Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
A question that comes up in every Fighting Game/ Action Game with various characters. Which Character/ Mobile Suit have you Mained In the Dynasty Warrior games? What New characters in DWG3 do you think you may main next?

I personally Mained Kira/ Strike Freedom Gundam. It has such a stylish combo, its Charge 5 Attack was top tier, it's stats have just a great feeling to it, such as speed and shot, and etc. It's Aerial SP was such a powerful move, and very wide, and it's Combo SP Attack gave me much control. I could destroy many Mook Suits, do great damage on Aces, and even if the Ace blocked at first, I can get behind it and get it caught for big damage. Not too mention, when combined with Overdrive and High Tension, the Strike Freedom becomes one of the Game Breakers, because it's Charge 6 refills your SP bar extremely fast, thus making your SP attacks constantly available.

thotrott

Noob
Oct 5, 2010
I main as Zechs in both 1 and 2. I switched between zero and epyon. I 3 though I am gonna try the three new wing pilots and Setsuna from 00 and choose which I enjoy more

Aug 4, 2010
My main for 2 is Amuro and The O. The combo SP is redic OP, great for clearing everything.

I'm excited for the Sinanju, the gameplay I've seen for it looks awesome.

Phantom-Pain

Still not Kojima
Mar 16, 2007
My Default has always been Scirocco and The-O.

Might change to Treize and the Tallgeese II or Tieria and the Seravee later. :^O

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
I hear that. I gotta say, I am rather looking forward to Gato and GP-02. I can't wait to see the full power of that Nukezooka.

thotrott

Noob
Oct 5, 2010
Haha you like the big mobile suits judging by your choices. I saw game play of the tallgeese 2. It seemed strong but there wasnt much in the vid except a strong bazooka and melee.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
They sure are adding a lot of new suits with those huge radius explosion attacks. I mean before it was Just Turn A's Nuke. But now there is GP-02 Nukezooka, Talgeese II's um Bazooka laucner cannon thing, even DX's Satelite Beam move could be considered one.

I love they added The Twister Blade move with Heavy Arms. In Wing, the kill where Heavy Arms slices the downed Mobile Suit with that attack was my favorite kill in the show... And really the only remarkable one from it too.

Phantom-Pain

Still not Kojima
Mar 16, 2007
There was a good few of us who proposed Heavyarms would end up using that corkscrew attack with the combat knife the way Trowa killed Inspector Acht in the show lol. It even has the same beam saber installed in the left elbow joint just like back in the Antartic battle with Zechs.

Seravee has some serious overpowered potential in crowd control combat that The-O can't even touch imo. Trans-Am, Face burst, GN Bazooka, Seraphim backpack, GN Field and not to mention six limbs ready to multitask in ways that would make Master Paptimus uber jealous lol.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB70Sk2gV9M]Tallgeese II looks pretty top-tier here.[/link] Lots of fast paced wide slashs at medium range and very speedy vernier movement. Not to mention the Dobergun looks ideal for musou crowd control.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
It is fairly mighty. I got a feeling that rapid thrust attack is going to be rendered less useful in the harder battles though. It leaves it wide opened, and if the Mook Suit Bazooka's is as much as a problem here as they were in DWG2, then it will be hard to sucessfully get off.

I'm hoping that the Strike Freedom, and I suppose Infinte Justice by extension, get the Meteor Packs, perhaps for a combo musou attack. I can imagine it starts with the Meter Beam Sabers attacking in a wide movement, and in the end they do the Meteor Full Burst blast. They would be orgasmic.

Turn A is looking even better than before, with it's new attack of Charging forward, whirling the Gundam Hammers around. And an improvement on what was already maybe the best suit in the game says a lot.

Mar 10, 2010
I ALWAYS rock Hero Yui and Wing Zero first. I love powering Wing Zero up and just blasting people left and right and sometimes in circles lol !!!

zgmfx

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 4, 2004
I generally prefer the faster characters. Trying to play through the CCA Char missions in the Sazabi were a nightmare for me.

Destiny is my favorite. Its fast, the sword gives it range, and its musou attack, on the ground at least, isn't half bad.

