Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1158473p1.html]X-Men: First Class: James McAvoy Interview[/link]
by Chris Tilly

Summary:
IGN sex, violence and baldness with the young Charles Xavier on the set of the forthcoming franchise reboot. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1158473p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

LEG1988

Noob
Oct 14, 2009
I hope this isn't an episode 1 case.

Also, this year both X-men and Captain America are set in earlier decades.

Utlimately, this summer will be a blood bath

Mar 28, 2011
there is very little i care about anything that has to do with Marvel.. sorry but dump the actors and make rated R cgi movies then i'll get excited

crazydiamond75

Prime Member
Oct 29, 2009
I was not looking forward to this at all, but the more I hear about it, and the trailer, I'm actually quite impressed. I think they might have pulled through. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

R

Raziel_The_Eternal

Original poster
Still very dubious about this but given that none of the X-men movies have followed any source material too closely i'll consider giving it the benefit of the doubt. If for no other reason than Wolverine ISN'T in it.

greensky25

Noob
Sep 2, 2008
this movie will be an epic fail! Im sorry but the trailer was boring and the whole story line is just not impressive to me! I would like to see xmen on a level of batman, lord of rings type movies that were well though out and had major creativity behind them. My favorite superheros are just getting ganked..sorry!

Mar 6, 2011
I liked the trailer, I like how they're using real history to shape how the x-men emerged, and I like that the two main actors are investing a lot of their time getting a sense of the character and their actions.

xavier_nj

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 12, 2007
It might or might not be good; who knows? Unlike other people I'll save judgement of the movie when I actually see the full movie for myself.

Aug 24, 2008
I'm still worried about this movie, but I'm definitely coming around to it. I just wish that it wasn't connected to the old movies...

rarodrig6

Noob
Aug 14, 2008
First the trailer looked better than I expected, now reading this interview I'm actually optimistic. Still cautious but its sounds like they got the characters right. Fox has already veered from the comics so much there is no point complaining any more, now I just hope for a good movie.

SCGamecock1263

BioSpock, until IGN switched me to this account.
Nov 3, 2009
I love this actor and it was a cool interview to read. I have always had kind of a lukewarm reaction to the X-men movies but I have to say im kind of excited about this one.

Dogapult

Noob
Jul 8, 2009
I just don't feel the interest in this one. Though the interview does sound interesting I've never cared much for the Foxized version of the Xmen, I mean this one looks even worse for simply riding on the Xmen brand more than anything else. The characters and plot might be interesting but this isn't even close to the Xmen to me.

Dec 4, 2010
Good casting of Magneto/Xavier; check.

Hellfire Club; check.

Interest in this film being halfway decent, and/or better than one might imagine; check.

maesterlee

Noob
Sep 6, 2008
The reason why Xavier lost his hair,Simple. His telepathic abilities become distorted through a lush head of hair,causes bad migraines. So Xavier decided to get out the Nair and go for the Mr Clean look. That way he could convince"eh hem" the ladies to meet him for the late night rendezvous. As for the chair Walking just makes him tired

Bertuzzi44fan

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 30, 2009
I thought the hair loss and wheelchair was a progression of his powers.That as his mind grew his body became more and more frail.At first he was probably like a Jean Grey level.

JediMasterGabe

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 7, 2010
Really good interview. Great to see that Mcavoy actually knows what he's talking about. I'm actually getting excited for this movie even though I was skeptical at first.

A

Argenthor1

Original poster
Wow, a very impressive interview. He had a lot to say which is really good!

Jan 7, 2011
man i was a bit skeptical about this movie but now im excited. i hope i dont end up disappointed like I did with wolverine.

Status
Not open for further replies.