Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1127264p1.html]Who Might Play The Flash?[/link]
by Phil Pirrello

Summary:
Which actor from The Hangover might play The Flash? Hint: Not Zach Galifenicantspellhislastname. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1127264p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Outlaw2836

Noob
Feb 21, 2010
Seems like a good choice to me. Flash is my fav. DC superhero and I would love to see this movie happen.

Oct 12, 2007
Cooper only if its wally, If its Barry Id go for NPH he can do the complexity needed for Barry not to mention he has a runners build.
Zachary Levi could also play Wally.

Balliard

Noob
Mar 2, 2010
Hey Ign what about making a feature of how to make a flash movie just like what you did with superman and green lantern

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
Wow, I could see it. But I really liked what the guy below me said, NPH could be Flash, too.

I

Icecreamkilla

Original poster
Seems like a bit of an uninspired choice.

Sep 16, 2010
I don't really know what to make of it. The Flash isn't my favourite character in the DCU, so I never really became concerned with the movie. I'm more the Superman and Batman (as far as DC).
I think he could probably pull it off, but like all these types of projects, it really comes down to the script and the director. You could have Oscar winners loaded in the movie and it might still turn into a terrible film if both the writer and director don't understand the character and the challenges with converting him from comic to film.
That said, I'm always happy to see more Bradley Cooper.

Jun 22, 2008
Can I get Reynolds and Cooper to flip flop roles, put Cooper as GL and Reynolds as Flash? That seems to work a bit better, IMO.

Feb 23, 2009
not my first choice. if anything, he should have played Hal Jordan GL and Ryan Reynolds playing barry allen. Bradley's a solid enough actor but I'm hoping for someone else to portray the flash

Jan 23, 2008
I'm all for this. I can just see the phone call coming from the middle of a desert on the other side of the world: "Iris, we $%#*@! up."

Lucread

Noob
May 12, 2010
Cooper would make a pretty decent Barry Allen... I, being a DC fanboy, would totally back this decision. Now if it were Wally West (the Flash Ryan Reynolds was originally up for), I'd say no, absolutely not... but its not Wally, so thats not an issue.

dom_osx

I like Macs.
Sep 18, 2007
brooklyn
For whatever reason I despise that man, so I hate the idea of him playing a lead in a franchise I would like to enjoy. I could understand the casting, and I'm sure many others would like him in the flick, but I inexplicably can't stand the dude.

k.k.slider25

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 5, 2007
I wanted Cooper for GL and Reynolds for Flash, but hey I'll take the opposite. I grew up watching the comedic Barry Allen from the DCAU, but Cooper would make a pretty good Bart Allen who is more serious, but can trash talk with the best of them. This would make me want to see a JL movie even more. Stupid non-connected DC movie universe :(

Oct 4, 2009
As much as I enjoy Cooper's work I personally would prefer Neil Patrick Harris in the role and thats not because he did a bang up job on New Frontier but I think you can completely envision him as Barry Allen in Live-Action.

Vladimon

Noob
Jul 28, 2010
I don't know I'm sure Cooper will look ok in the tights, the thing is he always comes off as too cocky or sleezy to play barry allen or wally west... who knows, we'll just have ta see wonder how he'll look in a bow tie [face_tongue]

Neil Patrick Harris to me was always the perfect pick for the flash, maybe Sharlto Copley could be fun as the flash if he beef up a bit and maybe Edward Norton if he wasn't so difficult.

my big question is, whoever would be the vilain in this, who'd play them. Maybe Stephen lang as captain cold

nalindra

Noob
Oct 8, 2009
I don't mind cooper but I think ideally CHRIS PINE looks the best to play flash,his ability to mix little bit of humour into action was awesome in star trek and that is the ideal setup for flash

jestarman

Prime Member
Feb 19, 2004
isn't he a bit too big??? doesn't the flash have a runner's build??? ditto on the ryan and bradley switching roles thing.

brunnerand

Noob
Aug 7, 2009
I think Cooper would make a great Flash, but like many of you have said, switching him and RR in roles seems like a better fit for both. Hopefully they prove us wrong.

@JayPeriod - I have TOTALLY thought that! NPH is the man.

brunnerand

Noob
Aug 7, 2009
I think Cooper would make a great Flash, but like many of you have said, switching him and RR in roles seems like a better fit for both. Hopefully they prove us wrong.

