CutToTheChase

The Bourgeois Network
Apr 12, 2008
Don't the Cavs have two lottery picks? Williams looks good now, but he just reminds me too much of Beasley to be considered a franchise player.

osukdawg76

The Vesti Ref
Feb 3, 2005
CutToTheChase said:
Don't the Cavs have two lottery picks? Williams looks good now, but he just reminds me too much of Beasley to be considered a franchise player.
Yep, they get the Clippers pick as well.

DaaaaaBears

Super Star
May 30, 2006
CutToTheChase said:

No one in this draft is projected to be a franchise player, so what should be a sure 20 ppg scorer wouldn't be too bad.

Obiwan316

Southern Jedi
Apr 25, 2001
Irving might go at that spot as well. Kid tried to carry Duke over Zona when his team stopped playing.

dab7291993

Super Star
Nov 19, 2006
Is Irving really gonna leave when he hasn't proven anything? I really didn't think Duke would be a school someone goes one and done at. I'd rather draft Walker, he's got defense, dribbling, passing, and most importantly scoring.

I honestly think Lighty is a sleeper in this draft, and I hope we can nab him second round if possible.

dab7291993

Super Star
Nov 19, 2006
I think Buford is gonna be drafted high, if he leaves. He's only a JR. He's gonna be a good wing player. I think he can be a lottery pick. But Lighty is projected Late 1st - Early Second.

unc71290

Noob
May 30, 2004
CutToTheChase said:

I can see somewhat of a comparison, but most importantly, without the headcase part.

Obiwan316

Southern Jedi
Apr 25, 2001
I don't know about Irving leaving or not. He was projected number 1 all season so I'm not sure if one game that he still scored 28 points in will change that.

Duke has had a few one and dones or two and dones so you never really know. There are so many factors.

unc71290

Noob
May 30, 2004
Obiwan316 said:
I don't know about Irving leaving or not. He was projected number 1 all season so I'm not sure if one game that he still scored 28 points in will change that.

Duke has had a few one and dones or two and dones so you never really know. There are so many factors.

Irving is a different type of player than Coach K has usually recruited. Not many players at Duke have had the option to leave after one season and be drafted as a top 5 pick. Luol Deng is the only player that I can think of in the last 10 years that Coach K had to worry about leaving after his freshman year, and look how that turned out.

Jun 27, 2009
Just posting to give some life but Cleveland got this right at 1. Irving - barring any injury - is going to be a star, I really do think so. He won't be able to carry the Cavs like LeBron obviously but if they can add someone like Harrison Barnes, Austin Rivers...someone who can score in next year's draft, they will at least be a consistent playoff team. Irving has tremendous size and his basketball IQ is off the charts, he isn't afraid to step up and just carry his team to the finish line either, he's the reason why we beat MSU this year.

j_flava

Star
Jul 28, 2005
BE-Baseballer said:
Just posting to give some life but Cleveland got this right at 1. Irving - barring any injury - is going to be a star, I really do think so. He won't be able to carry the Cavs like LeBron obviously but if they can add someone like Harrison Barnes, Austin Rivers...someone who can score in next year's draft, they will at least be a consistent playoff team. Irving has tremendous size and his basketball IQ is off the charts, he isn't afraid to step up and just carry his team to the finish line either, he's the reason why we beat MSU this year.
He's the reason you beat a 19-15 10 seed? WATCH OUT NBA!

Jun 27, 2009
I was just giving an example of how he can carry a team. Dude, if he doesn't have injury problems he can be as good as Chris Paul.

j_flava

Star
Jul 28, 2005
I carried my rec team to a win against a bunch of black kids. Next Chris Paul what up?

DrDraxion

No Longer a Noob
Jan 6, 2009
j_flava said:
I carried my rec team to a win against a bunch of black kids. Next Chris Paul what up?
I dominated some scrub wheelchair team, those f**kers couldn't even match my rebounding ability and I had better wheels then them.

dab7291993

Super Star
Nov 19, 2006
I hope it works out, I can't believe we drafted Tristan Thompson, but that really shows me they did their homework. Whenever a team goes out on a limb like this it has to be for a reason.