ignorant to the world of comics. he admits it, but in the end of the interview, it is so clearly true: "There is a lot of interesting things about the human condition and human behaviour to be explored with X-Men, and I don't know if you can find that in either of those two other films." lol. he really doesn't know [face_tongue]

jtmarsh5

Noob
Feb 21, 2011
middle finger to first five people who posted- i'm with you Xorx this movie looks great and with the cast and matthew vaugn directed the action will be awesome- people don't get that this is not a reboot or based on an the actual comic first class- this movie is based off of the bryan singer x men world- stop hating assholes because your the first ones who are going to watch this and regret what you said

p.s. michael fassbender is the f-ing man can't wait

Longbow37

Noob
Mar 25, 2011
I had actually almost forgotten about this movie... It's not that I'm against it, I'm just not really that excited for it. I think the third X-Men sucked, and the least we can hope for is some kind of reparation for what Final Stand lost.

McGribble

Prime Member
Apr 5, 2006
I really wish they had this design for the helmet in the first movie. It is 100% spot on to the comic books. It does look a little big on his head, but still looks better than what they had in the three previous X-Men movies.

Feb 3, 2006
I'm not going to regret my comment and big middle finger back you bub for trying to single us out just because we have love for the SOURCE MATERIAL and yeah I'm fully aware its not based off that crap book called first class--I'm referring to the real deal the stuff that was written by Stan Lee and Chris Claremont and so on. And yeah it does need a reboot called let someone with some actual respect for the books make a faithful adaption. When they pick directors they pick the flavor of the month and it just happend to be Vaughn cause oh yeah he made kick-ass so yeah that defiantly qualifys him, WRONG.

JediMasterGabe

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 7, 2010
I've said it before, but I'm just getting more and more excited for this movie. And these interviews have been great as well. McAvoy's in particular, he really understood his character and the movie in general.

ZBaksh386

Noob
Mar 24, 2010
I'm pretty psyched for this movie and i think that the marvel movies are all tied and green lantern has a lot more to prove.

May 23, 2010
I really want to know in what world the writers on this website exist in....

How the heck can ANYONE consider this a "substanial" interview by any meaning of the word? This is even worst than the interview you did with the guy play Charles Xavier. What an absolute crock.

And look at how crass the actor is. So basically they've boiled down Magneto and Professor X...2 of the GREATEST characters in the history of comic books...legends and heroes to millions of fans....to being nothing more than being OBSESSED with mutant/human sex and mutant/mutant sex?

ARE YOU SH*TTTING ME IGN?

And then to make it worse you ask him to define their relationship and all he can do is COPY James McAvoy's answer?

This movie is going to SUCK.

bdez90

Noob
Mar 6, 2009
The sex comments worry me. I hope they don't have X being all corny and trying to hit on babes all the time. I know he's young so I'm willing to let it slide to some degree but at the same time its X so he has to be that wise mentor setting an example.

yeismeload

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 27, 2004
Love Marvel, but that pic of him on the main ign page in the helmet looks absolutely damned awful. It looks utterly out of place with the rest of his garb, and obviously they decided to slap it on him just so we all know which one of them is Magneto.

Grahf_Zero

Noob
May 30, 2008
I don't know why, but his reference to Magneto being a Machiavellian type character sort of made me a bit happy, given Magneto said the same thing in a recent issue while discussing his public relations image.

jsonn110

Noob
Feb 12, 2011
This will probably be something I'm going to skip and wait till it comes out on dvd. Kick Ass wasn't really that great of a movie either. Just my opinion.

srb11

Noob
Apr 15, 2011
love x-men but not sure this was right direction to go would have preferred for the series to go forward instead of backwards!!

SnHBanshee

Noob
Apr 29, 2007
This movie looks horrible (if you're an actual X-Men comic fan).

Sure, it'll have great effects and action, but I won't ever be able to enjoy it knowing they completely effed up ORIGINAL X-Men.

Why can't we get writer's who just hand the director a comic book, and tell him "do that"?

Status
Not open for further replies.