@JayPeriod - I have TOTALLY thought that! NPH is the man.

warwolf28

Noob
Aug 6, 2009
I think cooper might be good flash if you think about it like say a charming and wity guy but can he lay a super hero role thats a diffrnet story i cant say he can or cant might be good might be bad who knows all im saying is that it could go any where like he could do good in his part but say some one play one of his rogues gallery play horrably then its a new situation i mean the flash has the sillyst rogues ever cpt boomerrang? the trickster? weather wizerd? do any of thous guys sound cool to you? i mean could do bad could do good now all we got to rely on is that a compatint director and a good cast will pull it off otherwise the flash is doomed...

Vladimon

Noob
Jul 28, 2010
although he'll be directing Superman, I'd actually would like to see Zack snyder direct this one,
his slow motion than spead up style would be interesting for action scenes in a flash movie, plus with how crazy over the top sucker punch looks, seems like he'd be able to tackle the rogues' transition on to film...

emoney941

Noob
May 20, 2008
I still don't understand why Reynolds isn't the Flash and Cooper could have been Green Lantern, but hopefully they know what they're doing. I wouldn't mind Cooper as the Flash but honestly, I think Neil Patrick Harris would be perfect as the Flash (he's even voiced him in a number of cartoons).

Jul 10, 2009
Before I would have been skeptical about Cooper as the FLASH, but after watching him on the A-TEAM this summer (believe it or not, a great movie!) I think he's the perfect choice. His character ("Face") in the A-team has the charisma and bravado that "The Flash" character is. He also hit the gym for the role and it shows, so he can wear a tight red costume with no trouble.

SCSAFan

Noob
Aug 15, 2008
@ gerrytown1971

Couldn't agree more, nor could I have said it better myself. A Team was a great movie too, by the way lol

Feb 6, 2008
hmm...interesting casting choice...i guess it COULD work...i thought he look familiar..all this time i couldnt pinpoint him to Alias..now i know..ironic how his career has blossom since Alias..plus..he has chosen smart roles..so that helps...i hope he does the character justices

Aug 17, 2010
REALLY wanted him as GL, NOT Reynolds, but I'm definitely excited by this, and I agree that the A-Team definitely helps me to envision it more clearly, but I can't help but wish their roles were switched. I like GL over Flash and I like Cooper over Reynolds

Batman8893

Prime Member
Aug 16, 2007
I was with the rest of you guys at first of originally having Cooper as Hal and RR as Barry, but I think now RR is the best choice for Hal. RR understands Hal Jordan and has the cocky but naive at first. I think Cooper is sometimes to cheery for GL

Zeek81

Noob
Oct 21, 2007
I don't see it. They need more of a comedian for the role IMO. I've never seen Cooper as a quip delivering type of actor. Yes I know the hangover was a comedy but he wasn't the funny character in the movie.

chain28

Noob
Sep 8, 2010
I think this is a good call, I think Cooper would be a good Barry Allen. I seen some posts about Neil Patrick Harris being a better Barry Allen. I think they have their Flashes mixed up. Wally is the cut up. Which Neil would have down flat. I am ashamed to say that I never thought of NPH as Wally West till then. Barry is more serious, that is why when he came back the rouges paniced. Wally would let them off with a slap on the wrist, Barry would take them down. I am very pleased with this.

jrayko

Noob
May 19, 2007
its a good pick...i would prefer him to be green lantern cuz im selfish and i want reynolds to only play deadpool...but still overall i think if he gets the job it will be a good pick

Mazrim_T

Noob
Jul 1, 2010
I'm tellin ya...cast Bradley Cooper for Drake in the Uncharted movies!! He has that more rugged "Indiana Jones feel" to him, plus that natural wit and charisma about him.

He would knock that role out of the park!!

Khris1

Noob
Sep 29, 2005
Outside of Sean William Scott i really cant think of any1 else even though if h does get the role i still believe that DC got characters confused because i still believe that Ryan was made for that role but after watching A-Team I do believe he can fire quips off with the best of them and does have an arrogant persobnality to match

Dec 12, 2009
Agreed. Put Bradley Cooper as Drake in the Uncharted movie. Done deal. Oh and also stick to the story of the game. And the script from the game would probly be perfect to just integrate into a movie with a few changes. But wait I'm supposed to be talking about The Flash.
As the post below says, Sean William Scott would be the best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.