KingShmeag

Jurassic Park
Feb 7, 2009
404 Not Found
also for anyone that played it, GM Connected is missing too

I am beyond fucking mindblown that they didnt include EASHL in NHL15, but whats even more disappointing is that we are only finding out about it now. like wtf? thats a slap in the face to anyone who pre-ordered the game (I luckily didnt) because I bet half of those people dont even want this POS now

LordTyrannusGhost

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 10, 2010
I withdrew my pre order for the PS4.......in fact, I'm not getting NHL 15 period! I didn't spend $400 on a system to get a partially completed game......Really just a glorified HUT game! EA has ridden this horse straight into the manure pile! So, the last gen version gets all the modes and current gen gets?...........wavy jerseys? I will be playing Destiny ALOT this year!!!

KingShmeag

Jurassic Park
Feb 7, 2009
404 Not Found
Ok the backlash for it is getting out of control, FireRammer and EASHL were trending WORLDWIDE on twitter...A mode from an NHL video game was trending WORLDWIDE. thousands of preorders cancelled apparently, wow this is awesome

GHuysmans

Star
Dec 29, 2006
http://www.operationsports.com/feat...ted-otp-or-live-the-life-in-nhl-15-interview/

I'm not as mad as I was before.. It makes perfect sense where Sean is coming from.
If you've seen the number of people who work on the NHL game, it would make so much sense. They have so few employees working on the NHL franchise that they had Gurn Sumal working on GM Connected AND BAGM at once. Everyone is taking on more responsibilities than they should, and maybe this'll be a lesson to them in the future.

I for one am not mad about this anymore. It seems like they made the right decision from a business stand-point.

dquigley

titleless
Sep 20, 2003
The thing I don't understand is if they can supposedly patch in OTP, why they can't patch in EASHL? It's essentially the same mode right? One has actual teams, the other is create-a-players. Beyond that functionally it's the same thing from a gameplay perspective. I assume they still have create a player systems in place that could be used for EASHL.

One big thing we don't know is how popular EASHL really was. EA has sales numbers and can tell how many people were playing this. There's a lot of upset people on the internet but the vast majority of those who buy this game don't talk about it online. Of course we knew they would prioritize HUT because microtransactions bring in extra money, so that makes sense. Ultimately anybody truly concerned has to vote with their wallet. If you want EASHL don't buy the game. Don't preorder, don't buy it at launch, don't buy it when it hits $20. A sharp nosedive in sales from year to year is the only thing that is going to get a corporation's attention.

GHuysmans

Star
Dec 29, 2006
Only other explanation is interpreting leagues, leaderboards, EASHL servers, etc.
Beats me why they couldn't add it in..

Now I'm worried if they took CAP away or Edit Pro away

LordTyrannusGhost

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 10, 2010
There will be no online CAP! Only offline with BAP or Live the Life! Not on PS4 & Xbox1 anyways

Last edited:

dquigley

titleless
Sep 20, 2003
That's a disasterous list. Though no custom music should have surprised nobody considering both systems didn't support mp3 for the bulk of the development time.

SensFan101

Rock Band Board Minister of Foreign Affairs
Apr 1, 2007
To further add to the Be-A-Pro disaster:

So in addition to no prospects game and the lame draft, you just get to choose one of the 200+ generic heads which are the same as NHL 14 and there's no simming shifts or anything. It's literally the same mode from NHL 09 all over again.

starjord

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2000
There's a lot missing that I'm upset about but no simming shifts in BAP mode is probably the biggest nail in the coffin for me this year. To be honest, I've been looking to drop a game from my Fall (and especially September) purchases anyway and the giant list of missing features just pushed me over the edge.

Shame to as I enjoyed the gameplay from the demo. Guess that will have to do until Sept 2015

playcube2

Prime Member
Sep 29, 2005
No way in hell am I buying a half finished product. Even if EA patches the game and adds all the modes back, I still may not get the game. And if I do, I'll be buying it used. I'm not giving any money to EA for NHL 15 because of the junk they are releasing on launch day.

