Jeff_is_2Xtreme

Aggie Proud
Oct 28, 2003
In my RTG, I am a QB. My carrying skill is a 99 yet I swear I fumble the ball an average of 3 times a game. Why can I have 99 in carrying as a QB yet fumble more often than a running back whose carrying is 90 or even well under that. RTG isn't the only mode I play but it's the only thing that has fumbleitis. I've noticed this with Manziel too (I'm an Aggie, yes). In the game he fumbles the ball a lot so to make it more realistic, I bumped up his carrying stats to 99 yet he still fumbles the ball fairly often (yes, I know in real life he's prone to fumbling - that's not my complaint). But why does a 99 carrying quarterback fumble constantly whereas a 99 carrying halfback never fumbles. Someone explain this logic. Ugh.

Sorry. /rant

DudeWhatsALandPirate

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2012
In my RTG, I am a QB. My carrying skill is a 99 yet I swear I fumble the ball an average of 3 times a game. Why can I have 99 in carrying as a QB yet fumble more often than a running back whose carrying is 90 or even well under that. RTG isn't the only mode I play but it's the only thing that has fumbleitis. I've noticed this with Manziel too (I'm an Aggie, yes). In the game he fumbles the ball a lot so to make it more realistic, I bumped up his carrying stats to 99 yet he still fumbles the ball fairly often (yes, I know in real life he's prone to fumbling - that's not my complaint). But why does a 99 carrying quarterback fumble constantly whereas a 99 carrying halfback never fumbles. Someone explain this logic. Ugh.

Sorry. /rant

It also has to do with Ball Carrier Vision and Awareness stats.

DudeWhatsALandPirate

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2012
As well as the Toughness stat.

My advice is cover the ball whenever you tuck and run. I've never had a problem with my QB fumbling as long as he covers the ball.

Jeff_is_2Xtreme

Aggie Proud
Oct 28, 2003
Hmm, fatigue could be part of it. My stats are almost 99 across the board since I'm in my senior season now. There's definitely been times where i was tucking the ball and I still fumbled. But oh well. This is true to life right? If you're gonna run and take hits, you're probably going to fumble the ball. I guess I need to put emphasis on sliding or running out of bounds and giving up a few extra yards to make sure I don't fumble.