Hyakku Shiki isn't bad either. The Quattro missions were extremely enjoyable to play through because of that.

I also like to play as F91, but mostly for fun, because of the after image thing you get when you activate its musou.

I'm curious about Unicorn, but it looks like most of its attacks will just be shooting various lasers.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
zgmfx said:
I generally prefer the faster characters. Trying to play through the CCA Char missions in the Sazabi were a nightmare for me.

Destiny is my favorite. Its fast, the sword gives it range, and its musou attack, on the ground at least, isn't half bad.

Hyakku Shiki isn't bad either. The Quattro missions were extremely enjoyable to play through because of that.

I also like to play as F91, but mostly for fun, because of the after image thing you get when you activate its musou.

I'm curious about Unicorn, but it looks like most of its attacks will just be shooting various lasers.

I found the Sazabi to be one of the worser mobile suits. Nu Gundam too, but that is considered to be a top tier mobile suit because it's Charge 6 is like a 1 hit ko on most things.

Thats why I liked Strike Freedom. FAster and fluent movements/attacks.

Phantom-Pain

Still not Kojima
Mar 16, 2007
I never liked the Nu Gundam either. Alot of it's attacks relied upon vertical or short range slashs, made relavent to put up with by the power of the gamebreaking charge attacks.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py6qCtML5Jo]Watch these True Dynasty Warriors Gundam stage missions.[/link] You'd be surprised what is considered top tier even amongst Grunt units able to take on the toughest missions in the second game.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
good god! Thats not being a top tier suit. thats being a "Super Ace!" (haha, see what I did there). He must of made all 5 Part abilities Cross-Drive to power up that attack to MAXIMUM POWAR

thotrott

Noob
Oct 5, 2010
I think I am gonna main as Treize with zechs as my co pilot(and alt) with a operator but idk who i can select for that exactly

Oct 15, 2008
DWGI & II gone with Heero (Wing Zero) because he is one of my favorite characters. With DWG III will be stickying with Heero but also play Setsuna (00 Raiser) & Trowa (Heavy Arms Kai).

Dec 20, 2010
As of yet, in all the gundam Games, I have Mained as Heero (Wing Gundam Zero), And messed around with Zechs Marquise (Gundam Epyon), as Gundam Wing is my Favorite Series. But in DWGIII, IM definitely gunna have to try out with Unicorn Gundam, Heavyarms, and Tallgeese, But i have a feeling most of my attention is going to be Given To Duo Maxwell (Gundam Deathscythe Hell), As that is my favorite Character AND Gundam in Any Series, Ever. haha[face_cool]

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
DeathscytheKotsu said:
As of yet, in all the gundam Games, I have Mained as Heero (Wing Gundam Zero), And messed around with Zechs Marquise (Gundam Epyon), as Gundam Wing is my Favorite Series. But in DWGIII, IM definitely gunna have to try out with Unicorn Gundam, Heavyarms, and Tallgeese, But i have a feeling most of my attention is going to be Given To Duo Maxwell (Gundam Deathscythe Hell), As that is my favorite Character AND Gundam in Any Series, Ever. haha[face_cool]

Duo just might be the best thing to come out of Gundam Wing. I've been anxious to play as Deathscythe too, Though as of late, I have found myself wishing Duo was replaced with Quattre instead, because (note: this is only what I have heard on forums from people who have played the game) The Deathscythe appears to be less than extrodonairy because it's SP only hits a handfull of baddies, and his combo doesn't move forward much so it's very hard to keep enemies in your hits.

HOWEVER, that doesnt change the joy of still using good Ol Duo Maxwell as a pilot. I'm sure his battle lines will bring joy to all of our hearts.

Dec 20, 2010
Tylerox9 said:
DeathscytheKotsu said:

Duo just might be the best thing to come out of Gundam Wing. I've been anxious to play as Deathscythe too, Though as of late, I have found myself wishing Duo was replaced with Quattre instead, because (note: this is only what I have heard on forums from people who have played the game) The Deathscythe appears to be less than extrodonairy because it's SP only hits a handfull of baddies, and his combo doesn't move forward much so it's very hard to keep enemies in your hits.