Feb 26, 2006
This is what you would've expected if they released at launch last year. To have skipped last year and offer this bare bones game is simply inexcusable. It is a shame, the gameplay feels good in the demo.

Nov 13, 2011
I had preordered nhl 15 the first day I was able to and voted #nhl Bergeron over 300 times only to find out that they weren't including my favorite game mode(eashl). I cancelled my preorder and won't be purchasing another game from ea until they include it, wether it be in this nhl or nhl 16. Sadly, I know that ea is the backstabbing bunch to maybe not go through with an nhl16 do to the decrease in profit over this backlash. Still though I refuse to buy an ea game until they include eashl in nhl. Fuck you ea. you can't just copy and paste a game with a new name and call it new. This is half a game and should be priced accordingly. Did the same with call of duty when they stopped enhancing their games and just made new maps and guns. Fuck them too

TDNY

Star
Oct 1, 2009
Old New York
Operation Sports said:
http://www.operationsports.com/news/760958/nhl-15-post-launch-content-update/
(This post has been promoted to the homepage. Written by NHL 15 Producer, Sean Ramjagsingh)

Thanks for being part of this journey as we head into the launch of NHL 15 on the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4, the start of a new generation of hockey videogames. We’re incredibly proud of the next-generation gameplay and presentation experience we’ve created for all our fans. From the Next-Generation Hockey Player and True Hockey Physics to the Unrivalled In-Arena Experience and a revolution in Broadcast Presentation, I’m extremely proud of what our team has delivered in one year on new technology. The focus on a new gameplay and presentation engine will not only deliver a great game now, but also give us the foundation to deliver next-generation hockey experiences to you for the years to come.

However, we’re not done. We’re committed to keeping the experience fresh throughout the hockey season, in addition to the roster and ratings updates you’ve always received, the list below contains the free content updates for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 we’re working on and our expected window on when you will see them in the game:

September:

Playoff Mode
Create a custom offline tournament bracket with up to 16 teams from any of the 12 leagues in the game. Play or simulate each game and track player and team stats throughout the tournament.

1410145837-media.jpg

1410145834-media.jpg

Be A Pro - Coach Feedback
Get the coach’s feedback while you are on the bench. The coach will give you tips on how to stay on top of your game and grade you on your play.

3 Stars of the Game
At the end of the game, see the three stars and their high level stats. Will apply to every game mode.

1410145831-media.jpg

Hockey Ultimate Team
Several content updates, including:
• Changed layout and navigation in HUT store
• New animations for player items
• Improved edit lines screen to better identify players that are injured or require contract extensions

October:

Online Team Play
Online multiplayer mode where every player on the ice can be human controlled.

1410145828-media.jpg

GM Draft
For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like real NHL GM’s. You will now only have 3 minutes to make a draft pick. If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the draft.

------

As always your feedback is fundamental to how we make NHL better and better, so we will also be looking to what you want to see implemented in the game.

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
NHL 2014 was the first hockey game I bought since 2006. I'm not really a hockey fan, but I was hooked on it for a good three months and EASHL and building my online Pro up. It had me buying 2015 before it was even announced. lol not anymore, did they take the puck out of the game, too?

royale7272

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 3, 2005
Ok the backlash for it is getting out of control, FireRammer and EASHL were trending WORLDWIDE on twitter...A mode from an NHL video game was trending WORLDWIDE. thousands of preorders cancelled apparently, wow this is awesome
Dude - I was waiting to buy a whole damn PS4 just to continue my friend's and I's EASHL team (BostonBakedBeans) in glorious next gen. They all pre-ordered the game, I did not, and they were fucking FLABBERGASTED THAT THERES NO GOD DAMN EASHL!!!!!!! When you boot it up on 2014, it always said like over 2 million games played to date....how would EA think that would be a mode no one would miss. I literally did not play any other mode in 2014 at all, and now did not buy a PS4, and certainly didn't want to support this game. It's all I can do with the rage towards this product: not buy it.