Dec 10, 2012
Venezuela
Lets put something aside first: I hate Superman as a character, ALOT, and no im not one of those diehard "Cause hes Batman" fans (Lobo for the win). Even though i hate him im the kind of man who respects his foes and i know what he represents (eve though there are others better examples). Why am i pointing this out you think?
Well because i cant understand that if a guy like me, who hates Superman, understands better what superman is and how he acts than this movie and apparently 99% of all who saw this movie.

The mayor point of this movie is to change Superman, to "redeem" him or shall i saw "Reform" him? but it fails miserably to capture the essence of Superman persona. This movie feels like it was made by one of those batman fans who think "Superman is a brute and only knows to punch stuff". Thank you you just refirmed that theory.

Before i made research on who Superman really is i though, like many of you out there, that he was just a brute who just puches stuff and its invincible. But then i realized that Superman is suposed to be a kind hearted Hero who is kind enough to not kill his foes even if he has the strenght to do so, and such a vegneful soul that during fights hes always watching to keep the citizens safe and whos mere prescence brings hope to all those around him, hell he even cares more about protecting a building that his own life. Pretty much Like Goku who will always find a way to lure the villain to not harm the city and take the hits if its nesesary.

In this movie Superman is portrayed as a stupid little brat who just punches and destroys stuff and doesnt care about anything or anyone. Wait a minute... was this movie the origin of Superman or Superboy Prime? Because here he feels more like that Stupid Man-child that the real superman!

In any case this is the opinion of an enemy of Superman who hates him whit every molecule of his body but at the same time respects him and wants his legacy to be respected. Now if you excuse me i heard that SUperman is in Infinite Crisis (Game) so Joker and i have some business to attempt *ahem*.

Thanks for reading plz reply and tell me what you think

ItsTheAsh

Noob
Aug 4, 2013
Two things:-
- You need to work on your English, pal.
- Something is wrong with your eyes, we clearly saw two different movies.

Dec 24, 2013
Well, I enjoyed movie, and as you I'm not supes fan, in fact I'm batman dude and hated superman before that movie. MOS recreates clasic superman formula, and changing well known line : "it's a bird, it's a plane, no its superman" to "it's a..... run it's coming right at us"
wich is more realistic take, because if any boy wonders to have powers like superman, they do not want to see someone other having that, because no one trusts stranger. and to be honest, wonderers need supes powers not to save random people from falling giant globe, rebuilding broken wall or throwing entire continent to outer space.
movie showed us that superman can punch, be fighter, and even kill. and as movie was intended to be part of franchise, it left stories to be told in sequels, like why he won't kill anymore, or why he'll become hope for people and be true hero, or Superman.
I think the movie doesn't fails. It's not great, it's not The Dark Knight of superman movies, but it is still good movie, wich deservs chanse for sequel.

Johnnyboom

Noob
Oct 13, 2015
You have to be very shallow to not see the depth of the superman build up in man of steel. Everything the haters whine about is just the intro of a slow and amazing character build up. Every scenes (even the "random" destruction) was actually part of the long term set up....and yes, even his father sacrifice. Supe his a conflicted mind who has been forced into exposing himself because of zods. He was not ready and Batman has good reasons to see him as an extreme danger. That duel and those dialogues in BvS will be good BECAUSE of man of steel...

Superman will build up into who he should be, but we get to see the pain and struggle he'll face. He's too good and nice for humans... enduring our shit and still loving us and wanting to live a human life is what makes him epic. I want to see him cry on his knees before lex after some epic manipulation that we did't see coming.

But i won't loose my time explaining it to the hater s crowd. Can't expect much from people who thinks that comic books superman, lutor or Storys as a whole would make anything else than a popcorn movie. People who read real books and like in depth characters are embrassing what warner bros are doing ... Man of steel has more depth than all mcu combined...but I know haters will say I'm stupid ...I don't care. I know all the arguments, They are all dumb and you should all stick with your drawing attached to bubbles with 2 sentences in it. Perfect for your brain lvl.