Dec 14, 2009
So I have all of the SC's on Xbox, obviously. I am someone to collect series as well, so every CE possible for Halo, Uncharted etc...yet over the last year I have hardly touched my xbox other than beating Halo 4 in a few days and returning back to my free-to-play, personally more enjoyable UI, PS3.

Break the xbox collection and stay with comfortable PS3? I am unfortunately leaning to that.
Tho that Xbox controller is something..

TheGooob

Noob
Dec 30, 2008
My vote is for the Wii U because I need more games for the system and because I'm interested in what they are doing with the gamepad. Given the choice of PS3 or 360 tho, I personally like the 360 controllers better but comfort is important. If I were more comfy wih the PS3 as a machine like you are I would get the PS3 version.

Nick930930

Noob
Mar 12, 2013
I'm getting the PC version because of how much better Chaos Theory was on PC than the other systems. However, I'm skeptical as to which version will be better this time.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent was undeniably best on the xbox360 since it was the only REAL next gen version of the game at the time. Splinter Cell: Conviction was identical on both PC and Xbox360 in that they both used the xbox360 controller and looked close to identical.

So if it's anything like Conviction, which it looks like it might be, I'd say whichever version has the better online community. It might be best on Xbox360 if it has a weak PC community again.

Apr 23, 2011
Maryland
My two cents would be on Xbox, the UI might be nifty for your PS3 but the controller is what sells it, you want to be comfortable and seamlessly transition to this new SC with a controller that doesn't throw you off. I'd stick with what feels right. Xbox 360 controller is the best.

HeidiHoe

Noob
Jan 9, 2008
Personally its the PC version for me. I usually play PC versions of any game when available, after that my next choice is 360.

strker_99

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 26, 2005
Definitely PC version for me, Conviction had some frame rate issues on 360 during some of the hectic sequences and the mouse and keyboard is more fitting for precise, quick kills IMO.

TheFlesh

Noob
Jul 2, 2013
I'm getting the PC version because of how much better Chaos Theory was on PC than the other systems. However, I'm skeptical as to which version will be better this time.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent was undeniably best on the xbox360 since it was the only REAL next gen version of the game at the time. Splinter Cell: Conviction was identical on both PC and Xbox360 in that they both used the xbox360 controller and looked close to identical.

So if it's anything like Conviction, which it looks like it might be, I'd say whichever version has the better online community. It might be best on Xbox360 if it has a weak PC community again.

Actually, I'm not sure how you can say the xbox360 version of Double Agent was undeniably the best when the ORIGINAL Xbox version was made by the studio who made the best Splinter Cell games in Chaos Theory and the original, Ubisoft Montreal. Composite scores also place the original Xbox version as the best as well. It including the most solid coop options as well as what most agree is a better story. Sure the 360 was the only next gen offering but it showed the youth and inexperience of the console more than anything else.

PC for me since online is always the most friendly there and it will look the best.

Last edited:

HeidiHoe

Noob
Jan 9, 2008
Actually, I'm not sure how you can say the xbox360 version of Double Agent was undeniably the best when the ORIGINAL Xbox version was made by the studio who made the best Splinter Cell games in Chaos Theory and the original, Ubisoft Montreal.

I seem to remember that at the time most posting to forums thought the original Xbox version was better than the 360's. Your post confirms this at least as far as your own opinion, but I DO remember there being a consensus at the time which agreed as well. As far as D.A. I only ever played the original Xbox version myself so I can't give a poersonal opinion, just thought I'd relay what I remember from forums at the time the game came out.

Justin_183

Noob
Feb 8, 2012
I pre-ordered blacklist for the Xbox. I'm sure it will look awesome on PC but from the trailers I've seen it looks great on Xbox, and my guess is the PC version will have the Xbox controller option.

NiGGerHunTEr420

Prime Member
Jul 11, 2010
My vote is for the Wii U because I need more games for the system and because I'm interested in what they are doing with the gamepad. Given the choice of PS3 or 360 tho, I personally like the 360 controllers better but comfort is important. If I were more comfy wih the PS3 as a machine like you are I would get the PS3 version.

I just picked it up for Wii U and i'm impressed by the graphics(compared to the ps3 version i was playing a few days ago) but there iSs NO ONE ONLINE. I can't find a single person online at 12:30 am. On ps3 it was easy to get a match until like 6 am. I feel ripped. I also bought it on pc but steam is f&%cked and its taking forever. I'd get the xbox version if i you have a choice of any console system. The xbox version is 1080p like the Wii U version but the ps3 version is only 720 P but it has an online community which the wii u does not.

MikeJab

Noob
Aug 21, 2013
PC version. I like how easy it is to install,download and play. Its too much of a hassle on xbox, installing and all