MrDJ5462

Noob
Jun 24, 2012
Well I'm getting The Amazing Spider-Man for PS3 this August and I want to know if its worth it? Also I want to know why the DLC for it disappeared on the PSN Store? Please Answer!!

walter6869

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 11, 2010
If your a Spidey fan than its a buy. And I don't remember seeing any DLC on the PSN Store?

Last edited:

MrDJ5462

Noob
Jun 24, 2012
If your a Spidey fan than its a buy. And I don't remember seeing any DLC on the PSN Store?
It was there for a couple of days then disappeared, the dlc was Oscorp Search and Destroy, Stan Lee pack, Rhino Challenge and the vigilante suit but they all disappeared. Very annoying.

auzair

Noob
Sep 22, 2010
FREE ROAM IN PC ?? WILL IT BE SOME ONE PLS TELL I HAVE HEARD IT WILL BE SAME AS XBOX AND PS3 ??? ANY ONE

NICK_MX

Noob
Jan 22, 2011
I assume you are a spidey fan, so I would definately recommend this game, especially since you should be able to get a bit cheaper now, even if only by £10/$10

My only real problem with this game is that after you totally complete it, there is nothing left to do! For example, there are a set number of each open world events, muggings, car jacking etc etc, so once you finish them all, they don't respawn. I'd like a patch, or some DLC that will rememdy this.

Still, after I finished it 100% I immediately started playing on my wife's gamertag, and still enoyed it thoroughly.

PS - don't bother with any other difficulty setting other than the hardest, especially if you like earning achievements/Trophies. It's a fairly easy game.

MrDJ5462

Noob
Jun 24, 2012
I assume you are a spidey fan, so I would definately recommend this game, especially since you should be able to get a bit cheaper now, even if only by £10/$10

My only real problem with this game is that after you totally complete it, there is nothing left to do! For example, there are a set number of each open world events, muggings, car jacking etc etc, so once you finish them all, they don't respawn. I'd like a patch, or some DLC that will rememdy this.

Still, after I finished it 100% I immediately started playing on my wife's gamertag, and still enoyed it thoroughly.

PS - don't bother with any other difficulty setting other than the hardest, especially if you like earning achievements/Trophies. It's a fairly easy game.
Thank you very much, I have got the game and I really like it, I agree about the Side Missions because I've not even had it long and I've done them all! I deleted my Hero save and started playing on Super Hero and finished it.

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
I was considering getting this, but being a movie game, I'm skeptical. Also, it's still fifty or sixty bucks, which is too much for that kind of game.

Can anybody give me a summarization of the game's ups and downs?

Aug 27, 2009
Hey Jakob! How's life in the big city? I haven't played this game yet either. But from what I gather it's a lot better than Edge of time was.

MrDJ5462

Noob
Jun 24, 2012
I was considering getting this, but being a movie game, I'm skeptical. Also, it's still fifty or sixty bucks, which is too much for that kind of game.

I think its really good, its ups are that its fun, free roam its a good past time, its downs are graphics, glitches and that petty crimes run out.

Jun 16, 2012

I think its really good, its ups are that its fun, free roam its a good past time, its downs are graphics, glitches and that petty crimes run out.
I thought the graphics were good but there was texture pop ups and that the generic civilian character models don't have that much pop.

Jun 16, 2012

Just because it's a movie game doesn't mean it's bad.Toy Story 3 anyone?The game is exceptionally fun but some animations may repeat,it's glitchy but nothing that affects gameplay bad.Graphics are nice and I find it is on level with the Batman Arkham series.

MrDJ5462

Noob
Jun 24, 2012

Just because it's a movie game doesn't mean it's bad.Toy Story 3 anyone?The game is exceptionally fun but some animations may repeat,it's glitchy but nothing that affects gameplay bad.Graphics are nice and I find it is on level with the Batman Arkham series.
Toy Story 3 was poorly made in my opinion.

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010

Toy Story 3 was poorly made in my opinion.

Never played Toy Story 3. The only good movie games I've ever played are X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

And I can't belief that you're comparing this game to the Arkham series. I realize I still haven't played it but... no.

Nvzman

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 17, 2010

I thought the graphics were good but there was texture pop ups and that the generic civilian character models don't have that much pop.
Well, you could just play the Stan Lee DLC for the petty crimes.
For a console, the game looks great. The character models other than civilians have a lot of detail in them. I haven't encountered any glitches so far but I think it's actually my favorite Spider-Man game. The ONLY thing I think SM2 was good at was the free-roam. The story sucked, missions were annoying, and a lot was forgetable. Not only does this game have a good story, good voice actors, and great graphics, but the free roam finally feels large. In SM2, New York felt small. This game features less of it, but it feels so much more on a proper scale.
I'd give this game a try, it's a damn good movie-tie-in game.
9/10 for me.