Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://dvd.ign.com/articles/111/1114033p1.html]Wolverine and the X-Men: Final Crisis Trilogy DVD Review[/link]
by R.L. Shaffer

Summary:
The final three-episode "Foresight" arc wraps up the latest animated series featuring the world's greatest uncanny mutants. [link=http://dvd.ign.com/articles/111/1114033p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

RC-11

Noob
Jul 3, 2009
I've never like Wolverine and the X-Men. IMO X-Men (90s cartoon) and X-Men Evolution are much superior. Also: its called "Final Crisis"? I smell a lawsuit...

Jan 19, 2010
I liked Wolverine and the X-Men and was disappointed to find out it had been discontinued. Hopefully the Avengers series will be worth watching, the previous Avengers series was awful.

Jun 17, 2009
This show was incredibly great. I was so disappointed when they canceled it. I'm glad that the writers and people working on the show got to give it a proper finale. I'm sure to check this out.

RobGrizzly

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 14, 2008
It started out rough, but I think it was showing improvement. Probably would have been something great if allowed to go another season

ilfito

Prime Member
Feb 19, 2007
They should never score these releases higher than 6, it is really annoying they keep releasing this 3=4 episode packs. I know it is unrelate to the review but it should at least make it loose some points or have a huge disclaimer on the reviews.

SorynArkayn

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 17, 2009
I understand that it's IGN's job to review this single disk volumes of Wolverine & the X-Men... but can they explain to me why anyone should BUY this DVD.

You can buy the whole first (and last) season for about 20 bucks at Amazon. And if you can wait until October 12th (like me), you can buy the complete series on Blu-ray for less than the cost of two of these single DVD volumes. (And presently Amazon.ca's price is actually a dollar cheaper the Amazon's price for the blu-ray set.)

Regarding this DVD, these episodes were probably the best of this series. After a disappointingly unfocused and uninspired beginning to the series, it finally found its way about halfway through, and became worth watching. It's unfortunate that the producers of the series couldn't make the second season happen, because the Age of Apocalypse would've been a perfect story to devote an entire season to.

This series wasn't as good as the 1990s X-Men animated series, but it's good enough for any X-Men fan to own -- especially at the current price. Just don't waste your money of these lame single DVD volumes; buy the complete season set instead.

rlshaffer

Noob
Jan 23, 2009
I actually agree with you guys -- if I were a fan, I would just wait for the season long box set. Actually, at the end of almost all of these reviews, in the 'Bottom Line' section, I recommend doing that.

Still, the discs look and sound great, the content is good and the extras are decent. From a score standpoint, the discs get high ratings.

That said, I think these discs are really released with the idea that they'll rent well and gain awareness for the show. Anyone else who buys them are just hardcore fans who can't wait 'til the box set comes around. I can't imagine they produce many of these discs for the sales market.

But, like I said, I'd hold out for the season long set, especially since it's coming to Blu-ray, too. That set should look and sound fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.