Andyster

No Longer a Noob
Oct 12, 2014
I’m genuinely unsure. I have a hybrid accord that I really like but it’s coming up on 10 years old and it’s an unpleasant market still.

My first thought is a phev given that my daily mileage is very small and I could run 99.9 percent of trips off that and when I need it get gas for the rare road trip. But the ioniq 5 and model 3 are kind of nice looking but new cars are really pricey and would be 2x what I’ve ever purchased.

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
It depends. If they make a car/truck that has 4wd/awd and can get me to hiking trails across rocky dirt roads or sandy desert roads, and it’s ev or hybrid, and it has the same range as a gas powered equivalent, then I’m all for it. Until then, I need a gas 4wd to get to my destinations

NewGoatPig

No Longer a Noob
Jun 17, 2017
I bought a V8 sports car convertible the other year. They aren't producing them anymore, supposedly. I don't know what I will buy next.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
Hard to say. I’d like to go with EV but the tech isn’t exactly where I’d like it to be yet. Hybrid seems to be the best of both worlds right now.

gsilver

Star
Sep 6, 2000
Using my current car until either I or it dies, or at least has a repair bill in excess of its replacement cost.

Its replacement will be an ICE, probably.

Andyster

No Longer a Noob
Oct 12, 2014
My Wife just got an ice car b/c the one car compromise we’d been working on for a year stopped being convenient.

Coming from a hybrid the noise is a lot. Actually this is the biggest thing I’m looking forward to in an electric or plug in is the quiet being an all the time thing instead of city driving only.

Nov 9, 2002
Picked up a lightly used and heavily discounted 2023 Audi RS5 Sportback last year so will probably be a bit from me unless I try to cash out / get something cheaper to maintain.

My wife has a 2017 Subaru Legacy with less than 50k miles on it. New tires last year. She seems to have no interest in spending on a car.

So no idea what will be next. I imagine it will be ICE or Hybrid. Electric in the cold winters is still an issue and in Wisconsin we don’t have great electric charging, almost nothing in my area or where I travel. And I’d have to get the wiring in my garage which has been a challenge for my friends.

Solar7

Final Justice!
★ MOD
Aug 3, 2000
Las Vegas
I'm probably a far way off from buying a new car as mine still is under 60k miles, but probably either ICE or hybrid. I don't come across enough electric pumps to be comfortable in a fully electric vehicle yet. I don't want to be stuck in a situation where I have to sit around and wait for my car to charge or for a pump to get free because I can't make it home otherwise.

I'm one of those people who gets anxious if his phone goes below 50% and I don't have a portable charger with me.