HOWEVER, that doesnt change the joy of still using good Ol Duo Maxwell as a pilot. I'm sure his battle lines will bring joy to all of our hearts.

I've noticed that on the gameplay Videos for deathscythe, But none the less, I'm still really Looking forward to mastering this Gundam. I'm Sure the Special Increases in badassery as the level increases, Just like with wing Zero in DWGI/DWGII. lol But either way. Duo and Deathscythe are gunna be my main Mobile Suit/ Pilot in this new Game, as well as the good Ol' Wing Zero, and Heavyarms thrown in there for Good Measure!

Dec 20, 2010
Tylerox9 said:
DeathscytheKotsu said:

ZhouTaiRoks

No Longer a Noob
Mar 24, 2003
Assist characters differ in usefulness. Most of the time i specifically use Assist characters only with the functioning as the pilot i'm trying to raise the relation level for in order to unlock them as playable characters. (if in case they don't appear as allies on the randomly generated stage you're about to play) For example, that smart mouth Beecha Oleg being perfect for nonstandard Hyaku Shiki play. [face_tongue]

Assist attack power ups are scarce to come by in combat btw, i've rarely found more than one or two even after shooting down over six hundred Grunt MS some times.

Leveling certain characters to Level 5 on the chart unlocks special skills for purchase from the store. I only have a few pilots like Treize, Setsuna and Loran at Level 5 so far lol.

rashoood

No Longer a Noob
May 8, 2004
I use Setsuna with 00-raiser most of the time. If i want to change, then either Puru Two with her Quebly or Ru with her Zeta gundam.

00-raiser is a beast btw! good for both crowds and one on one. Not to mention that he's almost broken when going trans-am. Invincibity when they hit you and you dash with power up for charge attacks. I can't get enough of him [face_tongue]

rashoood

No Longer a Noob
May 8, 2004
lol no I've been waiting for 00-suits since 00 series showed up! Now they finally added Setsuna and I went with him and his MS. I didn't just choose him because of his upper MS [face_tongue]

BTW I really want to get the DLC characters but damn the only way is order a JPN card online and that will take a while to reach me... :(

ZhouTaiRoks

No Longer a Noob
Mar 24, 2003
Same here but i'm not bothering with the DLC characters unless the game is actually localized sometime this year.

Definitely looking forward to Seravee and Seraphim. Wonder how a character with two mobile suits at once will work out.

Cherudim and Lockon are out on the 9th next wednesday. Arios and Allelujah on the 16th and Seravee on the 23rd.

rashoood

No Longer a Noob
May 8, 2004
lol yeah! I think he will release seraphim after musou like 00-raiser trans-am and seraphim will do his own combos when you do your seravee combos... kinda like God Gundam Clones but this time each one has his own moves?? Just my guess

Talons82

Noob
Mar 7, 2011
In the first two games I played Heero (Wing Zero) & Millardo (Wing Zero) mostly. Third game I am going to play Setsuna (00 Raiser) first then work my way from there.

Tylerox9

Noob
Jun 11, 2010
Talons82 said:
In the first two games I played Heero (Wing Zero) & Millardo (Wing Zero) mostly. Third game I am going to play Setsuna (00 Raiser) first then work my way from there.

I've concluded just about every non-new characters, and characters not from 00 and beyond have become rather obsolete compared to the characters who are, tier wise. All those new characters have moves that are just too big to match. they do what all the previous top tiers did, but better

Talons82

Noob
Mar 7, 2011
Tylerox9 said:
Talons82 said:

I've concluded just about every non-new characters, and characters not from 00 and beyond have become rather obsolete compared to the characters who are, tier wise. All those new characters have moves that are just too big to match. they do what all the previous top tiers did, but better

Your right on that one. The RX-78GP02A Gundam "Physalis" and DX gundam could destroy hundreds of mobile suits and that is just with their SP attacks. Their move sets are going to be unique as well as fun.

Jul 31, 2006
I just bought the game, my main is Seabook Arno and the Formula 91 Gundam , because I always loved that model kit , if I can get Amuro on my good side I will utilise his Nu Gundam too.